MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   Rest Of The World (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=122)
-   -   South Africans (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=22842)

ae wowww 12-14-2004 03:43 PM

South Africans
 
A place for SA Tennis supporters!

Kristen 12-17-2004 06:49 AM

Re: South Africans
 
I'm not South African, but I have dated a couple of them. They're quite sweet natured and good looking :yeah:

As for tennis players, I was a Wayne fan, and there are a couple of Zimbabwean players I like (close to being Seth Efricken?) :) de Jager is a pretty good sort http://www.jldejager.co.za/

WaynesWorld 12-17-2004 12:26 PM

Re: South Africans
 
Well, as youīve probably seen already, Wayne is/was my absolute favorite!!!! :worship: But I also like Marcos Ondruska, David Adams and Robbie Koenig. The other ones I havenīt really met yet, so I canīt say anything about them.

ae wowww 12-23-2004 10:29 AM

Re: South Africans
 
Yeah, all the ones I have met are legends: Koenig, De Jaeger (met him in Wimby changing rooms, watched Tim vs Flip together), Coetzee, and Wakefield... All sooooo nice, and friendly!
Waynes world, where are all your compatriots?!

WaynesWorld 12-26-2004 11:04 AM

Re: South Africans
 
I have no idea what Marcos and David are doing now. Marcos did play a couple of challengers in 2002 but I havenīt heard anything about him for a long time now :confused: I also havenīt heard that David retired officially...I just didnīt see him anymore suddenly :confused:

Yonge 01-23-2005 03:29 AM

Re: South Africans
 
I'm a fan of Wayne Black! Met him in Toronto last year and he's great. He was walking around, no one was recognizing him (or so it seemed) so I approached him and said hi. He also posed for photos. Great guy.

ae wowww 01-29-2005 09:23 PM

Re: South Africans
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Yonge
I'm a fan of Wayne Black! Met him in Toronto last year and he's great. He was walking around, no one was recognizing him (or so it seemed) so I approached him and said hi. He also posed for photos. Great guy.

Totally... Pint sized legend, just won AO dubs...hats off Wayney

JMG 02-01-2005 07:47 PM

Re: South Africans
 
:eek:Wayne Ferreira will probably play in Daviscup against Germany, but I thinkit won't help them.;)

WaynesWorld 02-01-2005 09:45 PM

Re: South Africans
 
Would be great to see Wayne at the Daviscup-Tie!!!! :worship:

ae wowww 02-04-2005 07:32 PM

Re: South Africans
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by WaynesWorld
Would be great to see Wayne at the Daviscup-Tie!!!! :worship:

Will you be going?? :D

PaulieM 02-19-2005 07:20 PM

Re: South Africans
 
I'm half south african and i wish there were more south african players. but good luck to those that are out there. :) :wavey:

WaynesWorld 02-19-2005 09:31 PM

Re: South Africans
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ae wowww
Will you be going?? :D


I would LOVE to go!!! But unfortunately South-Africa is a little too far away for me :sad: I wish they would play in Germany ;) But at it will be shown on German TV :)

ae wowww 02-20-2005 07:51 AM

Re: South Africans
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by WaynesWorld
I would LOVE to go!!! But unfortunately South-Africa is a little too far away for me :sad: I wish they would play in Germany ;) But at it will be shown on German TV :)

Oh excuse me, I guessed from the flag you were actually in RSA :yeah: Yeah, if it had been in Germany I probably would have gone, too. It's a shame, but there'll be more... it will be a hard win for sure-but they really need to win to avoid falling even further into even lower DC groups. Who do you think is likely to play?

WaynesWorld 02-27-2005 09:23 PM

Re: South Africans
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ae wowww
Oh excuse me, I guessed from the flag you were actually in RSA :yeah: Yeah, if it had been in Germany I probably would have gone, too. It's a shame, but there'll be more... it will be a hard win for sure-but they really need to win to avoid falling even further into even lower DC groups. Who do you think is likely to play

Well it looks like Wayne and Wesley are going to play the Singles, for Germany probably Kiefer and Haas. It definetely will be very very tough for South-Africa. I think Germany will win 4-1, but you never know ;) We donīt know in what shape Wayne is, after not playing for almost half a year...

ae wowww 02-27-2005 09:37 PM

Re: South Africans
 
Jeff in dubs :D:D


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:36 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.