MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   Mardy Fish Message Board (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=231)
-   -   the "please don't get drawn against fed or andy" indian wells thread (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=30612)

Éowyn 03-07-2005 02:36 AM

the "please don't get drawn against fed or andy" indian wells thread

so how do we think the fishy is going to do??? i wanna see him get somewhere half decent in this one.
but no more draws like the last 2 can't take another tournament of all my boys squished in the same section.

Deboogle!. 03-07-2005 04:18 AM

Re: the "please don't get drawn against fed or andy" indian wells thread

I hope Mardy gets a decent draw, too. he actually has R16 points to defend, and where his ranking is, if he doesn't defend them all, he will drop out of the top 50.

Maia 03-07-2005 09:57 AM

Mardy has to get back on track!!!!
I'm hoping for a good draw, obviously, but so far this year even good draws weren't very helpful.

C'mon Mardy!!!!!! :yeah:

Dinkie 03-07-2005 10:17 AM

Maybe there is no pressure anymore for Mardy. The Daviscup Team also lost without him (and with Andre) so maybe he can relax a little and do a few rounds.

Was Mardy in Carson??
I noticed that for the Dutch team everyone was there in Switzerland, the injured players (Verkerk, Sluiter) and also the ones that were not called in the team this time (Van Lottum). Great team spirit I thought. Did anyone spot Mardy or Vince or was it just Dent in the stands?

Deboogle!. 03-07-2005 01:43 PM

on Friday, we only saw Taylor. khyber said he saw Justin Gimelstob. We thought that James, Mardy, Robby, etc, might be there since Indian Wells is coming up and Carson is pretty closeby, but we couldn't spot any of them in the stands (and we were sitting right across from the US team so we had a good view)

smucav 03-07-2005 03:48 PM

Amer Delic was there too. He was the other practice partner along with Dent.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Debstah
I hope Mardy gets a decent draw, too. he actually has R16 points to defend, and where his ranking is, if he doesn't defend them all, he will drop out of the top 50.

He got the very last direct entry spot into Monte Carlo. If he drops any lower than he is now, he will have to play qualifying in Rome & probably Hamburg.

Éowyn 03-07-2005 11:13 PM

i think he'll do well if he doens't get a draw as evil as the last 2 or at least i hope he will!

Deboogle!. 03-07-2005 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smucav
He got the very last direct entry spot into Monte Carlo. If he drops any lower than he is now, he will have to play qualifying in Rome & probably Hamburg.

:o:o:o:o:o

Have fun trying to qualify on clay, Mardy :haha:

aceit 03-08-2005 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Debstah
Have fun trying to qualify on clay, Mardy :haha:

:o

Deboogle!. 03-08-2005 04:16 AM

i wonder if he'd even bother trying to qualify, to be honest.

ataptc 03-08-2005 01:19 PM

:lol: sorry I just had to laugh when I thought of Mardy qualifying for a clay tournament

Aleksa's Laydee 03-08-2005 02:43 PM

this is terrible...hes gotta find form!!

Deboogle!. 03-08-2005 03:00 PM

Mardy probably should've entered the Sunrise challenger - a lot of people enter then if they win a couple rounds at IW they pull out. At least that way he'd have a chance to get in some good matches. It's a very strong field for a challenger. Mardy needs to win more than one match in a row, which he has not done since the Olympics. If it means entering some challengers or having to qualify for tournaments that gives him the kick in the ass, then so be it. Come on Mardy, we know you're better than this!

aceit 03-08-2005 08:21 PM

Agreed. He needs to get a bunch of wins in a row even if they aren't against top ranked players.

Flushing_Ace 03-08-2005 09:49 PM

Well, he didn't get drawn against one of the guys you wanted

(1) Roger Federer v. Bye
Jan-Michael Gambill v. Mardy Fish
Qualifier v. Gilles Muller
Bye v. (26) Radek Stepanek

Looks like he won't be getting past his second round drought anytime soon :(