MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   General Messages (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Djokovic: "The same Slams as Edberg and Becker? I got shivers..." (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=224633)

STE...fans 01-31-2013 06:56 PM

Djokovic: "The same Slams as Edberg and Becker? I got shivers..."

Nole: "If I think I've won the same Slams as Edberg and Becker I've got shivers. My target is just to win as much as possible, as long as I can"

Read this interview to Novak Djokovic, new Australian Open champion, from La Gazzetta dello Sport

EliSter 01-31-2013 07:11 PM

Re: Djokovic: "The same Slams as Edberg and Becker? I got shivers..."

Cool :)

SerialKillerToBe 01-31-2013 07:12 PM

" But tennis is much more competitive now than when I arrived, 6-7 years ago, because all are prepared better, train better, eat better."

You got that right, Nole. It's a travesty that Mugerer was able to win so many slams during the weakest era in tennis history, the early to mid 00s.

MaxPower 01-31-2013 07:49 PM

Now if he could just hit a volley like Edberg/Becker we wouldn't have to sit through so many long matches where he and his sacred egg powers grind anyone to dust.

garad 01-31-2013 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hipolymer (Post 13246881)
" But tennis is much more competitive now than when I arrived, 6-7 years ago, because all are prepared better, train better, eat better."

You got that right, Nole. It's a travesty that Mugerer was able to win so many slams during the weakest era in tennis history, the early to mid 00s.

:haha: if you take mid 00s literally, "mugerer" still won 13 GS after this "week era". And after Djokovic won his first slam, this mugerer won 5 more of his, i.e. only 1 less than Djoko in the same period. And this was when he was past his prime with all the tough competition in place, right...

You, sir, are wrong..)

Looner 01-31-2013 08:34 PM

Quote:

:haha:

Serverer 01-31-2013 08:38 PM

Quote:

Abel 01-31-2013 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garad (Post 13247633)
:haha: if you take mid 00s literally, "mugerer" still won 13 GS after this "week era". And after Djokovic won his first slam, this mugerer won 5 more of his, i.e. only 1 less than Djoko in the same period. And this was when he was past his prime with all the tough competition in place, right...

You, sir, are wrong..)

BOOM, head shot.

Han Solo 01-31-2013 08:47 PM

Quote:

yes - you're right. This was a poor thread and needed someone to revitalize it by attempting to reignite the fascinating "weak/strong era" debate. Good work there.

TBkeeper 01-31-2013 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Serverer (Post 13247809)

Hahahaha :haha: The best GIF !

Fishnet 01-31-2013 09:23 PM

Too bad his slams aren't worth half of Edberg's and Becker's.

hadouken! 01-31-2013 09:28 PM

nice he's going to win more

NSMv1924 01-31-2013 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fishnet (Post 13248425)
Too bad his slams aren't worth half of Edberg's and Becker's.

:spit:

stewietennis 01-31-2013 09:43 PM

Does he mean the same number of slams? Or the same slams, as in the AO, Wimby and USO?

Fishnet 01-31-2013 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NSMv1924 (Post 13248633)
:spit:

What a well-built argument.