MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   Futures (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=145)
-   -   Project MTF Open (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=214658)

Matchu 01-07-2013 07:44 PM

Project MTF Open

I came up with this idea a few years ago but didn't really think of the logistics of the situation. Essentially, I put forward the idea that if enough people got involved then MTF could run their own ITF futures tournament. The reason I decided to rehash this idea is because I think people may interested to know what is required to host a futures and then may go and make the idea a reality (wishful thinking, I know). If the idea were to take off then I guess a paypal account or something of that nature could be set up to get the money required to host said tournament. Anyway from what I can see this is what is required for a tournament in 2013:

Financial Requirements
  • Estimated required money - To Be Determined.
  • Pledged money so far - $US1050 (current up to post #3 in the thread and 6 yes votes on poll)

Important Date Information
  • Registration Dates - Application must be sent at least 17 weeks prior to the commencement of the first tournament.
  • Cancellation/Postponement Dates - Tournament cancellation/postponement must be made at least 9 weeks before the commencement of the first tournament.
  • Tournament Fact Sheet/Information Dates - Must be submitted at least 7 weeks prior to the commencement of the first tournament.
  • Staff Dates - Each tournament staff member's full names must be submitted to the ITF at least 8 weeks prior to commencement of the first tournament.

Tournament Information
  • Tournament Prizemoney - A minimum of $US30,000 must be provided (two consecutive $15k tournaments or three consecutive $10k tournaments).
  • Sanction fee - $US1000 for $10k future and $US1500 for a $15k future.
  • This list is incomplete and will be updated shortly.

Minimum Staff Requirements
  • Tournament Director - Designated by National Association of which country the tournament is held.
  • Tournament Administrator - Must be on-site at all times during tournament and a point of contact for the ITF. He/she is also required to speak English and must be ready to solve problems related to such matters as players, officials, media and spectators.
  • ITF Supervisor - 1 Gold or Silver badged supervisor required.
  • Chair Umpires - 2 White Badge Chair Umpires or 1 White Badge Chair Umpire and 1 Green Badge Chair Umpire ($10k future)/1 Gold, Silver or Bronze Chair Umpire and 2 White Badge Chair Umpires (15k future).
  • Line Umpires - None required for a 10k future and 1 line umpire is required for each main draw match for a 15k future. If the tournament is on clay no line umpire are required at any time.

Staff Costs
  • ITF Supervisor - $1100 fee required plus full hospitality (flights, hotel, local transportation and meals and any other expense needed) are required.

Reference: Here

I have also set up a poll to get an idea of how many people would be willing to donate $US10 towards the potential creation of this event.

dinkulpus 01-07-2013 08:27 PM

Re: Project MTF Open

yes :cool:

Henry Chinaski 01-07-2013 10:03 PM

if I can be convinced this is actually feasible I will donate $1000 if needed.

Matchu 01-08-2013 04:55 PM

I just realised writing all the requirements down is going to take a while so bare with me as I update it. So far we have $1050 pledged towards the tournament from what I can tell. Obviously there is interest in this idea but still quite a fair way from actually having enough numbers to make this a reality.

ibreak4coffee 01-08-2013 06:02 PM

I'm intrigued... where would we host this event?

I can definitely make a donation if this goes through

Matchu 01-08-2013 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ibreak4coffee (Post 12641335)
I'm intrigued... where would we host this event?

I can definitely make a donation if this goes through

Well, I was thinking that there would be some MTF members who either own their own tennis clubs or a high enough that they could make something like this happen. Obviously the courts need to meet requirements along with other things with the club. I was thinking we could have a few candidates and then vote which is most suitable for the inaugural MTF Open.

From what I can tell so far it seems it helps if the tournament is held in an English speaking country but it also helps if the tournament is held on clay courts because it means less staff members.

Sombrerero loco 01-08-2013 10:43 PM

in spain please :hearts:
and of course i voted yes

Sombrerero loco 01-13-2013 09:47 PM

please more support guys!!

Super Djoker 01-15-2013 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sombrerero loco (Post 12641856)
in spain please :hearts:
and of course i voted yes

There are tons of futures in Spain ! Lol

jmf07 01-15-2013 12:16 PM

Get in contact with someone who knows Brentos/Federer's Mate.

Sombrerero loco 01-15-2013 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Super Djoker (Post 12751562)
There are tons of futures in Spain ! Lol

not really. we are losing many events every year, specially in madrid

Sombrerero loco 01-27-2013 12:12 PM

dont let this project die please!!

fran70 01-27-2013 03:55 PM

Count with me as long as I can see how the project develops