Mens Tennis Forums banner

Tennis statistics

1K views 18 replies 13 participants last post by  jamescarrey 
#1 ·
Hi

I've just been set A-level statistics coursework and have to find sets of data somewhere on the web. Basically i have to find two sets of data and test if there is a relationship between them. I thought to brighten up my coursework and to stop myself from dying with boredom everytime i worked on it, I would use tennis stats of some kind, so i was wondering if anyone could be kind enough to give me the addresses of some good websites with tennis stats. I was thinking of looking at the relationship betwen first serve percentage and overall games won, or something similar.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance
Laura

PS Good luck Russia!

#4 ·
Is there a statistic somewhere about the distance of height over the net all the shots of one player have? Please help.

I know data about rpm on topspin, which is similar but not the same. My question is about the centimetres between ball and the net of groundstrokes of Top 50 players.

#6 ·
You are such an annoying and negative, destructive poster. Just answer my question, thanks.

I do know that this thread is 20 years old. My question fits to the title and we don't have to create a new thread for every question.

Reactions: NextGenKing
#13 ·
You are such an annoying and negative, destructive poster. Just answer my question, thanks.

I do know that this thread is 20 years old. My question fits to the title and we don't have to create a new thread for every question.
You should’ve though and I’m sure the forum encouraged you to do so when responding to the thread…

Why destructive i just thought it was funny. You need to take a chill pill sometime

#11 ·
I've just been set A-level statistics coursework and have to find sets of data somewhere on the web. Basically i have to find two sets of data and test if there is a relationship between them. I thought to brighten up my coursework and to stop myself from dying with boredom every time i worked on it, I would use tennis stats of some kind, so i was wondering if anyone could be kind enough to give me the addresses of some good websites with tennis stats. I was thinking of looking at the relationship between first serve percentage and overall games won, or something similar.

#19 ·
Is there a statistical measure available that records the vertical distance over the net for each shot played by a specific player? I'm aware of data regarding topspin RPM, but that's not exactly what I'm looking for. Specifically, I'm interested in knowing the centimeters between the ball and the net on groundstrokes of the Top 50 players. Can you provide any assistance with this?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.