MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   General Messages (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   How to make tennis highlight videos? (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=224561)

MurrayWizard 01-30-2013 11:08 PM

How to make tennis highlight videos?

I have a YouTube channel set up called DownTheLineHD. I want to put the channel to good use and make tennis highlights of ATP events outside the Slams. I only have the use of iMovie at my disposal as the likes of Adobe After Effects and Final Cut Pro are a little out of my range at the moment. How do YouTubers such as Federerkoora, TheTennisMasters, Rsosa92 etc. make their highlights, and can anyone give me any tips on how to keep it with a consistent flow so its a good watch? Thanks.

Le Master 01-30-2013 11:36 PM

Re: How to make tennis highlight videos?

First you need the actual complete match. If you want to be the first to do it, you need to be able to capture the match on your computer, rather than downloading an already existing one via a torrent or some other way. Typically hardware (not cheap) is needed to get it in HD (for example, this: http://www.amazon.com/AVERMEDIA-AVER...dp/B004VEKS76/). Once you have the raw file of the match, you can use any sort of video editing software (for example, AVS Video Editor) to edit it down to the aces, winners, and interesting points. That part is probably pretty tedious. Then just make sure you output the final product in at least 720p in order for YouTube to consider it HD. I'm extremely grateful for everyone who makes those highlights videos. A lot of work must go into them.

Yves. 01-31-2013 12:14 AM

A first post after 7 years of membership?!

Saberq 01-31-2013 12:34 AM

Lol............

Le Master 01-31-2013 12:42 AM

Was waiting for that one special moment.

Saberq 01-31-2013 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Le Master (Post 13240001)

dude you need to pace youself......next post should be in 2017

asmazif 01-31-2013 09:37 AM

2020, actually. but you've just used two, so... see you in 2027 (with an absolutely epic highlights video no doubt)

Henry Chinaski 01-31-2013 01:10 PM

King Lurk has spoken

Yves. 01-31-2013 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Le Master (Post 13240001)

Were you using your account only to read threads?

ProdigyEng 01-31-2013 01:14 PM

Use Sony Vegas, Premiere Pro, Avid, or Final Cut Pro heck even Windows Movie Maker or iMovie would do. Download the match and cut the best parts together.

I made one highlight video, but I prefer to cap the full matches and upload them to torrent sites.

Auscon 01-31-2013 03:01 PM

I only ever made one video, many moons ago when I was a jobless uni student, with Windows Movie maker.

Limits at the time meant quality of vid got a beating in order to get it up onto youtube - I'm sure they've upped those limits considerably so it might be worth me digging out the full res vid and uploading the better version.

Windows movie maker did the trick just fine, but if I was ever to make another, I don't think I'd be using it again :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wmhbkoj_nYM

abraxas21 01-31-2013 03:57 PM

i'd also be a lurker

given the high quality tennis analysis and interesting player insights given by our fellow forum members, who wouldn't find it interesting to just sit back and learn a bit more about the game?

indianabones 02-01-2013 11:00 AM

Very easy but time consuming to make a higlights reel.

You'd need to be able to also use fade in and fade out or other cross over type effects regularly. I wouldn't recommend it unless you are very patient and like long tedious work, which is what it would be.

Burrow 11-21-2013 11:07 PM

Does anyone know how to solve this problem I have?

I'm trying to make tennis highlight videos yet windows live movie maker says "loading audio data" forever and then crashes.

If there's no solution, which seems to be scarce if there is one, are there any very similar free programmes that are easy to use without watermarks

indianabones 11-22-2013 07:46 AM

What format is the footage you've got? Are you sure your application can read the format your looking at?

By the sounds of it, you really are new to this and need to start off with something much smaller.