MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   General Messages (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Brisbane QF: Dimitrov def. (7)Melzer 6:3 6:2 (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=214505)

evilmindbulgaria 01-04-2013 04:08 AM

Brisbane QF: Dimitrov def. (7)Melzer 6:3 6:2
 
Amazing performance by Grigor! Win the title, please!

JarkaFish 01-04-2013 04:09 AM

Re: Brisbane QF: Dimitrov def. (7)Melzer 6:3 6:2
 
Good heavens, 17 aces and 1 DF. :eek:

Did he steal Raonic's serve when he beat him?

evilmindbulgaria 01-04-2013 04:12 AM

Re: Brisbane QF: Dimitrov def. (7)Melzer 6:3 6:2
 
The SF must be on Pat Rafter Arena, those streams from Court 1 the last two days were horrible!

n8 01-04-2013 04:12 AM

Re: Brisbane QF: Dimitrov def. (7)Melzer 6:3 6:2
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by evilmindbulgaria (Post 12632118)
Amazing performance by Grigor! Win the title, please!

If he does that he may just snare an AO seed!

evilmindbulgaria 01-04-2013 04:17 AM

Re: Brisbane QF: Dimitrov def. (7)Melzer 6:3 6:2
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by StatRacket (Post 12632126)
If he does that he may just snare an AO seed!

That will be unbelievable! I think Grigor is finally going in the right direction. His serve has been very solid, the UEs have decreased dramatically and he has looked very focused the last 2 matches against quality opponents.

gindyo 01-04-2013 04:17 AM

Re: Brisbane QF: Dimitrov def. (7)Melzer 6:3 6:2
 
Man I only watched the last set, and as much as I want to give credit to Grigor for this one, I must say in that second set Meltzer showed the worst display of tennis I have ever seen from a professorial tennis player.
With that said win is a win and it should give Grigor a good amount of confidence going forward.
Go get the title G

evilmindbulgaria 01-04-2013 04:19 AM

Re: Brisbane QF: Dimitrov def. (7)Melzer 6:3 6:2
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by gindyo (Post 12632133)
Man I only watched the last set, and as much as I want to give credit to Grigor for this one, I must say in that second set Meltzer showed the worst display of tennis I have ever seen from a professorial tennis player.
With that said win is a win and it should give Grigor a good amount of confidence going forward.
Go get the title G

You are right, I believe Grigor won the last 19 points of this match. Melzer was barely trying.

SelvenluvJo 01-04-2013 04:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gindyo (Post 12632133)
Man I only watched the last set, and as much as I want to give credit to Grigor for this one, I must say in that second set Meltzer showed the worst display of tennis I have ever seen from a professorial tennis player.
With that said win is a win and it should give Grigor a good amount of confidence going forward.
Go get the title G

It reminds me last year when he faced Djokovic at Beijing. Jurgen is a such emotional player, it never changes. And big congrats to Dimi, first SF this year, hope he will have a good day tomorrow. Keep going!


Sent from my iPhone using Verticalsports.com Free App

Mountaindewslave 01-04-2013 04:29 AM

Re: Brisbane QF: Dimitrov def. (7)Melzer 6:3 6:2
 
had a feeling Dimitrov would come into his own this season :)

FlameOn 01-04-2013 04:36 AM

Re: Brisbane QF: Dimitrov def. (7)Melzer 6:3 6:2
 
:cheerleader:

Pirata. 01-04-2013 04:40 AM

Re: Brisbane QF: Dimitrov def. (7)Melzer 6:3 6:2
 
Grisha :cheerleader:

Mae 01-04-2013 04:41 AM

Re: Brisbane QF: Dimitrov def. (7)Melzer 6:3 6:2
 
I couldn't see the Match, but I find myself becoming a fan of Dimitrov!

dencod16 01-04-2013 04:41 AM

Re: Brisbane QF: Dimitrov def. (7)Melzer 6:3 6:2
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by StatRacket (Post 12632126)
If he does that he may just snare an AO seed!

Actually no, even if he wins the highest he will go is 34 if he wins the title because baghdatis advanced to the semis as well and is now 31 in the live rankings. He needs one more withdrawal if he is to win. 32 is Bellucci with 1112, 33 is stepanek with 1110, and if Grisha wins he will have 1108 which will place him at 34.

n8 01-04-2013 04:56 AM

Re: Brisbane QF: Dimitrov def. (7)Melzer 6:3 6:2
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dencod16 (Post 12632167)
Actually no, even if he wins the highest he will go is 34 if he wins the title because baghdatis advanced to the semis as well and is now 31 in the live rankings. He needs one more withdrawal if he is to win. 32 is Bellucci with 1112, 33 is stepanek with 1110, and if Grisha wins he will have 1108 which will place him at 34.

That's why I said 'may'. You never know who may withdraw. Stepanek and Isner had to withdraw from matches just this week. Nadal's obviously out, so he'd only need one more withdrawal at this stage which isn't much going on history.

FedererBulgaria 01-04-2013 05:21 AM

Re: Brisbane QF: Dimitrov def. (7)Melzer 6:3 6:2
 
Well doneeeeeee:) expected result for me , go for the title!Haideeeeee


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:42 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.