MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   General Messages (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Prediction: Del Po wins a major this year (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=218977)

MuzzahLovah 01-17-2013 09:31 AM

Prediction: Del Po wins a major this year

Cliff Drysdale predicts JMDP will win a major this year. What are your thoughts?

End da Game 01-17-2013 09:53 AM

Re: Prediction: Del Po wins a major this year

no shit sherlock, GOATro's been on the rise, its only logical that he would finally win a long awaited 2nd slam this year

duarte_a 01-17-2013 10:10 AM

If I think he has a shot in RG.

yuri27 01-17-2013 10:13 AM

This cyborg ballbasher winning another Slam would be bad for game.

Federer-Fan 01-17-2013 10:48 AM

Del Potro has no chance to win a Grand Slam this year. I'm almost sure of that !

Roy Emerson 01-17-2013 02:10 PM

Might happen at a HC slam, his best surface.

swebright 01-17-2013 02:23 PM

If Murray and Novak disappear from the earth, Rafa still on sick leave and he beats Fed (I think he will beat Fed at slam event this year). Not that I have no faith in Fed, but just saying.
Unless Andy takes out Nole and JMP meets him in final. Don't think he can beat Nole 1.75.

duarte_a 01-17-2013 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roy Emerson (Post 12813522)
Might happen at a HC slam, his best surface.

I think his best shot is at RG because he's shown he can beat Federer there, murray is relatively weak on clay and I think it is more probable for Del Potro to beat djokovic in clay than on hard. Also on HC he has more guys playing well there than on clay methinks.

Last year he could have perfectly reached the semis in RG if not for the injury he had.

ProdigyEng 01-17-2013 02:35 PM

Roland Garos is Del Potro's, he'll beat Nadal in the final and become the new Clay king.

Roy Emerson 01-17-2013 03:32 PM

I think the RG winner will be Djokovic or Nadal. In that order.

Doubt Del Potro has the stamina and endurance to grind a win there.

Djokovic is the favorite to win RG this year.

Moozza 01-17-2013 04:15 PM

No.

Mark Lenders 01-17-2013 04:20 PM

These predictions are dangerous with Del Potro. Looking at his game alone, it's easy to see why someone would predict Slams but there are other factors. Most importantly, will he be fit for all 4 Slams? Last year, he had knee issues in RG and Wimbledon and a bad wrist at the USO that stopped him from playing his best tennis. Managing to be fully fit for all 4 Slams this year would greatly increase his chances, but that's far from a guarantee with Juan.

I think he will continue improving this year and get some big wins, but not sure about a Slam. He will have chances at RG and the USO (maybe even AO with a bit of luck) but it will be quite difficult.

Fujee 01-17-2013 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ProdigyEng (Post 12814018)
Roland Garos is Del Potro's, he'll beat Nadal in the final and become the new Clay king.

I don't know if you're serious, but I can see this happening. An on fire Delpo blasting his way through Nadals defense, perhaps his best opportunity to do so.

Call me crazy but for some reason I see it happening.

vn01 01-17-2013 05:05 PM

I don't think so. His best chance is probably in Paris, if he somehow avoids Nadal

Mountaindewslave 01-17-2013 05:09 PM

Drysdale is an old hack and that's not even a brave prediction, obviously Del Potro doesn't have bad odds to win one