MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   The Federer Express (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   ♕* Rotterdam 2013 *♕ Roger lost to Bennetteau at the QF (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=227921)

mlrf11 02-08-2013 06:56 PM

♕* Rotterdam 2013 *♕ Roger lost to Bennetteau at the QF

The once I've opened a tournament 3d we won, I hope to bring luck to Roger again ♕.

Roger is the defending champion and he won another time in 2005.
In 2001 he was the runner up and he won it twice in doubles - with Mirnyi in 2001 and with Bjorkman in 2002.

There isn't yet the draw out but the seed #2 is JMDP, One of the possible SF is between #3 Jo-Wilfried Tsonga or #4 Richard Gasquet
I prefer Tsonga to saty in Delpo's half and to reach the final and of course our man has to do it as well and obviously to win it :p:angel:
OK. this is about my dreams. Let's enjoy matches one by one!!!

Here you are some refresh of his 2 singles titles.

GO Roger!!! GOOD LUCK!!!!

Edit: here's the draw.

Roger the Dodger 02-08-2013 07:48 PM

Re: ♕*** Rotterdam 2013 ♕ Let's have glory again ***♕

Hope you keep your slate clean. mlrf :) If he does win it this year, doesn't it make it (unofficially) three in a row?

Go for W, Roger! :bigclap:

Litotes 02-08-2013 08:24 PM

Your first was Cincy, wasn't it? :) Let's hope this turns out as well :)

Go Roger! :cheerleader:

Dodger, yes - he won the last two times he played, 2005 and 2012.

mlrf11 02-08-2013 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Litotes (Post 13391081)
Your first was Cincy, wasn't it? :) Let's hope this turns out as well :)

Go Roger! :cheerleader:

Dodger, yes - he won the last two times he played, 2005 and 2012.

Let me thing....:o:rolleyes: Maybe yes, I thought in me it was IW but it was when I joined the forum. Both nice moments for me, one because I joned here and met very nice people :hug: (one of thereasons is I don't go to the GM :lol:) and the 2ond because he had just won Wimbledon ( a little bit more important than my joining on MTF :rolleyes:) and he won both tournaments.
I remember IW as well often because I have the polo and any time I wear it I thing of when he won it and insead I have the AO 12 one too and when I mange it I think about how he had played the best of all before Nadal :sad:

Now I've ordered the orange too, especially for the colour (I didn't know he would wear it) and it seems he uses it here. In the last days he was given with the blue one. I hope to bring him luck with my purchase :angel:

Litotes 02-08-2013 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlrf11 (Post 13391337)
Let me thing....:o:rolleyes: Maybe yes and IW was when I joined the forum. Both nice moments for me, one because I joned here and the 2ond because he had just won Wimbledon ( a little bit more important than my joinin on MTF :rolleyes:) and he won both tournaments.

You joining here was also important :) At least it was appreciated :)

Btw, I love your sig, but I think you might be the only Fed fan with a "299" there ;) Might I be so bold as to suggest a "302" instead? :)

viruzzz 02-08-2013 10:45 PM

Amazing Luna! :D
Love the thread. COME ON ROGER!!

Like last year, the magic starts here :)

Panthera 02-08-2013 11:49 PM

The best of luck to Roger for this tournament :cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader:

SUKTUEN 02-09-2013 03:07 PM

Allez Roger!!

Fed_Ds 02-09-2013 08:29 PM

Thanks, Luna

Zemlja,Youznhy,Janowicz,Tsonga,DelPotro

Good luck Roger :cheerleader:

Kat_YYZ 02-10-2013 12:10 AM

:bounce: Good luck, Roger! :bounce:

SUKTUEN 02-10-2013 08:39 AM

:worship::worship::worship: Allez !!

duong 02-10-2013 07:56 PM

the order of play for tomorrow is out and Roger is not there, which means that he will start on tuesday (probably at 19.30 local time)

Worst seeds in semi in quarters (Tsonga and Janowicz) but Fedfans are used to that :rolleyes:
Big servers, I hope Fed has worked on his return which has not been very good lately.

at least no Monfils in first round, it's Del Po who has him, tough for his come-back.

Sunset of Age 02-10-2013 11:24 PM

Roger was never expected to be playing a match immediately on Monday, but sure he'll be around about everywhere.

Here's his promotional activities schedule for tomorrow:

2pm: visiting the giant tennis racket on the Hofplein

2.15: hoisting the flags with all the winners from the past 39 years near the Erasmusbrug

4pm: training on court 1

6.40pm: signing session

7.15pm: openings ceremony with Esther Vergeer on the center court.

It would be a bit too much to ask for if he'd also be playing an official match that day. :lol:

alypen 02-10-2013 11:46 PM

Is Esther a big star in the Netherlands? I mean, her unbeaten record puts Roger's to shame :)

Sunset of Age 02-10-2013 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alypen (Post 13432402)
Is Esther a big star in the Netherlands? I mean, her unbeaten record puts Roger's to shame :)

She's a big star to everyone who happens to have any clue about her wheelchair tennis records, which are absolutely unbelievable - if there truly is one undisputable GOAT in tennis, it's her. :worship: ;)
And yep, most Dutchie tennis fans are pretty proud of her.

Esther has done an awesome job in bringing wheelchair tennis to the attention of tons of people who otherwise would never have even given a thought about it.

Funny thing is, last year, I witnessed her pushing a lot of wheelchairs around the venue for her fellow wheelchair tennis players, going virtually unnoticed by the majority of the crowds - quite remarkable for a Tournament Director I think.
She's damn nice! :D