MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   General Messages (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Dimitrov or Tomic? (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=214480)

Alex999 01-03-2013 04:36 PM

Dimitrov or Tomic?

Who will win more slams?
Who is better on clay?

you are not allowed to bring Nole/Fed/Nadal/Mandy into this thread btw :(.

FedererBulgaria 01-03-2013 04:47 PM

Re: Dimitrov or Tomic?

Grigor in every poll :)

TigerTim 01-03-2013 04:49 PM

They are as bad as each other

That's said. Tomic.

Han Solo 01-03-2013 04:51 PM

I'm guessing neither will win ANY majors.

Alex999 01-03-2013 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FedererBulgaria (Post 12631283)
Grigor in every poll :)

sorry, I just don't think poll is that important here. kinda hope to hear what people think about their strengths and weaknesses.

I'm just wondering ... someone will have to show up after the top 4 decline. Maybe, we should include Goffin and Raonic here. IMHO, one of these 4 should be able to win majors. I know it's just another prediction thread, but ...

Federer in 2 01-03-2013 04:52 PM

Tomic > Dimitrov.

Time Violation 01-03-2013 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex999 (Post 12631258)
Who will win more slams?
Who is better on clay?

More slams? Remind me how many ATP250s they have between them? :)

madmax 01-03-2013 04:59 PM

Neither will win any slams.
Both are overhyped clowns

Alex999 01-03-2013 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bashkatik (Post 12631297)
Tomic > Dimitrov.

the way I see it, I prefer Dimitrov's game style, not too impressed with Tomic's personality (for obvious reasons, but that has nothing to do with his game). Tomic is a very interesting player to me (take it which ever way you want to btw). Tomic seems to be more driven than Dimitrov (sorry, It could be just my impression).

Nirjhor 01-03-2013 05:13 PM

Well, both have some issue. Dimitrov wants to imitate Federer and fails in almost every way. If he had his own style of play and played with it then he would've been better than he is now imo.

On the other hand, Tomic has a huge confidence. He thinks he can do anything and can be the best player of all time. He expressed the latter thing publicly which was not good. Having confidence doesn't do anything good without having the capability of using it.

Comparing their current condition to other great players at their age, neither of them has the capability to win a slam, let alone more than one. But they still have time to improve their games and be good players. We need good young players right now. We'll see what they'll do. We just have to wait. :)

iniesta896 01-03-2013 05:18 PM

Dimitrov is way better then Tomic.

Sent from my iPhone using Verticalsports.com Free App

iniesta896 01-03-2013 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by madmax (Post 12631313)
Neither will win any slams.
Both are overhyped clowns

You are a clown.

Hypnotize 01-03-2013 05:31 PM

I like both players and I think they will win a number of slams between them. I prefer Grigor however as his game is more stylish and he has more weapons. If he develops the mental strength to match his talent he will win a lot of slams. I'm looking forward to watching them both in the years to come.

Hypnotize 01-03-2013 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iniesta896 (Post 12631352)
You are a clown.

Don't worry, everyone on here knows that. ;)

Alex999 01-03-2013 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nirjhor (Post 12631344)
Well, both have some issue. Dimitrov wants to imitate Federer and fails in almost every way. If he had his own style of play and played with it then he would've been better than he is now imo.

On the other hand, Tomic has a huge confidence. He thinks he can do anything and can be the best player of all time. He expressed the latter thing publicly which was not good. Having confidence doesn't do anything good without having the capability of using it.

Comparing their current condition to other great players at their age, neither of them has the capability to win a slam, let alone more than one. But they still have time to improve their games and be good players. We need good young players right now. We'll see what they'll do. We just have to wait. :)

Nirjhor, not sure when people saying that Dimitrov is a baby Fed is fair to him. I don't think he is actually imitating Roger per se. Nobody can 'imitate' Roger. Fed is a tennis genius, no question about it. well, Gasquet was a new Fed back in 2005/06 (I wish, because I like Richie so much) ... he got nowhere