MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   General Messages (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   When will Nadal return to the top 4? (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=224409)

MuzzahLovah 01-30-2013 06:58 AM

When will Nadal return to the top 4?

How long can Ferrer hold him at bay?
As Rafa has nearly all the clay points to defend the earliest possible seems WImbledon, where Nadal defends R2 and Ferrer defends a quarter, but that seems like a stretch unless Ferrer misses it or Rafa wins it.

Sri 01-30-2013 07:59 AM

Re: When will Nadal return to the top 4?

Quote:

Originally Posted by MuzzahLovah (Post 13227473)
How long can Ferrer hold him at bay?
As Rafa has nearly all the clay points to defend the earliest possible seems WImbledon, where Nadal defends R2 and Ferrer defends a quarter, but that seems like a stretch unless Ferrer misses it or Rafa wins it.

Depends on the clay season, if Rafa defends it all and is fit to play the hard court season, and does relatively well (better than Ferrer), the should clinch it sometime after USO.

Ivelina_P 01-30-2013 08:01 AM

I voted By Wimbledon because I want it to come truth,but I'm actually not that optimistic anymore given his recent complaints about the knee and his too busy new schedule.:rolleyes:

iriraz 01-30-2013 08:17 AM

It`s tough to say,really.A lot deppends on how well he plays but also on his schedule.When he comes back,he might not play all his scheduled events.After such a big layoff,he doesn`t know how his body will feel after playing 1 or 2 competitive events,so cutting some events of his schedule is always possible.
Also,i doubt his goal is to get back into top 4 right now.For someone who hasn`t played in 6-7 months,it`s about getting into some rhythm and play as well as possible without thinking of rankings and other stuff.

EddieNero 01-30-2013 08:50 AM

Hard to imagine Ferrer saves all of the accumulated points from 2012 while Nadal underperforms so significantly.
Seems like a mtter of months at best.

cveks 01-30-2013 08:59 AM

Never I think. He will stop playing hardcourt and grass and play only clay tournaments .

Mountaindewslave 01-30-2013 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cveks (Post 13228057)
Never I think. He will stop playing hardcourt and grass and play only clay tournaments .

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

ogbg 01-30-2013 09:06 AM

If you look here: http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=224329 you can see that Ferrer is about 3000 points ahead when considering only points gained from the start of RG 2012 until now, so it looks unlikely until after Wimbledon unless Ferrer hardly picks up any points in the next few months.

cveks 01-30-2013 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mountaindewslave (Post 13228105)
:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

I like Nadal, but I dont see how can his knees recover so he can play hardcourts again without pain/problems.

Unfortunately he has too much health issues to get back into best 4 players :(

To be in best 4 you must play all major tournaments - year around.

A Nadal with his health issues simply cannot do that now even Uncle Toni admitted that.

cveks 01-30-2013 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ivelina_P (Post 13227769)
I voted By Wimbledon because I want it to come truth,but I'm actually not that optimistic anymore given his recent complaints about the knee and his too busy new schedule.:rolleyes:

this. I am sad but his recovery process doesnt go good. I wish him all the best.

Federer in 2 01-30-2013 09:54 AM

Uso.

RogerFedererNo1 01-30-2013 09:56 AM

After AO 2014.

come2papa 01-30-2013 10:53 AM

If he doesn't defend his RG title, and it might be a tough task if he gets a sick draw (having to beat top 3 in QF, SF and F) he will stay at number 5 for a while...

BroTree123 01-30-2013 10:54 AM

Probably after Acapulco. But Ferrer will probably take it back again after IW.

Litotes 01-30-2013 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by come2papa (Post 13229129)
If he doesn't defend his RG title, and it might be a tough task if he gets a sick draw (having to beat top 3 in QF, SF and F) he will stay at number 5 for a while...

If he doesn't defend RG, he's not likely to hang onto #5 either. It's not that far down to Berdych and Del Potro.