MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   Fernando Verdasco (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=274)
-   -   ~~The Fer Rocks DAVIS CUP cheering thread~~ (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=22123)

~EMiLiTA~ 11-26-2004 12:24 PM

~~The Fer Rocks DAVIS CUP cheering thread~~

a little snippet of DC news: (English at bottom)

“Hemos decidido que vengan también Feliciano López y Fernando Verdasco”, confirmó Avendaño, uno de los miembros del trío de capitanes que completan Josep Perlas y Jordi Arrese.

“Queremos que también estén en Sevilla y que en caso de algún contratiempo puedan ser un recambio”.

"We've decided that Feliciano López and Fernando Verdasco should come too" said Avedaño, one of the members of the trio of captains, the other 2 being Josep Perlas and Jordi Arrese

"We want them to be in Seville too so in case of a mishap, they can be the reserves"

Carlita 11-26-2004 12:31 PM

Re: Random Davis Cup info

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~EMiLiTA~
a little snippet of DC news: (English at bottom)

“Hemos decidido que vengan también Feliciano López y Fernando Verdasco”, confirmó Avendaño, uno de los miembros del trío de capitanes que completan Josep Perlas y Jordi Arrese.

“Queremos que también estén en Sevilla y que en caso de algún contratiempo puedan ser un recambio”.

"We've decided that Feliciano López and Fernando Verdasco should come too" said Avedaño, one of the members of the trio of captains, the other 2 being Josep Perlas and Jordi Arrese

"We want them to be in Seville too so in case of a mishap, they can be the reserves"

That's great! Thanks for the info Em! :D

Iza 11-26-2004 07:15 PM

finally! at least thats' what they could do 4 them if they didn't choose them 2 play!

~EMiLiTA~ 11-27-2004 09:47 AM

haha yeah...so they still get to be part of it

lizabeth..* 11-29-2004 09:36 PM

Don't forget your cheer sticks chicos!

Carlita 11-30-2004 06:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lizabeth..*

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :D

Iza 11-30-2004 09:50 AM

Quote:

VAMOS ESPANA
!!!!!!!!

:woohoo: :woohoo: Vamos Vamos Vamos !

~EMiLiTA~ 11-30-2004 09:54 AM

Quote:

lol! omg those cheer sticks piss me off so much!

~EMiLiTA~ 12-02-2004 11:51 AM

I've seen Fer a few times on the Spanish news. One time they showed him playing soccer with Rafa and Feli and today they showed him and Feli playing a practice doubles match against Tommy and Rafa...looks like he and Feli are having fun!

lizabeth..* 12-02-2004 06:28 PM

Quote:

I've seen Fer a few times on the Spanish news. One time they showed him playing soccer with Rafa and Feli and today they showed him and Feli playing a practice doubles match against Tommy and Rafa...looks like he and Feli are having fun!

See! This happens every time.

Me: *ponders* I will watch the Spanish news tonight

Never happens, I either forget or go to bed. Always when he is on. Grrr

Anyway, glad to hear they are having...fun.

lizabeth..* 12-02-2004 06:29 PM

Quote:

lol! omg those cheer sticks piss me off so much!

Ohh but Emily...they are the essence of Davis Cup. I have entire shopping bag full of them in my sisters cupboard. Yes, you can blame that on my sister and Kat! :rolleyes: :lol:

~EMiLiTA~ 12-07-2004 09:44 AM

guess what guys, Feli and Nando might be getting a shot at the Davis Cup next year cos the current head dude of the Spanish Tennis Federation (who's from Barcelona) is probably going to lose the elections to the head of the Madrid tennis federation, and he wants to put Feli and Nando in the team. This would be at the expense of Tommy and JC though...

Carlita 12-07-2004 09:49 AM

Quote:

guess what guys, Feli and Nando might be getting a shot at the Davis Cup next year cos the current head dude of the Spanish Tennis Federation (who's from Barcelona) is probably going to lose the elections to the head of the Madrid tennis federation, and he wants to put Feli and Nando in the team. This would be at the expense of Tommy and JC though...

Well, :yeah: good news for Feli and Nando..... :sad: not for Tommy and JC! Why not add more matches to the weekend of Davis Cup?! So that more players can play???? hahaha...... right Carlita.... :rolleyes:

lizabeth..* 12-07-2004 10:01 AM

Hmmm well thats a good thing. But if it means JC is going to get dropped again then I don't support it.

But thats interesting to know, thanks Em. We'll see what happens though. They probably only need 2 players for the DC team now though.

~EMiLiTA~ 12-07-2004 10:11 AM

Quote:

They probably only need 2 players for the DC team now though.

:rolleyes: :lol: I wonder who you're talking about :aplot: