MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   Tim Henman Message Board (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Indian Wells (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=30914)

Yonge 03-11-2005 09:21 PM

Indian Wells

Tim loves this tournament and he's been in the finals twice in the past, including last year (lost to Fed). He has a good draw again this year, but I'm not doing the 'prospective opponents' list again because it gets my hopes up and I feel a bit disappointed when Tim loses early :lol:

Instead we'll take it round per round:

1st round: Bye - Tim's not likely to lose here, but with him we never know :devil:

2nd round: Clement or Donald Young. Tim has a 2-0 record against Arnauld, but they haven't played each other since 2000. Tim and Young has never met before in an ATP event.

Goodluck Tim!

thenman 03-12-2005 02:48 AM

Re: Indian Wells

Looks like he's playing Clement. GO TIM!

Btw, Yonge, thanks for the heads up in that Facing Federer DVD thread in General Messages re: TSN - I had no idea that TSN was going to show it! I've never seen the documentary, so you might imagine how excited I am to see Tim's fun side :)

Yonge 03-12-2005 06:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thenman

Btw, Yonge, thanks for the heads up in that Facing Federer DVD thread in General Messages re: TSN - I had no idea that TSN was going to show it! I've never seen the documentary, so you might imagine how excited I am to see Tim's fun side :)

No prob. I think I'm gonna miss the documentary though, since I have a lecture at that time :( . I hope they show it again during Masters Cup Shanghai later this year.

thenman 03-12-2005 03:51 PM

Yeah, Mondays at 4, I have lecture, too. But I'll tape it. I can't NOT watch it - it sounds great! Besides,

(Gahh...lectures. Are you in university/college, too?)

Yonge 03-12-2005 10:57 PM

Tim def. Clement 4-6 6-4 6-3. The second serve was a problem today but he pulled it off! :yeah:

Next: either Paul Goldstein or Jurgen Melzer.
Tim is 1-1 against Jurgen (lost in Miami last year in 3 sets, but we all know he was tired from Indian Wells at that time ;) ). Against Goldstein Tim is 1-0 (Tim won en route to his title in Washington D.C. 2 years ago).

....And yes thenman, I'm in university, too.

(ADD: It's Melzer in the 2nd round)

GO TIM!

jetzt 03-14-2005 01:47 AM

Omg I'm so sad that I don't have TSN at home... :(

Good luck Tim. His match is tomorrow at 10 am local time.

thenman 03-14-2005 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yonge
Tim def. Clement 4-6 6-4 6-3. The second serve was a problem today but he pulled it off! :yeah:

Hey Yonge, I was just wondering how you knew it was Tim's second serve in particular that was the problem during that match? Was it on tv?

Yonge 03-14-2005 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thenman
Hey Yonge, I was just wondering how you knew it was Tim's second serve in particular that was the problem during that match? Was it on tv?

I wish it was on tv! Well actually it was - in Europe! Some of Tim's fans from there were sharing the happenings in the Scores & OOP Thread while I was following the live scores online. I think the match summary showed that he won only 40% of 2nd serve points.

Yonge 03-14-2005 10:45 PM

Tim def. Melzer 7-6 6-4! :bounce:

Up next: Robredo
Tim is 3-0 against him, one of those wins came at Indian Wells in 2002 (Tim reached the final that year).

Go TIM!!!

flyingmachine 03-14-2005 10:48 PM

Well done Tim. :yeah:

|-Safin_Coria-| 03-16-2005 01:03 AM

keep it up Tim! :yeah:

Yonge 03-16-2005 10:45 PM

Tim defeated Robredo 6-4 2-6 6-2!!! He was down a break in the first set and came back.

Next: Either Guillermo Canas or Taylor Dent. We all know that Canas is a tough one for Tim (H2H is 1-4, with Canas winning the last 4 meetings). Taylor and Tim have not played each other yet. It'd be nice to see two serve and volleyers facing each other.

GO TIM!!!

Yonge 03-16-2005 11:49 PM

I dunno what happened to Dent, but Canas won after just 1 set. So there's a very very tough match waiting for Tim in the next round :help: :unsure:

|-Safin_Coria-| 03-17-2005 12:07 PM

Dent had some sort of food poisoning [?], which forced him to retire
Comon Tim!!! you're my last hope!!!!!!! :bounce:

jmgsdoubsprtnr 03-17-2005 11:09 PM

im watching timmus's match on TV right now!!

GO TIMMUS!!! :woohoo: