MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   Mardy Fish Message Board (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=231)
-   -   The Fish Down Under! (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=24773)

tangerine_dream 01-14-2005 12:52 AM

The Fish Down Under!

Hopefully this time Mardy won't be squashed into a vegemite sandwich by the second round. ;)

Gaston Gaudio ARG (10) vs. Justin Gimelstob USA
Juan Monaco ARG vs. Mardy Fish USA

GOOD LUCK IN OZ, MARDY! :banana:

Deboogle!. 01-14-2005 01:08 AM

Re: The Fish Down Under!

Considering Gaudio's uselessness on hardcourts, Mardy seriously should make the third round, but it's Mardy :o:o:o

aceit 01-14-2005 01:34 AM

I can't wait! LETS GO MARDY LETS GO *clap clap clap*. Wow, I'm so excited for the AO! :D

liptea 01-14-2005 02:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Debstah
Considering Gaudio's uselessness on hardcourts, Mardy seriously should make the third round, but it's Mardy :o:o:o

Mardy's unexpected. He's just as likely to reach the quarters as he is to lose in the first round.

I hope Mardy does well. At least we can be sure of watching him on TV in America :bounce:.

I'm feeling a bit better today. Thanks for all the support, guys. :hug:

Deboogle!. 01-14-2005 03:01 AM

Mardy isn't generally given TV preference in the US. It's not too often we get to see his matches :(

He IS unexpected, that's true, but his slam performances are pretty predictable, actually. He's never made it past the third round, ever :o:o:o:o

glad you are feeling better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hug:

liptea 01-14-2005 04:35 AM

ahh, I hope that they put Gaudio vs. Fish on ESPN.

I love Andy, but I think Mardy is far better looking. A lot of people might disagree, but I'd rather watch Mardy.

Life's improving, it just makes me feel bad to see him with another girl sometimes. Doesn't help that I go to boarding school and have to see him ALL the freakin' time. :sad:

Deboogle!. 01-14-2005 04:41 AM

Mardy is MUCH better looking. But Andy is less annoying to be a fan of :p Plus Andy doesn't seem to be soft in the belly anymore but Mardy still is :o:o:o:o

awwwwwwwwwwwwww :hug: :hug: :hug: He SUCKS! He's not good enough for you!!!!!

snaillyyy 01-14-2005 04:46 AM

I really hope Mardy does well!!! it is time for him to make it through a few more matches.

Glad you are feeling better Liptea :hug: you are so much better than he is..

liptea 01-14-2005 05:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Debstah
Mardy is MUCH better looking. But Andy is less annoying to be a fan of :p Plus Andy doesn't seem to be soft in the belly anymore but Mardy still is :o:o:o:o

awwwwwwwwwwwwww :hug: :hug: :hug: He SUCKS! He's not good enough for you!!!!!

It's just...can you imagine Mardy and Andy growing up together and Mardy getting all the girls? And then, suddenly, Andy's the one in magazine spreads?

Mardy is much better looking. But I generally feel like I can rely on Andy to win. And, after that Olympics loss, I worry every time Mardy takes the court.:rolleyes: But that'll come with more match play, he was injured a good bit last year.

Éowyn 01-14-2005 05:45 AM

It's not a bad draw for mardy actually :) but could get haas in 3rnd if he makes it that far lols

Aleksa's Laydee 01-14-2005 06:14 AM

Not bad draw i agree

Come on mardy dont stuff it up please!

Aleksa's Laydee 01-14-2005 06:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liptea
I love Andy, but I think Mardy is far better looking. A lot of people might disagree, but I'd rather watch Mardy.

Me too...I'd watch Mardy anyday :D

liptea 01-14-2005 06:17 AM

I'd rather watch Mardy's game too, that backhand is very, very pretty. When it's consistent...(always the disclaimer)

Deboogle!. 01-14-2005 02:34 PM

I think Andy's very good-looking, but Mardy's more of the type that I personally prefer - I've seen them both pretty up close in person - they just look different. Andy's more of the all-American handsome jock with the square jaw and nice smile and stuff where Mardy's more ummm... I dunno how to describe him LMAO! Maybe... I think Andy's handsome, but I think Mardy's GORGEOUS ... does that helo? :lol:

But tennis-wise I prefer Andy a little. and call me selfish but my top fave player just can't be someone who can barely win or who is SO totally unpredictable you never know what will happen lol. That's why I bow to all the Marat fans - I don't know how they do it LOL! Mardy's got so much to work on and it just doesn't seem like he's doing it yet. And that's frustrating and it keeps him from being a really really top fave of mine. But I know he can do it, that's why I stick around at all.

He has yet another chance with a semi-decent draw at AO. He's GOT TO take advantage of it!

Golfnduck 01-14-2005 06:43 PM

COME ON MARDY!!!! LET'S GET TO THE QUARTERS!!!!!