MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   General Messages (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   WWW Australian Open R1: Troicki v (31) Stepanek (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=215314)

n8 01-11-2013 12:52 PM

WWW Australian Open R1: Troicki v (31) Stepanek

Troicki is such a good player to not be seeded at this stage of his career. Luckily he got a low seed and can snare Stepanek's valuable seeded place in the draw if he wins this match.

One of the few all top 40 clashes of the first two rounds should be excellent. Troicki is so good at taking advantage of his notoriously weak draws in Masters and Slams to rack up his 45 points and remain direct acceptances for Masters. But Stepanek isn't so easy. The head to head is 4-4 with Troicki winning 4 of the last 5.

If all goes to plan, Troicki will set the tournament alight with Djokovic in the third round as once again he has been placed in Djokovic's section of the draw. This will give him the opportunity to solidify his first win in only his last 13 attempts against his Serbian rival.

Troicki :music:

uxyzapenje 01-11-2013 01:06 PM

Re: WWW Australian Open R1: Troicki v (31) Stepanek

Troicki will win. He'll take advantage of the low seeds like he did in SW19 with Granollers and Monaco.
You can say Troicki had his share of weak draws, but on the other hand, his career is 'ruined' (as much as you can say that someone's career has been ruined while he reached #12 in the world) by Djokovic. He gets him every time he plays good. Whenever he shows some form, it's like 'hey, have a go at Djokovic again'. And he's very much underrated here. Yes, he's a choker, yes, he's not as flashy as some other players, but he doesn't deserve to drop out from top40. And plus, he plays vs Uglynek, my most hated player, so Troicki all the way :rocker2:

n8 01-11-2013 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uxyzapenje (Post 12663090)
Troicki will win. He'll take advantage of the low seeds like he did in SW19 with Granollers and Monaco.
You can say Troicki had his share of weak draws, but on the other hand, his career is 'ruined' (as much as you can say that someone's career has been ruined while he reached #12 in the world) by Djokovic. He gets him every time he plays good. Whenever he shows some form, it's like 'hey, have a go at Djokovic again'. And he's very much underrated here. Yes, he's a choker, yes, he's not as flashy as some other players, but he doesn't deserve to drop out from top40. And plus, he plays vs Uglynek, my most hated player, so Troicki all the way :rocker2:

Cool post. :) Agree with all of it apart from Steps being my most hated.

Troicki's career was also burnt by his match versus Murray at Roland Garros 2011. Sure, the ballkid thing was bad, but I've never seen another match where someone serves for it, goes up 30-0 and still I was virtually definite his opponent would win. That ain't right.

henke007 01-11-2013 01:43 PM

Great to have on of these 2 out in R1 :wavey:

Sombrerero loco 01-11-2013 02:55 PM

sexy please =D

Trollicki 01-11-2013 02:59 PM

My namesake should be able to clinch this one in 5. The clash with Nole has to be set up after all.

Noleta 01-11-2013 04:28 PM

Think Stepanek will edge this one,him and Berdsh!t should be very motivated after winning the DC last year.:)

Sauletekis 01-11-2013 04:43 PM

Not my intention to be rude or anything, but I stopped reading here...

Quote:

Originally Posted by StatRacket (Post 12662898)
Troicki is such a good player

Gillouthe best 01-11-2013 05:27 PM

Troicki in 5

madmax 01-11-2013 05:34 PM

Mugicki has nothing on motivated Sexy Lips:drive:
Sexy Lips will cruise