MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   General Messages (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Barcelona SF: Nadal roasts Raonic 6-4 6-0 (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=259866)

GSMnadal 04-27-2013 04:53 PM

Barcelona SF: Nadal roasts Raonic 6-4 6-0

B-A-G-E-L for the servebot :bowdown:

That second set was just, wowowowow.

King of Clay.

:cheerleader:

His final streak continues. Did he outace Raonic as well?

Certinfy 04-27-2013 04:54 PM

Re: Barcelona SF: Nadal roasts Raonic 6-4 6-0

Really bad performance from Raonic.

Nadal on the otherhand was great, would definitely say that's the best I've seen him play since his comeback.

Doubt Raonic playing well would have kept this very tight, but it would have been nice to see.

ProdigyEng 04-27-2013 04:55 PM

Nadal has risen.

Ben D. 04-27-2013 04:55 PM

everything as intended...

emotion 04-27-2013 04:56 PM

Never seen Raonic that bad. Where was his serve?

BroTree123 04-27-2013 04:56 PM

Just too good. Not a lot that Raonic could do. If Raonic was playing bad, it was because he was pretty much discouraged with how well Nadal played. He gave it his all in the opening set, then looked gassed in the 2nd.

RagingLamb 04-27-2013 04:56 PM

Nadal woke up after the 0-2 start in the first. Raonic played hard but simply ran out of gas starting in the 2nd.

R0B1S 04-27-2013 04:56 PM

disgusting serve bot bageled. great result.

dencod16 04-27-2013 04:56 PM

Uhmmm... I thought Raonic would give Nadal trouble according to posters here...
LOL... Monaco-Nadal bagel streak continues...

Han Solo 04-27-2013 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GSMnadal (Post 14890210)
B-A-G-E-L for the servebot :bowdown:

That second set was just, wowowowow.

King of Clay.

:cheerleader:

His final streak continues. Did he outace Raonic as well?

Just watched the second set, but yeah - Nadal was hitting really well from the back of the court both DTL and cross-court, and of course Raonic and lateral movement aren't the best of bed fellows.

Amazing record Nadal has had since his seven-month absence.

Imperfect Angel 04-27-2013 04:57 PM

Didn't know Raonic plays on clay.:lol: these taller guys won't do anything on clay, Isner, Cilic, Berdych etc. all are same, unless on clay.:p

Blue Heart24 04-27-2013 04:57 PM

After a good first set I didn't expect Raonic to disappear,terrible :facepalm:

polarisgalaxy 04-27-2013 04:58 PM

I don't think anyone is surprised Milos lost he obviously tried his game plan but it was the poor execution as the commentators said. I think it is really easy for arm chair critics to attack Milos when clay isn't even his favorite surface. Unlike most North American players Milos can play on clay.

Milos had a good week, this is a positive step forward he beat some good clay court players this week. He does need to continue improving on his movement he's never going to be the fastest player. And Nadal did expose Milos movement in this match especially by hitting low balls to him and pushing him to go to the net.

There is no shame losing to the seven time French Open champion. I do think Milos needs to improve somethings. First, Milos tactics became a bit predictable hit a powerful shot and come to net. The problem is, Nadal is good with his passing shots. I think Milos really needs to improve his backhand. The backhand was a huge hole in this match instead of always running around the forehand to hit shots if he improved the backhand and could hit winners off it will help him in the long run.

The volleys at times were predictable hitting into the open space, instead of trying to hit behind Nadal that's where he can improve. Nadal loves to run, but hitting the ball behind him could of helped.

The game plan was good though coming to the net and it worked when he broke Nadal to go up 2-0. It was the game when Milos had a chance to make it 3-0 where he made some mistakes on some volleys and shots that hurt him. I think Milos last shot was when he lead Nadal 3-2 and it was 30-30 and Nadal got mad about the time warning from the chair umpire. He just needs to be a bit more proficient and consistent on the big points that game was very important.

In the second set Nadal just pulled away and he figured out Milos game plan. I do believe though that this was still a positive week for Milos reaching the semifinals of a 500 ATP clay court event for the second year in the row. He defended his points. Hopefully Milos can learn from this experience. I think he got tired in the second set and playing a lot of tennis from yesterday caught up to him.

Certinfy 04-27-2013 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Imperfect Angel (Post 14890370)
Didn't know Raonic plays on clay.:lol: these taller guys won't do anything on clay, Isner, Cilic, Berdych etc. all are same, unless on clay.:p

On clay Berdych has several titles, many masters semis, a masters final and a Roland Garros semi. :scratch:

Wing Man Frank 04-27-2013 04:59 PM

Wonder what excuses the Raonic tards will use.

Always nice to see Nadal take out servebot trash.