MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   Polls & Quizzes Forum (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=285)
-   -   Who is your favourite passed-away-too-early musician (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=32513)

Purple Rainbow 03-31-2005 07:49 AM

Who is your favourite passed-away-too-early musician

Lots of musicians died before their time, depriving us of great music, their genius minds could have given us. Which one is your favourite?

Lots of musicians died before their time, depriving us of great music, their genius minds could have given us. Which one is your favourite?

1) W. A. Mozart (1756-1791). Arguably the worlds greatest composer ever.

2) Charlie Parker (1920-1955). Jazz saxophonist, nicknamed the Bird. Ranks with Miles Davis as most influential musician of his time.

3) Brian Jones (1942-1969). Founding member of the Rolling Stones. Became the first Rock & Roll martyr after he drowned in a pool.

4) Jimi Hendrix (1942-1970). Worlds most influential, and arguably the greatest, guitarist ever. Suffocated in his own vomit after overdosing.

5) Janis Joplin (1943-1970). Nicknamed Pearl, Jopplin was one of the greatest sixties icons. Died from an overdose two weeks after Hendrix.

6) Jim Morrison (1943-1971). Charismatic lead singer of rock legends The Doors. Died from an overdose and was found in a Paris bath tub.

7) Kurt Cobain (1967-1994). Lead singer and guitarist of highly influential grunge band Nirvana. Commited suicide in his garage.

8) Tupac Shakur (1971-1996). Most influential gangsta rapper of the nineties, voice of a generation. Shot dead in Las Vegas.

9) Aaliyah (1979-2001). Omnitalented artist and R&B icon. Died in a plane crash after shooting a video.

SuperFurryAnimal 03-31-2005 07:57 AM

Re: Who is your favourite passed-away-too-early musician

Jimi Hendrix
Jim Morrison
Janis Joplin
Kurt Cobain
Freddy Mercury
Jeff Buckley
Ian Curtis
Nick Drake
Michael Hutchence
Brian Jones
Bob Marley
Shannon Hoon
John Lennon
Elliot Smith
Buddy Holly
Ritchie Valens
Marvin Gaye
Otis Redding
Ben E. King
Sam Cooke

so many... :sad:

Ferrero Forever 03-31-2005 08:00 AM

All the composers of the classical era, as well as Jimi Hendrix and Bob Marley.

Purple Rainbow 03-31-2005 08:15 AM

Hey, you were all too quick! I hadn't even finished my poll! :p

SuperFurryAnimal 03-31-2005 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Purple Rainbow
Hey, you were all too quick! I hadn't even finished my poll! :p

I miss several great artists in your list... Check mine! :p

Purple Rainbow 03-31-2005 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperFurryAnimal
I miss several great artists in your list... Check mine! :p

Make your own poll then, dammit! :p
Besides your list is missing Mozart, Parker, Tupac and Aaliyah! You musical barbarian! :(

SuperFurryAnimal 03-31-2005 08:24 AM

Yeah, but your list misses Freddy Mercury, Bob Marley, John Lennon and Marvin Gaye among others... shame on you! :p

Purple Rainbow 03-31-2005 08:37 AM

Quote:

Yeah, but your list misses Freddy Mercury, Bob Marley, John Lennon and Marvin Gaye among others... shame on you! :p

Though they died too early, they lived to the ages of 45, 36, 40 and 44 respectively. This has given them plenty of time to leave a musical legacy to the world. My poll includes only artists who died at a very young age, with the exception of Mozart, and Bird. They are included both because they are icons of a tragic early death, and because I wanted to include musicians from different eras.

There are plenty more i can think of, The Allman brothers, Notorious B.I.G., Tommy Bolin, Cliff Burton to name a few. But alas, a poll can only include 10 options!

MisterQ 03-31-2005 08:42 AM

these five are close to my heart, in roughly this order:

Mozart :worship:

Janis Joplin :singer:
Charlie Parker :bowdown:

Jimi Hendrix :rocker2:

Kurt Cobain :)

Another big loss was Schubert, who died at age 32, I believe. :sad:

SuperFurryAnimal 03-31-2005 08:50 AM

Quote:

Though they died too early, they lived to the ages of 45, 36, 40 and 44 respectively. This has given them plenty of time to leave a musical legacy to the world. My poll includes only artists who died at a very young age, with the exception of Mozart, and Bird. They are included both because they are icons of a tragic early death, and because I wanted to include musicians from different eras.

There are plenty more i can think of, The Allman brothers, Notorious B.I.G., Tommy Bolin, Cliff Burton to name a few. But alas, a poll can only include 10 options!

HAP! ;)

Björki 03-31-2005 08:51 AM

Kurt Cobain

User ID 4783 03-31-2005 08:54 AM

Marvin Gaye
Bob Marley
Tammi Terrell
Otis Redding
Dinah Washington
Sam Cooke
John Coltrane
Elvis Presley
Eva Cassidy

Composers:
Mozart, George Gershwin

Purple Rainbow 03-31-2005 08:54 AM

Quote:

HAP! ;)

How can we ever have a serious discussion if you are going to end it with HAP all the time? :shrug:

SuperFurryAnimal 03-31-2005 08:54 AM

Quote:

In that case I'd have to say Ian Curtis of Joy Division, who died at the age of 23 ... I am 23 now as well..! :sad:
And Tami Terrell, the soul singer who died of cancer aged 25... :sad:

*SKYE* 03-31-2005 09:00 AM

who cant miss Hendix!