MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   Nicolas Kiefer (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=254)
-   -   KIWI at Next Generation Hardcourts (Adelaide) (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=23496)

knight_ley 01-02-2005 12:34 AM

KIWI at Next Generation Hardcourts (Adelaide)

:wavey: Thought maybe we should have a new thread for scores and pictures and all that! So let me start off by giving you guys the draws in case you haven't seen them yet :)

Here is his singles draw...

Here is the doubles draw (He is playing with Radek Stepanek)

Good Luck Kiwi !!! :worship:

kfh_9118 01-02-2005 01:54 AM

Re: KIWI at Next Generation Hardcourts (Adelaide)

Good luck Nicolas :bounce:

kiwiteami 01-02-2005 02:29 AM

Just one question..why Stepanek? Is he any good in doubles?

knight_ley 01-02-2005 02:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kiwiteami
Just one question..why Stepanek? Is he any good in doubles?

Yes he is actually. I was reading about him on the NGH website, and he's won 9 doubles titles, 0 singles. So he is good in doubles :)

RodFan08 01-02-2005 03:57 AM

Good Luck Nico. I was wondered why he' was playing with Stapanek too. But if he's a good doubles player then that's obviously a plus. Have they ever played together before, or is this a brand new partnership?

JMG 01-02-2005 05:23 AM

I think he has even won a major title in doubles with Jiri Novak.

Fee 01-02-2005 06:28 AM

Sometimes the guys don't find their doubles partner until they get to the tournament. They usually have to find someone whose ranking is low enough to make the cutoff for that particular tournament. Singles players can use their Singles rankings to get in, so add Nic's current Singles ranking and Radek's singles or doubles ranking (whichever is better) and that could be how they were put together. Sometimes the guys just tell the tournament desk they want to play and they pair up the teams to fit the maximum number of people in.

kfh_9118 01-02-2005 10:35 AM

Radek is not a bad choice. I saw him playing double before, and he is a good double player. I am sure they will do well here.

Go Kiwi/Radek :)

Neely 01-03-2005 12:27 PM

N Kiefer (GER) leads Schalken (NED) 6-2 2-1 (40/30*) rain delay

damn the rain delay right at break point! :smash:
but it's Schalken's pressure now to hold serve at this score and not the other way

Kiwi rocked him right 6-2 in the first set! :banana:

I hope he gets the 2nd set also when it is played ;)

knight_ley 01-03-2005 12:33 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Neely
N Kiefer (GER) leads Schalken (NED) 6-2 2-1 (40/30*) rain delay

damn the rain delay right at break point! :smash:
but it's Schalken's pressure now to hold serve at this score and not the other way

Kiwi rocked him right 6-2 in the first set! :banana:

I hope he gets the 2nd set also when it is played ;)

Yay!!!! :banana:

Here are the only pictures I have found so far :) I'll post more when I find them. Looks like his new sponser is.................... a little square?!

Go Kiwi!!!!! :bounce:

Neely 01-03-2005 01:35 PM

first round successfully finished!!! :woohoo:

I'm happy! :) :D

Kiefer wins 6-2 4-6 6-3 against Schalken! :yeah:

knight_ley 01-03-2005 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neely
first round successfully finished!!! :woohoo:

I'm happy! :) :D

Kiefer wins 6-2 4-6 6-3 against Schalken! :yeah:

:woohoo:

:banana:

knight_ley 01-03-2005 03:43 PM

2 articles about Kiwi's win :)

FOXSports.com
Quote:

Kiefer wins rain-delayed match in Australia

ADELAIDE, Australia (AP) - Third-seeded Nicolas Kiefer of Germany beat Sjeng Schalken of the Netherlands 6-2, 4-6, 6-3 Monday in a match twice interrupted by rain at the Australian men's hardcourt tennis championships at Memorial Drive.

In another match, Kiefer's countryman Florian Mayer beat Australian Wayne Arthurs 6-4, 3-6, 7-5. Arthurs lost his composure after being on the wrong end of a close line call and allowed Mayer to easily win the final three points of the match.
Arthurs left the court glaring and swearing at the linesman.

"It's not a nice way to lose a match after two hours out there," said Arthurs. "I'm not blaming that particular point. . . yeah I am a little bit."

Mayer broke serve twice and led 4-0 in the first set. The second set was even until Arthurs broke Mayer's serve and led 5-3, and two consecutive aces gave Arthurs the second set.

Mayer will play Sweden's Thomas Enqvist in the second round.

In earlier singles matches, Cyril Saulnier of France and Enqvist had straight-set victories.

Saulnier beat South Australian wild card Paul Baccanello 6-2, 7-6 (3), clinching the match after a rain delay late in the second set. Enqvist, a former winner here, beat Raemon Sluiter of the Netherlands 6-3, 6-1.

Top-seeded Lleyton Hewitt of Australia plays his first-round match Tuesday against Arnaud Clement of France.

&

SportingLife.com
Quote:

KIEFER ENJOYS WINNING START

Third seed Nicolas Kiefer made a solid start to his 2005 season with a three-set victory over Sjeng Schalken at the Next Generation Clubs Men's Hardcourts in Adelaide.

The veteran German dropped his opening service game but stormed back to win the next eight games on his way to a 6-2 4-6 6-3 success.

Florian Mayer - seeded seventh - survived 17 aces from opponent Wayne Arthurs to book his place in the second round with a hard-fought 6-4 3-6 7-5 victory.

The German clinched the match in the final game of the third set with just his second break of serve.

Number eight seed Jurgen Melzer outlasted Tomas Berdych in three sets, 6-4 4-6 6-3, while Olivier Rochus came from a set down to advance with a 3-6 6-3 6-1 win over Antony Dupuis.

The 1999 Adelaide champion Thomas Enqvist made a convincing start to the new season by breaking serve four times during his 6-3 6-1 victory over Raemon Sluiter.

In the day's only other match, Frenchman Cyril Saulnier downed Adelaide's own Paul Baccanello 6-2 7-6 (7-3).

Top seed Lleyton Hewitt will begin his season on Tuesday when he takes on qualifier Arnaud Clement.

RodFan08 01-03-2005 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by simpleternity
Yay!!!! :banana:

Here are the only pictures I have found so far :) I'll post more when I find them. Looks like his new sponser is.................... a little square?!

Go Kiwi!!!!! :bounce:

Hey simpleternity,

Can u do me a favor and post them in the pics in the Next Generation Hardcourts (Adelaide) Pics I made last night. Only cause It's just a waste of a thread, that I made, u know. I'll post the ones I find there to, if u don't mind?

Great win Nico!!:)

knight_ley 01-03-2005 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RodFan08
Hey simpleternity,

Can u do me a favor and post them in the pics in the Next Generation Hardcourts (Adelaide) Pics I made last night. Only cause It's just a waste of a thread, that I mad, u know

um... i guess i can post them over there too... this thread was supposed to be for both pictures and news... so i posted them here for that reason... :confused: