MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   Mardy Fish Message Board (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=231)
-   -   Mardy Fish -- No Strings (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=27802)

paige 02-09-2005 05:36 PM

Mardy Fish -- No Strings

This is from the half-hour Tennis Channel show No Strings, all about Mardy.

Problem is that TTC's signal keeps freezing...

It starts off with Mardy at home with his roommate Kowalczyk (prob totally butchering this). Apparently Mardy tackles him every morning -- more true love knows no gender stuff!

Driving to the tennis club... says "I like to go fast around this one corner when no one is around."

(When it unfreezes, talking about how someone in another country thought his name was weird... not because he has a 'd' in the name but because) "Mardy means mischief."

Coach: He wants to enjoy himself no matter what he's doing. He wants to have fun. That's what people are picking up on. I hope the media will pick up on his personality a little bit more because we need that in tennis. Even in the finals in Cincinnati, he was still continuing to have fun.

Going to work with fitness trainer: A lot of my cuss words coming out now, so maybe you should cut the cameras.

paige 02-09-2005 05:44 PM

Re: Mardy Fish -- No Strings

After break:
Courier with Mardy: There's something I've been trying to figure out. People mag has focused on some young tennis players. James Blake was sexiest athlete, Brian Vahaly was most eligible bachelor... where are you in this equation?

Doing reps outside
Mardy: What a day, huh Pat? Beautiful day.
Pat Etcheberry, fitness trainer: It's a good day to get better.
Mardy: Justine Henin No. 1. All because of Pat Etcheberry.
Mardy: Strength: I don't need strength (flexes muscle). He's so corny. You should have your own reality TV show. Ain't this fun? A lot of fun. A very interesting life.

Balancing on weight on one leg, lifting two hand weights at same time "Sh.. bleep! ... Shoot. Looks at camera sideways...

paige 02-09-2005 05:47 PM

Asks what they did with James Blake when he was in the exercise room...
Mardy: "He doesn't work hard... And he's ugly"
"Now we're done with the worst part of the day. Now we're going to go back to my house... nap a little bit... have a little lunch"

"I'm gonna tell you a little secret now..." shows jersey with "Fishy" on the back... "That's my nickname."

paige 02-09-2005 06:01 PM

Mardy's mom and sis trying out a massage chair at a mall: "We're getting a present for someone who's tired and has everything."

Back at Mardy's pad in Tampa: He's gonna shower!!! ;)
Giving the tour... in the guest bedroom "The fan obviously I didn't pick"... dining room "This is the table where we've only sat one time for Thanksgiving." Mom and sis decorated most of it.

Meanwhile Mom and sis buying hula lamp. Back to tour, in office. "Got my agent here, trying to make me some money." In living room -- pool table and TV... "they're watching MTV's Rich Girls. This is my roommate's room ... as you can see he really cleaned up the place for you guys. The eight-inch big screen TV over there... That's his bathroom, I don't know if you really want to go in there too much.

Room with big-screen TV and surround sound. Blacked out window "you can't really tell if it's noon or midnight which was one of my goals in here." Just moved in a few months ago. Robert thinks he's a carpenter. My thought was for someone to come in and make an outdoor bar... someone who thinks he knows what he's doing. But Robert kind of has this idea... hopefully it's nowhere near done.

We have the hot tub which actually doesn't get hot quite yet. They put a little rock diving board on the pool which is outlined in rocks (looks cool).

To the fridge: "That beer is definitely not mine. That's definitely somebody else's. This is a little bit of a birthday cake I had. We'll give you a little piece of that after lunch." There's an empty beer case in the fridge too. Haha. "You know what I do drink which you should try which is half cranraspberry (Northland) and half ginger ale. That's a good drink."

Bedroom! "One of the reasons I picked this house is that I wanted a master bedroom that had a lot of space" (He got it!) Very comfortable king-sized bed. Showing Lightning "Fishy" jersey.
In shower: Has dual showers, but only uses one. "I swear I'm the only one that's ever showered in there."
In bathroom: Used to have James Blake magazine in bathroom, but he was replaced by a Maxim with Jessica Simpson "She's a lot better looking than you, James."
In garage: black Mercedes he bought recently (as of the show) "I always wanted a Mercedes when he was younger." Story about roommate stealing rocks because he didn't have enough to make what he wants, so he takes them from other houses when they're building things.

Mom testing chair at mall: "Gotta recline if you're Mardy Fish."

paige 02-09-2005 06:12 PM

Clip from behind-the-scenes of Mardy attacking Andy with two bottles of champagne at 2003 ATP at press conference after Roddick became No. 1. Andy "you're such an ass."

Sushi Tsu: Where Mardy and friends go annually for his birthday. "I don't really know the waitress, so I just call her baby or my girl." Robert announces his retirement from the tennis world.

Next day at practice: stealing Harvest candy power bars. "Which one should I go with -- I'm going with both of them."

Wrapup: "I try to keep it in perspective. When it all comes down to it, it's just a tennis match. I know that I'm lucky."

(Shows bicep) "That's why I don't wear sleeveless shirts... right there."

"Well that's it guys. I'm done practicing. I'm done eating lunch. I'm done giving interviews. That's enough. I'm tired of you, I've had enough of you, please leave. Watch your step." (Closes door)

Outtake: "If you ask me why I don't have a celebrity girlfriend... don't do that."

Jennay 02-09-2005 09:19 PM

Grazie, Paige!!!! :kiss:

aceit 02-09-2005 10:08 PM

Thank youuu. :)

paige 02-09-2005 10:15 PM

You're so welcome Lauren and Jen.
My pleasure... I really enjoyed this special.

Deboogle!. 02-10-2005 12:36 AM

I think it is about a year old, just to give you some context. It's several months, at least.

Anyway, THANKS! :kiss:

aceit 02-10-2005 12:48 AM

Deb, I came home at like 2:45 and I was searching around and saw that you put up a new icon (red x) and I finally see it now and I love it. So cute! :p

paige 02-10-2005 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Debstah
I think it is about a year old, just to give you some context. It's several months, at least.

Anyway, THANKS! :kiss:

I don't know his birthday, but it was obviously then, cause of the "party" and the shopping.

And of course he has the 'tail!

snaillyyy 02-10-2005 01:05 AM

Paige thanks so much!! :kiss:

Deboogle!. 02-10-2005 02:07 AM

oh, his birthday is in December I think... hmmm I wonder if it was LAST December like 2003... how long was his hair?

paige 02-10-2005 06:50 AM

I think you have to be right, cause it has a 2004 copyright.
If it was his birthday 2004, he woulda been shorn. (Sorry to bring up such a painful subject, D.)

HEiKE 02-14-2005 09:01 AM

Thanks Paige. I would have loved to see it!!