MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   Fernando Gonzalez Message Board (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=355)
-   -   Los Feñaticos (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=27643)

User ID 4783 02-08-2005 10:43 AM

Los Feñaticos

Hi all :)

I thought it's the right time for a decent Gonzo chat thread now that there are quite a lot of people who visit this forum, and Fernando deserves a chat thread just like all the other players who have one.

So, feel free to say what's on your mind ;)

Fergie 02-08-2005 12:38 PM

Re: The "Smashing Forehand" Chat Thread!

Great idea ... and I love the title :lol:

What you think about the Zabaleta's words? ... He said that Gonzalez is afraid of playing in Argentina with the crowd against :rolleyes:

Peoples 02-08-2005 04:05 PM

It's a little bit out of context, here's the full article below.
What I can't understand is how can Gonzalez actually encourage bad crowd behaviour? What can he do to generate hostility? He's just playing his game on court. So Mariano's statements don't make sense.
But if it's true that Zabaleta's people were insulted, it's a bad thing. I hate it when tennis audiences can't behave, like in Spain's Davis Cup. It's the wrong sport for them. But Fernando has nothing to do with this.

-----------
BUENOS AIRES, Feb 8 (Reuters) - Argentine Mariano Zabaleta has accused Chile's Fernando Gonzalez of encouraging bad crowd behaviour in the BellSouth Open in Vina del Mar last week.

"He broke the codes of tennis, because you can't do what he did," Zabaleta told the Argentine news agency Telam.

"There's no need to generate violence or the resentment of the public against a visitor to win a match."

Gonzalez, men's Olympic doubles gold medallist, beat Zabaleta in front of a partisan crowd in the quarter-finals of the tournament.

Zabaleta, who is seeded eighth for this week's ATP event in Buenos Aires, said the Chilean public had been disrespectful and insulted him.

"(They insulted) my coach, my physiotherapist and a friend of mine," said Zabaleta, who played in the 2001 Davis Cup tie in Chile which was suspended because of crowd trouble.

"These things don't happen in Argentina, people encourage the home players but without disrespecting the visiting player."

"I wanted to play Gonzalez (in Buenos Aires) because we could have met in the quarter-finals, but it appears he can't be bothered if the crowd aren't in his favour," Zabaleta added.

Gonzalez, who lost the BellSouth final to Argentina's French Open champion Gaston Gaudio, has pulled out of Buenos Aires with a thigh muscle strain.

Zabaleta beat Spaniard Alex Calatrava 6-3 6-2 in his first round match on Monday.
-------------

*Ljubica* 02-08-2005 05:51 PM

Hi :wavey: - great title for a thread. Just popping in to say hello from Marseille and hope everyone is well over here in Gonzo-land!

User ID 4783 02-08-2005 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rosie
Hi :wavey: - great title for a thread. Just popping in to say hello from Marseille and hope everyone is well over here in Gonzo-land!

You're in Marseille right now? You're lucky :cool:

Anyway, I think that crowd behavior discussion is a bit exaggerated and I'm getting tired of it :rolleyes:

olimpo 02-08-2005 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rosie

Bon Soir, Rosie! :wavey:

Hope you are having a great time in Marseille :)

olimpo 02-08-2005 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fergie
Great idea ... and I love the title :lol:

What you think about the Zabaleta's words? ... He said that Gonzalez is afraid of playing in Argentina with the crowd against :rolleyes:

:haha: .....that's all I can think of after reading what Zabaleta said. No further comment! ;)

Maybe one thing: why did Zabaleta not say a thing in person to Fernando in Chile? Why did he go back to Argentina first and then accused Fernando via the press ??? Don’t get that :rolleyes: Well I’ve got an idea why, but... :tape:

I'm just glad that Fernando listens to his body and takes a break when he feels the need and this will (hopefully) prevent him from serious injuries.

Fergie 02-08-2005 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Escada
Anyway, I think that crowd behavior discussion is a bit exaggerated and I'm getting tired of it :rolleyes:

I agree completely ... And I was thinking the same Olimpo, why Mariano wait until be in Argentina? :rolleyes:
I'm happy that Feña don't reply him, this is a bad thing for both ;)

Enjoy your time Rosie :wavey:

*Viva Chile* 02-08-2005 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by olimpo
:haha: .....that's all I can think of after reading what Zabaleta said. No further comment! ;)

Maybe one thing: why did Zabaleta not say a thing in person to Fernando in Chile? Why did he go back to Argentina first and then accused Fernando via the press ??? Don’t get that :rolleyes: Well I’ve got an idea why, but... :tape:

I'm just glad that Fernando listens to his body and takes a break when he feels the need and this will (hopefully) prevent him from serious injuries.

Hello people! :wavey:

I agree with you olimpo ;)

Anyone knows if Fernando will goes to Costa du Sauipe, Brasil??... :confused: I think that Fernando had to go to play at an indoor tournament and to forget the latinamerican tour... He will play davis cup in next three weeks in Moscow.

olimpo 02-08-2005 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by *Viva Chile*
Hello people! :wavey:

I agree with you olimpo ;)

Anyone knows if Fernando will goes to Costa du Sauipe, Brasil??... :confused: I think that Fernando had to go to play at an indoor tournament and to forget the latinamerican tour... He will play davis cup in next three weeks in Moscow.

Yes Fernando will play in Brasil. He said he'll rest for 3 days now and leave to Brasil on Saturday. I personally would have loved that he played the Rotterdam indoors instead of Brasil, but he opted for the 3 tournaments in SA. :)

Corinna 02-09-2005 02:26 PM

:wavey:
great thread :yeah: great idea :hug:
rosie, you are so lucky...have fun in france :hug:

Carolinita 02-09-2005 06:44 PM

Hi everybody :wavey:

here there are a news about Feña and Zabaleta, but sorry, it's in spanish, but basically says that Oficial of the ATP acquits Feña and the crowd of Zabaleta's critiques ;)

Tom Barnes
OFICIAL DE LA ATP EXCULPA A GONZÁLEZ Y AL PÚBLICO DE LAS CRÍTICAS DE ZABALETA

El hombre que fue designado para supervisar el certamen de Viña del Mar y también el de Buenos Aires restó importancia a las declaraciones del trasandino. “Todo fue dentro de los rangos de la normalidad. No es un tema y no veo por qué los reclamos”, sostuvo el funcionario.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
La “guerra” verbal que ha mantenido el tenista argentino Mariano Zabaleta contra Fernando González y el público chileno, por sentirse perjudicado en su accionar en el Abierto de la “Ciudad Jardín” de la semana pasada, no paran.
Luego de decir que la raqueta número uno de Chile “rompió los códigos del tenis” y que tuvo “miedo” de jugar en su país, sumó palabras para la hinchada nacional de quien dijo que “le faltó el respeto” a él y su staff técnico.

Tanta alboroto, donde además intervino Horacio de la Peña (“las cosas se hablan de frente y no por la prensa”, sostuvo el Pulga), fue resuelto por la máxima autoridad de la ATP en el certamen viñamarino y que, por estos días, cumple la misma función en el torneo de la capital argentina.

Tom Barnes, supervisor general de ambos campeonatos, consultado por los sucesos que acusa Zabaleta, zanjó la polémica con una breve, pero contundente frase.

“Puedo decir que todo fue dentro de los rangos de la normalidad. No es un tema y no veo por qué los reclamos", dijo el funcionario en declaraciones que reprodujo el diario El Mercurio.

Así las cosas, el ATP de Viña no debería sufrir sanción alguna por el comportamiento de sus hinchas. Lo del “Bombardero” y Zabaleta quedará, supuestamente, para lo zanjen personalmente en Costa do Saíupe, torneo que disputarán la próxima semana en Brasil.

Fergie 02-09-2005 07:59 PM

Great, time to Zabaleta to shut his mouth :devil: ... Or better, that Feña defeat him again :angel:

User ID 4783 02-09-2005 08:05 PM

Right Fergie, Zabaleta should have given an answer on the court, not in the media :( guess he was just frustrated because he lost.

Gonzo Hates Me! 02-11-2005 07:29 AM

hi everyone :) I've missed so much regarding Fena's latest results. I'm a horrible fan! But I am actually busy with school (got to get my grades up :o) ...so, I am just really excited to find that he is keeping up his good results!!!

Zabaleta, :bigcry: