MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   Exhibition events (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=90)
-   -   Hopman Cup: And this is how you put on a show (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=214556)

Yolita 01-05-2013 01:37 AM

Hopman Cup: And this is how you put on a show
 
People who had tickets for yesterday's night session at the Hopman Cup really got their money's worth.

First they saw the #1 player in the world playing like the #1 player in the world.




Then they got lovely Ana playing a singles match against Malek.

And to finish, they got the #1 player in the world being the natural-born entertainer that he is. Here's the full doubles match, worth seeing it all, because in comedy, timing is everything: Nole is a natural.



A few highlights:









The crowd loved every minute of it. The arena was packed for the Nole-Haas match and most fans remained for the mixed doubles.

Serbia vs Spain in the final.

Ajde. :)

rutinos harcos 01-05-2013 03:57 PM

Re: Hopman Cup: And this is how you put on a show
 
Will somebody inform this Medina person Hopman Cup is an exho not Grand Slam.

Yolita 01-05-2013 11:27 PM

Re: Hopman Cup: And this is how you put on a show
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by rutinos harcos (Post 12635423)
Will somebody inform this Medina person Hopman Cup is an exho not Grand Slam.

What's wrong with wanting to win? Hopman Cup matches are taken sariously by players, unless it's a dead rubber. I bet her win over Ana will mean a lot to her. And she's a great doubles player...


Spain deserved to win. Congratulations to Spain. :)

Ana and Nole are really loved in Perth, I'm sure they'll be invited next year. 4th time lucky maybe. :)

rutinos harcos 01-06-2013 01:34 PM

Re: Hopman Cup: And this is how you put on a show
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Yolita (Post 12636325)
What's wrong with wanting to win? Hopman Cup matches are taken sariously by players, unless it's a dead rubber. I bet her win over Ana will mean a lot to her. And she's a great doubles player...


Spain deserved to win. Congratulations to Spain. :)

Ana and Nole are really loved in Perth, I'm sure they'll be invited next year. 4th time lucky maybe. :)

There's nothing wrong in wanting to win(even in an exho)but her celebration was over the top to say the least.

Yolita 01-06-2013 07:32 PM

Re: Hopman Cup: And this is how you put on a show
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by rutinos harcos (Post 12637287)
There's nothing wrong in wanting to win(even in an exho)but her celebration was over the top to say the least.

:lol: I don't want to go down the road of which celebrations are over the top and which aren't, our man has been criticised precisely because of his celebrations, which I find great fun to watch and others find classless, it's a question of taste... I don't care about celebrations: I care about sportsmanship on court (our man is #1 on that score as well).

Also: a celebration tells you how much a victory means.

Ana should be proud that a victory over her meant so much to Medina Garrigues. ;)


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:33 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.