MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   General Messages (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   What must Tim Henman be thinking about every time he sees that roof over Centre Court (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=297617)

lupojohn 06-27-2013 08:38 PM

What must Tim Henman be thinking about every time he sees that roof over Centre Court

I've always thought about this considering the drought for British men and everything that goes into it with Murray. Obviously, i'm talking about his 2001 SF with Goran. I really think if there was a roof over Centre Court, Murray wouldn't have all this pressure on him.

aussie_fan 06-27-2013 08:39 PM

Re: What must Tim Henman be thinking about every time he sees that roof over Centre C

Quote:

Originally Posted by lupojohn (Post 16393321)
I've always thought about this considering the drought for British men and everything that goes into it with Murray. Obviously, i'm talking about his 2001 SF with Goran. I really think if there was a roof over Centre Court, Murray wouldn't have all this pressure on him.

Rafter would of won the final for starters...

acionescu 06-27-2013 08:45 PM

Re: What must Tim Henman be thinking about every time he sees that roof over Centre C

As if he had beaten Rafter in the final....:zzz:

lupojohn 06-27-2013 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aussie_fan (Post 16393337)
Rafter would of won the final for starters...

Disagree.

MaxPower 06-27-2013 09:37 PM

Probably thinks something like: "That roof had been nice"

Then he sees the prize money for Wimbledon 2013 compared to when he played and goes "FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU"

TigerTim 06-27-2013 09:51 PM

Rafter would have won Wimby 2001 final in something like 4

miura88 06-27-2013 10:04 PM

Federer would probably have beaten Nadal in 08 if they had the roof that year.

Arakasi 06-27-2013 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by miura88 (Post 16394673)
Federer would probably have beaten Nadal in 08 if they had the roof that year.

And that was the last ever match without the roof :sad:

Tiebreak100 06-27-2013 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arakasi (Post 16395161)
And that was the last ever match without the roof :sad:

You got lucky last year. Murray would be going for the double this year if it was not for that bloody roof.

Arakasi 06-27-2013 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiebreak100 (Post 16395185)
You got lucky last year. Murray would be going for the double this year if it was not for that bloody roof.

I find it very amusing the revisionist history that has gone on regarding that match. Before it started raining they were 1 set all and on serve in the third. Federer had all the momentum having just won the second set. Moreover, he'd held convincingly in his first two service games of the third set while Murray had struggled in his own.

At the time Murray fans were the ones who were happy for them to go off court so that Murray could recompose himself. The commentators were saying the delay favoured him because he was looking in trouble.

Direct quotes from the Murray fanboys who were commentating early in the third:

"as far as Murray is concerned the rain couldn't come soon enough"
"come on rain"
"[Murray] is hanging by a thread right now"

Soon after the match was completed somehow the story managed to become that Murray was dominating before the roof and Federer got lucky. You're an outright troll so I don't have much hope, but can you refute any of these facts with actual facts?

Tiebreak100 06-28-2013 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arakasi (Post 16395897)
I find it very amusing the revisionist history that has gone on regarding that match. Before it started raining they were 1 set all and on serve in the third. Federer had all the momentum having just won the second set. Moreover, he'd held convincingly in his first two service games of the third set while Murray had struggled in his own.

At the time Murray fans were the ones who were happy for them to go off court so that Murray could recompose himself. The commentators were saying the delay favoured him because he was looking in trouble.

Direct quotes from the Murray fanboys who were commentating early in the third:

"as far as Murray is concerned the rain couldn't come soon enough"
"come on rain"
"[Murray] is hanging by a thread right now"

Soon after the match was completed somehow the story managed to become that Murray was dominating before the roof and Federer got lucky. You're an outright troll so I don't have much hope, but can you refute any of these facts with actual facts?

I do not give a flying fuck what was posted in a commentary thread. My expert opinion is all that matters. Matches fluctuate in momentum, and Fed was just confident after unfairly thieving the second set. Murray had weathered the storm at the beginning of the third, and was just preparing to launch a brutal attack on the Swiss - then the rain came.

Winning an indoor final on the hallowed Wimbledon turf is just not right. The sacred traditions of the game were flushed down the toilet the moment they closed the roof. Disgusting.

Without the assistance of the pensioners in the All England Federer Fan Club/Committee, Murray annihilated the Swiss at the Olympics. A true grass court final. That match was not tainted.

tektonac 06-28-2013 01:13 AM

Murray just got owned by Maestro last year roof/no roof.

Tiebreak100 06-28-2013 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tektonac (Post 16397353)
Murray just got owned by Maestro last year roof/no roof.

Lies.

tektonac 06-28-2013 01:17 AM

Murray is lucky Stakhovsky took care of indisposed Maestro otherwise we would witness another ownage :shrug:

Hensafmurrafter 06-28-2013 02:05 AM

I don't think anyone should be so sure that Rafter would have beat Henman in that 2001 final, had it taken place. Rafters record against Tim was only 3-2, and the only time they played at Wimbeldon Henman took the match.