Mens Tennis Forums banner

AO F : Djokovic beats Murray 6-7(2) 7-6(3) 6-3 6-2

57K views 689 replies 228 participants last post by  Honestly 
#1 ·
AO FINAL:Djokovic outsliced Murray to death 6-7(2) 7-6(3) 6-3 6-2

Congrats to both players on a tactically superb performance!
Nole you mental giant :worship::worship:

#262 ·
Re: AO Final: Djokovic sets Open Era record, def. Murray 6-7(2), 7-6(3), 6-3, 6-2

Trash is taken out. Yup

#263 ·
Re: AO Final: Djokovic sets Open Era record, def. Murray 6-7(2), 7-6(3), 6-3, 6-2

Huge win for Novak!!!

Not a quality match, both was nervous at a start, Novak had 5 break points, and after that his game fall apart, awful TB, bad start of second set, 3 BP for Muzza, on a second BP he had a chance but BH was long...

Feather or not, Murray was menthaly unstable, not believe that he will win that TB. Crucial point was at 4-4 in third, when after long relly Novak pulled off fantastic forhend inside out winner... that energise him, I tell my brother that he will win for sure after that, he draw and smell the blood...rest of the match was walk in the park, great attacking mood and menthal stability...

Career wise, there were all on a table for Novak, if he lose, he will be No.1 without slam, dispute as a player with one great year, player in decline... Muzza would be No.1 in next months, with 2 slams in a row, mature as a slam champion...hard days for Novak in every sense.

But he prove another time he is a big champion, rise from awful start and win a match in a great style.

#265 ·

10 semi finals in a row >>> 3 titles in a row

why isnt that on that wiki thing

#266 ·

LONG LIVE THE KING.

#269 ·

Disappointing result; I was supporting Murray. Still, Djokovic's domination of this slam is impressive and the way he stepped it up in the third set to gain control of the match showed why he's at the top of the rankings right now. It should be interesting to see what happens at the French.

#271 ·

Strange match. The first two sets were devoid of any real drama despite going to tie breaks. It kind of looked like Djkovic was not willing to hang tough on the baseline with Murray like he has done in the past with Murray and Nadal, and instead tried shortening the points, and as a consequence was leaking errors on return.

Then Murray seemed to physically come apart in the third and fourth sets and couldn't hang tough himself, and Djokovic worked him over to a fairly easy victory in the end.

Not an especially high quality match, nor one to remember. The better player on the day won. I think both players might be struggling more physically than is obvious (Murray obviously, but I think Djokovic is not 100% fit either hence the below par performance from both).

#274 ·

I cant wait till Nadal comes back

#278 ·

I cant wait till Nadal comes back
now that fed switched to a two hand bh it should be a lot of fun :lol:

#298 ·

LA La lalal lalal alalalalalalaalallala

CHEERS E'One

Yeah baby.

#286 ·

waiting for Topspindoctor
I'll do it for him ;)

Nole :yeah: Great to see Mandy exposed as fluke one slam wonder that he is. When Nadal comes back, he will stop getting to slam finals :bigwave: USO was biggest fluke since Del Bashtro's USO and Noserer winning RG 2009 :eek:

#285 ·

Yyyyeaaahhhhhh awesome victory Noleee congratulations for your 6th GS title, 3rd AO title and 1st of the year, just too good this tournament :D great play, fight and mental strength:yeah:!!! I'm sooo happy, keep it up champ:worship:!!!!!!!

#287 ·

Congratulations to Djokovic, but just an awfully boring final. :yawn:

The tennis on both the mens and ladies side was of fairly sub standard quality throughout the fortnight in Melbourne, with a few match exceptions. :shrug:

#289 ·

I didn't see the match, so I can not comment on it, but based on what you are saying here it seems like it was a typical Murray-Djokovic match, where they brought each other down level-wise. I'm glad Nole wrote a new page of history today and that it seems that he too has a Slam he can call his fortress. To the Murray fans: chin up. Your guy has come a long way over the past six months and will be in the mix for the next couple of years.

Obligatory troll picture:

And please stop quoting that drawing of Djokovic people.

#290 ·

Don't hold yourself back Jelena, No1e can do it 3 times in a row.:)

#291 ·

The only reasson Murray was close in first 2 sets is cause Novak was Ue'sing left and right...Noles A game > Murrays A game. This year looks very 2011-ish for Novak so far...

#498 ·

THREE IN A ROW!

:worship:
I like how he keeps changing sponsors :lol: Money doesn't lie no matter how many MTF tards would have us believe Fakervic is a fan favorite.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.