MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumindex.php)
-   Juan Martín Del Potro Message Board (http://www.menstennisforums.com/641-juan-mart%EDn-del-potro-message-board/)
-   -   Delpo 2013 CHEERING THREAD (http://www.menstennisforums.com/641-juan-mart%EDn-del-potro-message-board/215130-delpo-2013-cheering-thread.html)

lucyfur 01-11-2013 01:56 AM

Delpo 2013 CHEERING THREAD

Vamos Delpo!:bigclap:
Good luck tomorrow in kooyang!:cheerleader:

Ivelina_P 01-12-2013 05:29 AM

Re: Delpo 2013 cheering thread- australian open

I'm too torn now between him and Andy in QF,but at least they have other matches before that for my pleasure.:cool:

vn01 01-12-2013 08:24 PM

I think Delpo will easily reach the QFs, but his chances against Murray are quite slight. Anyway, I strongly hope for a great performance! VAMOS DELPO! :)

misst89 01-12-2013 11:02 PM

I really want to see how he does against Murray. He's gotten close to beating him in the past.

Mae 01-19-2013 01:52 AM

What is wrong with Juan he is behind Chardy 4 to 1 in the lst Set!

misst89 01-19-2013 06:24 PM

I dont want to venture into the GM board. I know how everyone will just be making fun of him now. He just had a bad day but its just a little setback. It happens to all the big guys, they dip in form from time to time.

lucyfur 01-19-2013 08:00 PM

Re: Delpo 2013 cheering thread- Rotterdam next.

He'll bounce back, he should have played a proper tourny instead of an exho.

Mark Lenders 01-19-2013 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by misst89 (Post 12884546)
I dont want to venture into the GM board. I know how everyone will just be making fun of him now. He just had a bad day but its just a little setback. It happens to all the big guys, they dip in form from time to time.

Don't worry, I'm in GM to defend him ;)

Does anyone know what the trainer gave him twice yesterday? He wasn't injured, which is good of course, but he looked drained and out of energy from the start (maybe the heat, not sure), lacking power in his shots. I suppose the trainer gave him some energy supplements maybe. I'm not very worried about this loss, better have happened at AO than any other Slam as this is his worst shot at a Slam title (maybe along with Wimbledon), but would love to know what was going on. He played great in the first two rounds.

My full analysis of the match is here if anyone is interested. I'm sure Delpo will bounce back strong, we just need to keep supporting him :yeah:

lucyfur 01-19-2013 08:14 PM

Maybe he was sick? Anyway I heard it was cool, maybe that caused the court too slow down?
Btw I didn't see the match, i only saw his 1st one.

Naudio Spanlatine 01-20-2013 02:12 AM

I am BEYOND pissed, HOW the living hell did he lose to Chardy i mean who loses to fucking Chardy. :o:o:help::help:

I will NOT forgive him for that lost. But i will still cheer him on.

*sighs* The life of a sports fan. :ras:

misst89 01-20-2013 06:23 PM

I don't mind that he lost to Chardy, Chardy is a very good shot maker and has a massive serve, he's beaten Andy Roddick and Andy Murray before, but because of how poorly he played Delpo at Cincy it just surprised me.

It looked like just a pill, maybe to keep his energy up. Of course Delpo said he was fine in the presser, but I think it was one of those days where he felt slow. I mean it is comforting that he was able to push it to 5 knowing how much Chardy outplayed him. Few changes here and there, and he could have taken it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Lenders (Post 12886378)
Don't worry, I'm in GM to defend him ;)

Thank god for you there. I feel like its us against everyone else sometimes. :cool:

ProdigyEng 01-20-2013 06:26 PM

48 Attachment(s)
DelPo will come back stronger :)

Mae 01-20-2013 10:51 PM

I also thought he looked ill right from the start of the Match, but I didn't see him taking any pills. So I have no idea what that was about maybe stomach trouble? These tennis players with all the traveling they have to do I don't know how they manage to stay as well as they do!

misst89 02-09-2013 03:23 PM

anyone going to rotterdam?

cobalt60 02-09-2013 06:08 PM

Ask the mod "Carlita"- she might be. There was a time when many posters went but I think they don't post or rarely post on MTF anymore.