MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   Monte-Carlo Rolex Masters (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1641)
-   -   Who's Going? (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=239418)

RafaFanLondon 03-07-2013 08:54 PM

Who's Going?

Hello everyone.
Just new to the forum. I was wondering if anyone has been to the Monte Carlo Open in previous years? I will be going for the first time this year for the semis and finals and hoping to get some tips from previous attendees. Are you allowed to bring your own food and drink (within reason)? Any left luggage facilities and what size of bags are allowed in? I've been to Wimbledon and Roland Garros in the past, and a medium sized rucksack with some sandwiches/ snacks and bottles water is usually permitted. What are food prices like at the Monte Carlo Club? I've found RG is ridiculously expensive and Wimbledon moderate-expensive.

Unfortunately not much info from the official website and I don't want to appear like such a hillbilly in such a glamourous venue. I also have to catch an evening flight at Nice Airport after the finals so may need to bring my cabin suitcase to the club. I would appreciate if anyone has any helpful tips (dos and don'ts). Sorry if this message is a bit off topic. Thanks.

Puschkin 03-07-2013 09:17 PM

Re: Early Commitments

Quote:

Originally Posted by RafaFanLondon (Post 13891826)
Hello everyone.
Just new to the forum. I was wondering if anyone has been to the Monte Carlo Open in previous years? I will be going for the first time this year for the semis and finals and hoping to get some tips from previous attendees. Are you allowed to bring your own food and drink (within reason)? Any left luggage facilities and what size of bags are allowed in? I've been to Wimbledon and Roland Garros in the past, and a medium sized rucksack with some sandwiches/ snacks and bottles water is usually permitted. What are food prices like at the Monte Carlo Club? I've found RG is ridiculously expensive and Wimbledon moderate-expensive.

Unfortunately not much info from the official website and I don't want to appear like such a hillbilly in such a glamourous venue. I also have to catch an evening flight at Nice Airport after the finals so may need to bring my cabin suitcase to the club. I would appreciate if anyone has any helpful tips (dos and don'ts). Sorry if this message is a bit off topic. Thanks.

:topic:

First of all congratulations, MC is a great tournament, my favourite in fact. :D SF and final is of course exiting, but most players will be gone, so you miss a very positive aspect of MC, great access to practise courts, though they don't post schedules.

I was there 5 times. Unless they changed the rules from last year, there is no problem with a normal back bag, and bringing your own food and drink (plastic bottles). MC is not cheap. I do not know about the left luggage facilities, as I never paid attention because I had no need for it.

Depending on the weather, it can get quite hot, so sun cream and a hat (if you are sensitive) might be worth considering.

RafaFanLondon 03-08-2013 02:54 PM

Re: Early Commitments

Many thanks for the advice and info Puschkin :)

Crocodile 04-14-2013 09:09 PM

Re: Who's Going?

Don't think there is any left luggage facilities exepted in the vip village unfortunately. I suggest you to let your suitcase at the hotel and pick it up before going to the airport, traffic is not an issue on Sunday evening here and the final doesnt end late (especially if Rafa is playinp :p ).

For food, same satandards as in Wimby or Roland, ie awful and expensive. Normally your are not allowed to leave the country club and come back.

Enjoy your week end tho, we should have two interesting semis if Nole dont pull out.

A few pics of today's training session :

Poor Troicki, tough session for him :

Who is returning Richie's serve ? :

Andy hitting with Granollers :

Foot fault.... not counted ! :

Puschkin 04-24-2013 06:21 PM

Re: Who's Going?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crocodile (Post 14634570)
Don't think there is any left luggage facilities exepted

There are, at the entry 2, but this info will be slightly late. :o

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crocodile (Post 14634570)
Who is returning Richie's serve ? :

Berdych! I was there.:p