Mens Tennis Forums banner

AO F : Djokovic beats Murray 6-7(2) 7-6(3) 6-3 6-2

57K views 689 replies 228 participants last post by  Honestly 
#1 ·
AO FINAL:Djokovic outsliced Murray to death 6-7(2) 7-6(3) 6-3 6-2

Congrats to both players on a tactically superb performance!
Nole you mental giant :worship::worship:

#67 ·
Re: AO 2013 Final: Djokovic champions over Murray 6-7(2), 7-6(3), 6-3, 6-2 [3 IN A RO

I kind of feel for that sapeodmug, guy must be battered

#69 ·
Re: AO Final: Djokovic sets Open Era record, def. Murray 6-7(2), 7-6(3), 6-3, 6-2

Novak :worship:

#71 ·
Re: AO Final: Djokovic sets Open Era record, def. Murray 6-7(2), 7-6(3), 6-3, 6-2

you coulda merged the threads :mad:

not the nicest of matches, and a very small * to this one, because of Andy's obvious problems with a blister or hamstring.

on the other hand, the principal point of interest here is... who was the chick in the box !?

#84 ·

KIA guy's speech :bowdown:

And they've just announced that they will extend their sponsorship for another 5 years... great stuff...

#91 ·

6 slams, same as Edberg and Becker. But somehow I doubt he is in same league in tennis history ... Not yet.
Nole will be in best 5 players ever when his career ends . If he stays healthy.

#89 ·
To Muzzah and his fans;hug;

Nole should've won in 3 tbh,he was abysmal,but manged to turn it around and upped his level from then on:worship:Surprised Muzzak looked tired,apart from his SF match,he wasn't tested at all:shrug:

As for the match,it was dire apart form brilliant shots here and there:facepalm:

#90 ·
Re: AO 2013 Final: Djokovic champions over Murray 6-7(2), 7-6(3), 6-3, 6-2 [3 IN A RO

To Muzzah and his fans;hug;

Nole should've won in 3 tbh,he was abysmal,but manged to turn it around and upped his level from then on:worship:Surprised Muzzak looked tired,apart from his SF match,he wasn't tested at all:shrug:

As for the match,it was dire apart form brilliant shots here and there:facepalm:

#93 ·

Nauseating Result. Roger would have DESTROYED that Mug Djerkobitch if he were the ONE in the Finals today. Roger has too much class to allow someone from the lower classes to win a slam! Mugray, you are a DISGRACE ! You made Roger look the Fool. How could any man in his right mind allow something like that? Huh? Just tell me how that can even happen on this planet!?

28 is STILL Greater than 7.

#100 ·

Nauseating Result. Roger would have DESTROYED that Mug Djerkobitch if he were the ONE in the Finals today. Roger has too much class to allow someone from the lower classes to win a slam! Mugray, you are a DISGRACE ! You made Roger look the Fool. How could any man in his right mind allow something like that? Huh? Just tell me how that can even happen on this planet!?
Yeah. Roger would have destroyed Nole like he did in 2008 and 2011. :rolleyes:

Six straight sets, right?

#96 ·

Congrats to Djokovic for three in a row. His fans should be proud, great for them.

Murray had physical issues and a naughty feather, and couldn't play his best, but shouldn't take away from Djokovic's performance.

Going to be a delicious rivalry over 2013 :yeah:

#104 ·

Congrats to Djokovic for three in a row. His fans should be proud, great for them.

Murray had physical issues and a naughty feather, and couldn't play his best, but shouldn't take away from Djokovic's performance.

Going to be a delicious rivalry over 2013 :yeah:
Yeah that feather was decider.

#97 ·

Awesome display from Novak - king of Australia!
Murray was outstanding for two and a half sets, then ran out of gas.
0-3 in AO finals and 1-5 in GS finals is tough to swallow. But there is more to come.

#180 ·

But he has some of the most delusional fans in sports. Almost as bad as Tebow fans.
honestly the only delusional fans I read in this thread apart from one Murray-fan "rjmartin", are Djokofans (and some usual stupid Fedtards who keep on underrating Murray).

It's great to be happy and I fully understand that after a few disappointments,

but saying that Djokovic outplayed Murray from the moment he really wanted, or that he's a "much better" player, after this match, is completely stupid.

I still think that Djokovic is a better player than Murray, esp. because he's much better on clay, but apart from clay, the difference between them is now really thin imo.

I don't know if it's only because he's hated or if it's something else but I can't believe how underrated Murray still is :confused:

#105 ·

Great match from Djokovic. Was much better player today. Murray was in match till was aggressive, when they entered second breaker it was visible from the plane how Murray is hitting the ball a way too passive to beat Nole today . Murray's serve :help: . If he had been serving like that in semis he wouldn't have seen the finals anyway.

#107 ·

Thank you Nole, we've made it to 6. :dance: :hug:

I love Andy and obviously I love Nole even more, but this was terrible overall. And as much as I really wish they come to dominate tennis now, the thought of these two playing a lot of finals in the future scares me. Come back Rafa :kiss:

#108 ·

Ugly match.Nole looked lost for almost 3 sets, nothing was working bar his serve (the ues count is :eek: ).great mental strengh to take the tb of 2nd set tho, and overall to win this match while not playing his best.
Dunno what to say on Andy.He did well to take advantage of Novak's abysmal play til the 2nd tb but then he f*cked up.More than anything it's his failure to kill the match when he could that lost him the match, not the blister

anyway, 3 in a row, AO GOAT :cool:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.