MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   Joachim Johansson Message Board (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   Jaslyn's Thread :) (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=24754)

Canuck_Chick 01-14-2005 12:01 AM

Jaslyn's Thread :)

Well, I think it's time to make a thread for Jaslyn since she's Pim Pim's girlfriend. She seems really nice and :cool:. Anywhoo, we can post any news of her here.

Right now she's in the second round of the Australian Open Qualifying tourney. In the first round she beat Dominika Nociarova 7-5 5-7 6-2. Next up is Elena Baltacha.

:bounce:

Canuck_Chick 01-14-2005 12:02 AM

Re: Jaslyn's Thread :)

Jaslyn left out in cold
By Leo Schlink
January 12, 2005

AUSTRALIAN Open organisers last night threw a lifeline to Chris Guccione and Todd Reid, ushering the pair into the centenary main draw with wildcards.

But there was controversy when Jaslyn Hewitt was overlooked by selectors despite being ranked higher than Monique Adamczak, who was spirited into Monday's multi-million tournament.

Hewitt, younger sister of dual world champion Lleyton Hewitt, is ranked higher than Adamczak - 346th to 360th - and holds a winning record against her.

Jaslyn Hewitt was devastated on being told by national coach Peter McGraw the decision was based on rankings, results, matches played and attitude.

Last week she held a service break over Czech world No.46 Klara Koykalova in the third set.

Tennis Australia sources were adamant her omission was unrelated to her brother's criticism of the Open's court speed.

Sharon 01-14-2005 12:11 AM

egh... i just checked the site and jaslyn lost her singles match 2nd rd qualies 6-2 6-0...
maybe someone will withdraw and she can get a LL/WC??

Iza 01-14-2005 12:12 AM

poor Jaslyn :sad:

Aleksa's Laydee 01-14-2005 07:03 AM

ELENA :D:D *excuse me*

Ashie_87 01-14-2005 07:37 AM

:eek: that sucks that she got overlooked!!!:ras: ..but she did well in the first round qualifying:woohoo:

gogo_guga 01-14-2005 09:12 PM

Jaslyn Hewitt was devastated on being told by national coach Peter McGraw the decision was based on rankings, results, matches played and attitude.

Does Jaslyn have an attitude problem??

Aleksa's Laydee 01-14-2005 09:23 PM

:lol: i wouldnt put it past her :o

Sharon 01-15-2005 02:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gogo_guga

Does Jaslyn have an attitude problem??

apparently according to the article, she does have better results and rankings so maybe its matches played??? if not, then its um... attitude :unsure:

tennis mania 01-16-2005 03:40 AM

jaslyn dont have any problem on her attitude.. i've known jaslyn for a lona long time...

its because of the matches she played..

Kristen 01-16-2005 10:08 AM

lol you guys... www.tennisaustralia.com you can see how many players are ranked above jaslyn... but I think she's on the rise. She's got the right attitude to do well :) She's not quite as quiet as some swedes on court though! :D

gogo_guga 01-16-2005 02:07 PM

Have you guys seen the Pim Pim+Jaslyn interview on the aussie open website??
If not, go check it out right now because it is the cutest thing!!! Jaslyn is such a sweetie. :)

Sharon 01-16-2005 11:09 PM

nice, i'll go check it out now... thanks :)

Ashie_87 01-16-2005 11:31 PM

Where is it on the site? I'm completely lost:o

gogo_guga 01-17-2005 12:50 PM

http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/.../tv/index.html