MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   Mardy Fish Message Board (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=231)
-   -   Mardy in '05 (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=23070)

Deboogle!. 12-20-2004 02:08 PM

Mardy in '05

his site put his early 2005 schedule up :)

Jan 10 - 16 Medibank Private International Sydney, Australia
Jan 17 - 30 Australian Open Melbourne, Australia
Feb 7 - 13 Siebel Open San Jose, CA
Feb 14 - 20 Kroger St. Jude Tennis Classic Memphis, TN
Mar 7 - 20 Pacific Life Open Indian Wells, CA
Mar 21 - Apr 3 NASDAQ-100 Open Miami, FL
Apr 11 - 17 Tennis Masters Monte-Carlo Monte Carlo, Monaco
Apr 18 - 24 U.S. Men's Claycourt Championships Houston, TX
May 2 - 8 Telecom Italia Masters Rome, Italy
May 9 - 15 Masters Series Hamburg Hamburg, Germany
May 23 - June 5 Roland Garros Paris, France
June 6 - 12 Stella Artois Championships London, England
June 20 - July 3 The Wimbledon Championships London, England

ataptc 12-20-2004 03:02 PM

Re: Mardy in '05

hope he has a better year with Todd :)

Jennay 12-20-2004 07:21 PM

Where the crap is Delray Beach :fiery: :fiery:

Deboogle!. 12-20-2004 07:41 PM

I dunno Jen, I saw that and thought of you immediately :(:(:(

Golfnduck 12-20-2004 08:12 PM

At least he is playing in some European Clay events. Hopefully Todd will kick his butt into gear.

aceit 12-20-2004 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Golfnduck
At least he is playing in some European Clay events. Hopefully Todd will kick his butt into gear.

I hope so too! I really hope that Mardy can break into the top 10 this year. I can tell it will be tough, but I'm sure he can. Or atleast in 06. :)

GOOO MARDY. :worship: BTW - thanks for the schedule.

Deboogle!. 12-20-2004 09:23 PM

Well he was scheduled to play the three masters on clay last year too, but that's when he started his hip problem.

I see he's playing Houston. I am concerned that the Americans are still playing this event. I know they kind of have to and I know that Mack probably pays them well to play it, but it is disappointing, they need to be playing in Europe with the real clay-courters or they won't ever improve.

aceit 12-20-2004 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Debstah
I see he's playing Houston. I am concerned that the Americans are still playing this event. I know they kind of have to and I know that Mack probably pays them well to play it, but it is disappointing, they need to be playing in Europe with the real clay-courters or they won't ever improve.

Good point. That is true, but the Americans right now aren't real good on that surface anyway. I'm sure that they all want to improve and have a better clay court record, but it's dosen't seem to be a big goal of theirs. Hardcourts are def. first priority. But I do agree that they need to play in Europe to get better.

Deboogle!. 12-20-2004 10:05 PM

yeah....but Houston IS on clay, it just draws very weak clay-courters (mostly Americans and a few others). Plus it requires going to Monte Carlo, then going back overseas to Houston then immediately back overseas again. That is ridiculous.

rue 12-21-2004 02:50 AM

I think that it will be a much better year for him. He is way too talented to do any worse than he did this year. I think that Todd Martin is going to really help him improve alot.

Deboogle!. 12-21-2004 02:59 AM

I read that Todd won't actually be traveling with him - the coach who will actually travel with him will be doubles player Scott Humphries. Not the most successful doubles player, but perhaps he's an excellent coach :awww:

smucav 12-21-2004 04:25 AM

Quote:

I read that Todd won't actually be traveling with him - the coach who will actually travel with him will be doubles player Scott Humphries. Not the most successful doubles player, but perhaps he's an excellent coach :awww:

Todd didn't want to go on the road; that's one of the reasons he retired.

Scott Humphries was recently a hitting partner/traveling coach for Jennifer Capriati.

Golfnduck 12-21-2004 03:55 PM

Hmmmm, hopefully Todd will at least be there for the majors. That is when Mardy's head royally gets messed up.

Aleksa's Laydee 12-21-2004 05:33 PM

ok...1 word... QUEENS!!!!!!!!!! ahhhhhhhh :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: FAB CHOICE MARDY!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Jennay 12-22-2004 07:40 PM

Quote:

I dunno Jen, I saw that and thought of you immediately :(:(:(

:bigcry: