MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   General Player Talk (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=596)
-   -   The serve (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=28211)

Rex 02-13-2005 10:55 AM

The serve

Can anyone give me a website where i can view clpis on how to serve the flat serve. Its very important because i have been told to delay my backswing when serving, but i was looking to find out a little more. Thanks for your help....

athie 02-13-2005 12:13 PM

Re: The serve

Cple of articles here courtesy of google....

Article 1
Article 2
Article 3

Prolly an idea to check out some of the coaching sites.... :wavey:

federer express 02-13-2005 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rex
Can anyone give me a website where i can view clpis on how to serve the flat serve.

unless u have dementieva's toss, a flat serve is the easiest thing in the world to hit. dont come up the back of the ball or round the outside of it as u do with topspin and slice...simply hit through it. not sure what your toss is like but one just in front of you or slightly to the right should make it easy enough for you to do. depending on your level u may need to change your grip also. u basically want the ball to hit the strings full on, flat if u like (hence the name of the serve). coaching book may be more help....

Rex 02-13-2005 12:33 PM

I am about a quater level short of academy standard. I serve well usually, and i serve at about 90mph, but my coach and i both know it could be faster. My toss is good, but it just that i have always had problems getting the toss high enough, because i have a very quick motion.

federer express 02-13-2005 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rex
I am about a quater level short of academy standard. I serve well usually, and i serve at about 90mph, but my coach and i both know it could be faster. My toss is good, but it just that i have always had problems getting the toss high enough, because i have a very quick motion.

toss doesn't need to be high. if u are fully extended then thats high enough. only value in making the toss higher is if u are gonna use your legs and jump into the serve more than at present

Domino 02-13-2005 03:29 PM

If you're that short, I recomment throwing the ball further out. Your natural motion will then snap through the shot.

tennischick 02-13-2005 04:08 PM

www.tennisone.com

adeegee 02-13-2005 04:35 PM

i had a similar thing when i wanted to know how i could get more kick on my second serve....i found the best thing was a dvd set i found, one of them was all about the serve. i cant remember what the guys name was i think it was bob someone he was an american guy (maybe bob larsson??? maybe someone else can help me out with the name) i'd highly recommend it i thought it was very useful