MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   Juan Martín Del Potro Message Board (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=641)
-   -   Del Po's 2013 schedule (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=214432)

nazzac 01-02-2013 09:10 PM

Del Po's 2013 schedule

Anyone got any news on Del Po's 2013 schedule?

Ausie 01-03-2013 06:02 PM

Re: Del Po's 2013 schedule

Quote:

Originally Posted by nazzac (Post 12629703)
Anyone got any news on Del Po's 2013 schedule?

At the moment ;)
09.01.13 AAMI Kooyong Classic Melbourne, Australia
14.01.13 Australian Open Melbourne, Australia
11.02.13 ABN AMRO World Tennis Tournament, Rotterdam, Netherlands
18.02.13 Open 13, Marseille, France

ProdigyEng 01-03-2013 08:43 PM

A shame he didn't enter Brisbane

Mark Lenders 01-03-2013 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ProdigyEng (Post 12631710)
A shame he didn't enter Brisbane

I kind of subscribe to this view. I'm surprised he didn't enter any event before AO, but I guess he believes an exho is enough to prepare AO.

I hope he plays Rotterdam, Marseille, Dubai, Estoril and Basel. Those five are enough as far as non-mandatories are concerned imo. The only possible addition would be a grass tune-up for Wimbledon I guess.

misst89 01-04-2013 05:24 PM

I'm sure he will be fine. I think he played sydney last year but he lost early.

I found his schedule a week ago. Let me see if i can find it.

Quote:

@sebatorok
Australia, Rotterdam, Marsella, Dubai, IW, Miami, Estoril o Munich, Madrid, Roma y RG, los primeros torneos de Del Potro en 2013.
So he's choosing between Estoril or Munich, no MC like last year.

Personally hoping he will play Queens.

ProdigyEng 03-19-2013 03:31 PM

Juan is playing Queens :)

Mark Lenders 04-02-2013 05:26 PM

Are you sure he asked/accepted the wild card?

vpmrosulate 04-03-2013 01:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Lenders (Post 14452282)
Are you sure he asked/accepted the wild card?

Okay I'm gonna try to redeem myself here. From the Clarin article: "Las energías de Juan Martín Del Potro están enfocadas en su tarea en el circuito ATP, en el cual busca entreverarse entre los mejores 4 del mundo. Y en pos de ese objetivo, el tandilense pegó un giro de timón en su calendario: finalmente participará del Masters 1000 de Montecarlo, cita para la cual pidió una invitación que le fue concedida. El torneo comienza el 14 de abril."

Basically it said he's more focused on getting into the top 4, so he "pidió una invitación" (asked to be invited) and was given that invitation. So does this mean he'll actually go?

EDIT: found an article in English saying he actually accepted:
Quote:

Tournament director Zeljko Franulovic confirmed Del Potro's acceptance earlier today, which in turn means that nine of the world's top 10 players will feature at the competition.

"We are very pleased to receive Juan Martin in the principality and [it] is a great treat for our audience. [He is] a great player with an impressive track record and great ambitions every year," Franulovic said in a statement."
source: http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/tennis/m...ard_77419.html

misst89 04-04-2013 02:28 PM

Spoke to @LaMiradaVisa they post official news about Del Potro and they confirm he will play MC.

vpmrosulate 04-05-2013 03:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by misst89 (Post 14475546)
Spoke to @LaMiradaVisa they post official news about Del Potro and they confirm he will play MC.

Oh wow, thanks, what a great account to follow! For some reason I hadn't noticed a lot of the Spanish-language Twitter accounts, but now I realize that the information I'm most interested in is usually from these kinds of sources--even actual news articles sometimes don't have the things I'm looking for. Good thing I'm also interested in keeping up with my Spanish, I guess. And this account mentioned Ginobili, another of my favorites.

Still, not sure whether to be happy or not about the confirmation. If it means his wrist is fully healed though, then at least there's one piece of good news, for now.

lucyfur 04-05-2013 04:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by misst89 (Post 14475546)

Good news, it means his mother must be much better now.:D

misst89 04-06-2013 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vpmrosulate (Post 14481978)
Oh wow, thanks, what a great account to follow! For some reason I hadn't noticed a lot of the Spanish-language Twitter accounts, but now I realize that the information I'm most interested in is usually from these kinds of sources--even actual news articles sometimes don't have the things I'm looking for. Good thing I'm also interested in keeping up with my Spanish, I guess. And this account mentioned Ginobili, another of my favorites.

Still, not sure whether to be happy or not about the confirmation. If it means his wrist is fully healed though, then at least there's one piece of good news, for now.

I run a delpo fan club and I follow quite a few spanish journalists so if I ever need confirmation I usually talk to them first as I trust them. :)

I'm pretty sure he wouldn't ask for a wildcard if he wasn't feeling ready to compete again so for now, excited to see him play again!

lucyfur I'm not sure it was his mother? I saw your article but it didn't mention anything about his mother apart from the title so it was a bit misleading.

lucyfur 04-06-2013 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by misst89 (Post 14502474)
I run a delpo fan club and I follow quite a few spanish journalists so if I ever need confirmation I usually talk to them first as I trust them. :)

I'm pretty sure he wouldn't ask for a wildcard if he wasn't feeling ready to compete again so for now, excited to see him play again!

lucyfur I'm not sure it was his mother? I saw your article but it didn't mention anything about his mother apart from the title so it was a bit misleading.

The article said his Mother had heart surgery, according to google translate.

misst89 04-06-2013 11:06 PM

I know. I translated it but it didn't say anything about it in the article. I feel like it was added into the title and not expanded on and so I didn't completely trust it.

vpmrosulate 07-04-2013 04:37 AM

Hope to see an update here soon.