MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   Andy Roddick Message Board (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=70)
-   -   The Captain Obvious Thread. (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=32857)

Deboogle!. 04-04-2005 02:35 AM

The Captain Obvious Thread.

I think CaptainObviousBrad deserves it..... especially after this latest winner of a posting. There's too much crap to make fun of in his posts, we might as well collect them all in one place ;)
-----------------
4.3.2005 -

Iím totally Kimphatic about Clijsters pulling off the daily double the last two weeks! The only other person to accomplish this feat was Steffi. Clijsters has announced her presence once again on the WTA Tour. In her meteoric return to the game she went through six top ten players, for that effort she gets the Bud Ice player of the week award.

Big props to Nadal, who despite a losing effort has declared himself a force to be reckoned with on the hard courts. In the first set Federer was surprised by Nadalís high and heavy ball. Nadal had the Federer Express on the defensive for the first three sets and was a sniff away from the biggest win of his career. Then it was like some computer chip went off in Rogerís brain and he started to do some damage with his forehand. The whole match kind of reminded my of Andyís 03 semifinal five set comeback over Nalbadian. This kid is only 18 and he moves as well as Federer and might even be as fast as Hewitt. I see Nadal as a cross between Muster and Vilas. Look for him to be this year's Coria on clay. Heís also my early pick to win Roland Garros, which he missed the last two years because of injuries.
==============

My comments:
~Kimphatic???????????????????
~OK so the match actually reminded me of Andy's USO SF too :awww:
~I don't think Rafa really wants to be this year's Coria, does he? no, I wouldn't think sooooooooooo.

snaillyyy 04-04-2005 02:42 AM

Re: The Captain Obvious Thread.

Good idea Deb, he certainly has plenty "hot air" coming out of that mouth of his to provide entertainment for a long time to come :p

Errrr Brad can you try something original anytime soon :rolleyes: Though I do have to say the "Kimphatic" gave me a good laugh.

liptea 04-04-2005 03:40 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Look, it's Brad Gilbert!

Chloe le Bopper 04-04-2005 08:28 AM

Nadal won't win Roland Garros. It's too soon. Give him a year or two, he hasn't even played there before.

That match didn't remind me of the Andy-David semifinal whatsoever. Nadal did everything he could and didn't choke. Roger simply stepped it up to another level and that was it. Nadal will probably develop that "extra gear" in the future. If he had it today, it could have been different. IMO, David dipped after the third set in their match. Oh, and then he proceeded to sit out for most of the rest of the year because his wirst was busted. Sorry... not seeing it.

Being this years Coria would be fine if it means we can leave the ridiculous RG final out.

But seirously Brad... there is no room on the Nadal bandwagon. We're a packed house of 6, and there is no room for you. Sorry. You lost your spot when you wrote him off a year ago.

J. Corwin 04-04-2005 08:55 AM

Gotta love our friend Brad Gilbert ;)

(Brad: "That picture is of me")

jessa007 04-04-2005 04:31 PM

BG :lol:

gorgeous 04-04-2005 04:41 PM

And the pic up there.... ugh, the hair!!! :eek:

Quote:

that killed me. that really killed me. (that means i'm dead.)
:haha:

surfpinky 04-04-2005 06:35 PM

For some reason, looking at that picture makes me think of miami vice :cool:

andyroxmysox12191 04-04-2005 08:21 PM

Nice idea of a thread deb :yeah:
Brad's horrible in pics (but danielle looks awesome!)...watch me end up running into him at the practice day though and ask for a pic :lol:

roisin 04-04-2005 08:28 PM

brads a babe :rolls:
and he says the most interesting thing ;)

Saumon 04-04-2005 08:43 PM

Brad is sexay :drool:

NOT!! :devil:

superpinkone37 04-06-2005 09:36 PM

I like Brad's updates for the humor I find when he goes on and on about nothing we didnt already know. :rolleyes: But this whole thread....:haha: :haha:

blosson 04-06-2005 09:39 PM

bradlicious cookies - past their sale date. they don't make them anymore, recipe gone missing. taste staled.

MissFairy 04-09-2005 06:25 PM

so heres the deal, Andy was probably like, 'So Brad, how am i gonna get back to Number One?'

Brad: 'Play some ball'

the result? the 2004 Season :o

Deboogle!. 04-11-2005 10:37 PM

The Captain strikes again!

4.11.2005 -

Last week marked the official start of the clay court season and now this week with the Masters Series event taking place at Monte-Carlo we will get a good look at the early favorites for Roland Garros. The seven weeks that leads up to RG is unique only to the red stuff on the tennis calendar. No other surface in tennis enjoys such exclusivity. That being the case, Iíd like to bring up my qualm of the day. The U.S. needs to deal with the current trend of not having any real clay court contenders. Weíve got only one American (Spadea) playing this week in Monte-Carlo. Part of the problem is the lack of red clay courts in the U.S. The green stuff is not the same, itís to fast and slippery. This is a big oversight on our part. We should have our juniors starting out on clay when they are young. Itís like learning how to ski; itís much easier to learn when youíre a little kid than when youíre an adult. I was 19 the first time that I played on clay. It took me years to learn how to move on it.

There are 12 to 14 guys that can really play well on the red stuff. But the guy that I have my money is Nadal. I remember the first time I saw him play; he was only 15, and I was blown away. He has made some major improvements to his game in the last year and has recently gained a lot of confidence. His backhand has improved greatly since the 04 U.S. Open. I think he can still get better on his serve. He and "Club Fed" could meet up in the semis. Iíd pay $500.00 to see that match.