MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   Nicolas Massu Message Board (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=356)
-   -   Nico News and Articles (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=23622)

Fergie 01-03-2005 11:00 AM

Nico News and Articles

Massu was elected the best sportsman of the year (by all the chilean sportsmen)

A hundred of national sportsmen, of all the disciplines, chose almost for unanimity Nicolás Massú as the best of 2004 in the survey realized by La Tercera. The success of the vińamarino dragged to the exploit of the Olympic medals of Athens as the sports achievement of the year and to the tennis as the most out-standing discipline. Of 100 voters, only two stopped mentioning the Olympic champion as the best of the year.
The majority emphasized that the achievement of the tennis player was " historical and heroic ". Nicolás Massú, while, he said that is " emotive and nice that my sports partners recognize me fondly. If in Athens I fought very much, it was because I saw the 20 ó 30 friends who were encouraging me and were helping me to go out of the weariness ".

Congrats Nico :bigclap:

Daniel 01-03-2005 11:26 AM

Re: News and Articles

Congrats Massu :)

nice he has his forum now :D :yeah:

Kathy 01-03-2005 05:39 PM

I hope Massu is feeling well and is able to play soon because any tournament he is in is a better tournament. No one, including the only one who would, can walk on the court facing Massu and not know that it could be their final match of that tournament. He is one of the best and I am surprised he has not been in the top ten the last few years. Anyway, I just hope he is able to get back in and do his best.

Oh, the only one who would think "Massu? No problem." is Federer and he would be wrong.

Fergie 01-03-2005 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kathy
Oh, the only one who would think "Massu? No problem." is Federer and he would be wrong.

Massu won the last match that they played ... Nico and Rogi have played 2 matchs (1-1) and both matchs in 3 sets

Nico today did some exams because while he was training felt pain in his right leg, but he is ok an a new injury was discarded ;)

taysbest 01-05-2005 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daniel
Congrats Massu :)

nice he has his forum now :D :yeah:

Yeah! I'm excited for him too. And all of his fans as well! :wavey:

Fergie 01-05-2005 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by taysbest
Yeah! I'm excited for him too. And all of his fans as well! :wavey:

Welcome to Nico forum :hug:

Fergie 01-06-2005 10:25 AM

Nicolas Massu : Baume & Mercier ambassador in Latin America

Chilean tennis player, Nicolas Massu has decided to represent the Swiss watchmaking brand, Baume & Mercier and be its ambassador in the Latin American zone. At 24 years of age, he is currently ranked number 9 player in the ATP tour, and particularly distinguished himself at the 2004 Olympic Games in Athens, where he won gold medals in the singles and doubles sports events. Perseverance, sacrifice, innovation and perfection are his guiding values. The Baume & Mercier watchmaking house is very proud to be associated with this top-level sportsman.

Congrats Nico, he looks great in the promo pics :angel:

taysbest 01-06-2005 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fergie
Welcome to Nico forum :hug:

Thanks! I'm glad to be here!

Fergie 01-07-2005 06:04 PM

" Massú will not play in Acapulco "

During the last days the environment in the tennis did not have tranquility due to the words about Horace de la Peńa's nationality, nevertheless today there arose a good news that there gave it to know the trainer Patricio Rodríguez.

The coach confirmed that Nicolás Massú will not play the Acapulco tournament and will benefit the preparation of the Davis Cup team with a view to the commitment that he will support before his similar one of Russia.

Rodríguez in addition indicated that the "El Vampiro" had registered in the Mexican tournament "for any contingency ", since the priority continues being the serie for the first round of the World Group of the Davis Cup

Nice choice Nico :yeah:

*Ljubica* 01-08-2005 11:10 AM

Nico will start his 2005 campaign next week in the Kooyong Classic Exhibition tournament which starts on Wednesday January 12th in Melbourne. Here is a link to the tournament web-site:-

http://www.kooyongltc.asn.au/

Fergie 01-08-2005 11:42 AM

Thanks Rosie for the info ;) ... A lot of great players there, good luck Nico :yeah:

Estefania_coriafan 01-08-2005 06:48 PM

Nico's own forum!!! I'm so exciting!!!!:aparty:
This is a picture from Baume & Mercier

taysbest 01-09-2005 02:26 PM

Thanks for the link Rosie- looks like it's going to be a great tournament- loads of good players.....
And thanks for the pic Estefania....Nico cleans up well!

SuperRevelation 01-09-2005 06:11 PM

Thanks for the articles :). Good luck Massu in Kooyong!

+alonso 01-10-2005 01:59 PM

jajajaj Muy buen foro
Vamos Nico !!!