MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   if...Stockholm Open (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=343)
-   -   Anyone going? (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=32447)

Aleksa's Laydee 03-30-2005 03:43 PM

Anyone going?

Hey anyone going to this tournie?? :wavey:

MissPovaFan 03-31-2005 12:57 AM

Re: Anyone going?

No.

Aleksa's Laydee 03-31-2005 12:58 AM

LMFAO paul :p

enqvistfan 05-31-2005 07:00 PM

I plan to go there but nothing is sure yet

Val

enqvistfan 06-29-2005 05:41 AM

Now, it's confirmed, I have my holidays and I go to Stockholm for the tournament :) Great :) :) It will be the second time for me. I'm sure I'll spend a great time there.

Val

Aleksa's Laydee 07-09-2005 08:18 PM

WOW have fun! I so want to go but i cant :sad:

Tell me all about it please Val!

Kristen 07-11-2005 07:29 AM

Stockholm :eek:
The tournament that's #2 on my to-do list. #1 is Wimbledon. Cheer loud for him Val :D :wavey:

Sommarsverige 07-11-2005 09:00 PM

I will also be there for sure :)

LaTenista 07-24-2005 05:23 AM

I really want to go to an indoor tournament this year - I always go to Cincy which is outdoor. I'm thinking about this one because it would be easy to travel to Stockholm from England.

I assume most of the Swedish players will be there, but what about the rest? The website only lists last year's players. :(

Any advice from anyone who's been there before would be greatly appreciated. Thanks :)

kukka 08-04-2005 03:51 PM

Since I've been in Stockholm Open the past seven years (and had loads of fun in there) it feels difficult to pass the tourney this year. It can be that I'm there only for few days (not full 9 days as before). And I'm not yet even sure if I'm going. But I'll try my best to make it there. This has been a weird year for me so far, no live tennis at all... :rolleyes:

Elina :umbrella:

kalle 08-20-2005 08:15 PM

i going to stockholm open monday-thursday..

Sommarsverige 08-22-2005 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaTenista
I really want to go to an indoor tournament this year - I always go to Cincy which is outdoor. I'm thinking about this one because it would be easy to travel to Stockholm from England.

I assume most of the Swedish players will be there, but what about the rest? The website only lists last year's players. :(

Any advice from anyone who's been there before would be greatly appreciated. Thanks :)

What do you want to know? I have been there many times before and I like the tournament! Of course about the players, I canīt give you information yet either, but I hope the entry list will come out soon!

LaTenista 09-18-2005 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sommarsverige
What do you want to know? I have been there many times before and I like the tournament! Of course about the players, I canīt give you information yet either, but I hope the entry list will come out soon!

Due to recent developments including Hurricane Katrina, I won't be able to go this year. :sad: Really sucks too, because I won't get to see any of it on TV since TTC is covering the Kremlin Cup (Moscow) that week.

But it's definitely on my list for 2006. Oooh, I have lots of questions. Any tips/secrets you can pass along to someone to who's never been there before (the tournament nor Sweden)? What's the atmosphere at the tourney like? Is all the seating reserved? I assume most Swedes speak English, at least all the Swedish tennis players seem to speak it really well :). My Spanish is passable but I don't think it'd come in handy there. Is the qualifying held at the same site as the main tournament?

Thanks in advance.

Juhani 10-03-2005 03:55 PM

Last year I was there to see the semifinals, and this year I will go to see the semifinals and final. I really like the tournament, 'cause the atmosphere is very nice and intimate, the venue is not very big. It doesn't really matter which section your seat is in at the "Royal Tennishall" in Stockholm, it's impossible to end up too far from the court..! The only other ATP tournament I have been to was Stuttgart this year, and I thought the atmosphere was not as good as in Stockholm. But it could be that outdoors it's impossible to have such a "warm" atmosphere.

And yes, most of the swedish people speak excellent english!