MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   VTR Open (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1613)
-   -   Viña del Mar Entry List/Fact Sheet (updated February 4, 2013) (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=213989)

smucav 12-21-2012 02:05 AM

Viña del Mar Entry List/Fact Sheet (updated February 4, 2013)
 
Tournament Name: VTR OPEN CHILE
Location: VINA DEL MAR, CHILE
Dates: FEBRUARY 4–10, 2013
Prize Money: USD $410,200
28 MAIN DRAW & 32 QUALIFYING DRAW

SITE: Club Naval de Campo Las Salinas
Avda. Jorge Montt 12.100
Vina del Mar, Chile
SURFACE: Clay
BALL: Wilson
WEB SITE: http://www.vtropen.cl/


Qualifying draw: Friday, February 1, 9:00 p.m.
Main draw: Saturday, February 2, Noon
Doubles draw: Saturday, February 2, 2:00 p.m.


ATP Ranking Points
W: 250
F: 150
SF: 90
QF: 45
R16: 20 (Seeds 1-4: 0)
R32: 0
Q: +12
Q8: 6
Q16: 0
Q32: 0

Entry deadline: December 24, 2012
Seeding: January 28, 2013


1 Monaco, Juan ARG 12
2 Chardy, Jeremy FRA 32
3 Andujar, Pablo ESP 42
4 Ramos, Albert ESP 50
5 Giraldo, Santiago COL 57
6 Lorenzi, Paolo ITA 64
7 Berlocq, Carlos ARG 66
8 Gimeno-Traver, Daniel ESP 70
9 Mayer, Leonardo ARG 71
10 Kuznetsov, Andrey RUS 78
11 Zeballos, Horacio ARG 85
12 Volandri, Filippo ITA 88
13 Ramirez Hidalgo, Ruben ESP 91
14 Rufin, Guillaume FRA 92
15 Montanes, Albert ESP 96
16 Pella, Guido ARG 97
17 Sousa, Joao POR 101
OUT Andreev, Igor RUS 110
19 Robredo, Tommy ESP 114
20 Alund, Martin ARG 121
21 Dutra Silva, Rogerio BRA 126
22 (Q) DELBONIS, Federico ARG
23 (Q) SCHWARTZMAN, Diego Sebastian ARG
24 (Q) LAJOVIC, Dusan SRB
25 (Q) NASO, Gianluca ITA
26 (WC) Garín, Christian CHI
27 (WC) Nadal, Rafael ESP
28 (WC) Massu, Nicolas CHI

Alternates
IN Riba, Pere ESP @126
1. Gil, Frederico POR 134
OUT Viola, Matteo ITA 135
2. Elias, Gastao POR 139
3. Odesnik, Wayne USA 143
4. Souza, Joao BRA 144
OUT Greul, Simon GER 151
OUT Dasnieres de Veigy, Jonathan FRA 154
5. Starace, Potito ITA 164
6. Capdeville, Paul CHI 166
7. Brown, Dustin GER 167
8. Pashanski, Boris SRB 169
9. Velotti, Agustin ARG 172
OUT Stebe, Cedrik-Marcel GER 177
10. Gutierrez-Ferrol, Sergio ESP 178

Gillouthe best 12-27-2012 01:00 PM

Hope Chardy can do some damage here, he can make the SF/F easily with this entry list. Also I hope Ramos can play well


Sent from my iPhone using Verticalsports.com Free App

Crustaceok 12-27-2012 01:47 PM

Re: Viña del Mar Entry List (T/K)
 
Frederico Gil is going to start his season on the Davis Cup, I think he won`t come to play here

And, why Greul, Starace, Dasnieres, Brown and Pashanski will come from so far to risk playing a classification? I think they're not going to Viña

I hope Capdeville can enter to the main draw.

duong 12-27-2012 02:23 PM

Re: Viña del Mar Entry List (T/K)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Crustaceok (Post 12619103)
And, why Greul, Starace, Dasnieres, Brown and Pashanski will come from so far to risk playing a classification? I think they're not going to Viña

Starace will probably try his best in the southAmerican swing, which implies playing qualies considering his current ranking.

fran70 12-27-2012 11:51 PM

Re: Viña del Mar Entry List (T/K)
 
Wondering why Del Bonis didn't write down here. He could had been 2nd in the ALT list. :confused:

Crustaceok 12-28-2012 10:44 AM

Re: Viña del Mar Entry List (T/K)
 
Confirmed WC to Nicolas Massu and Christian Garin.

The other WC will go to a top ten player (probably Nicolas Almagro) or to Paul Capdeville.

fran70 12-28-2012 10:11 PM

Re: Viña del Mar Entry List (T/K)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Crustaceok (Post 12620050)
Confirmed WC to Nicolas Massu and Christian Garin.

The other WC will go to a top ten player (probably Nicolas Almagro) or to Paul Capdeville.

Hi Crustaceok:wavey:
Do you know if Massu is planning to retire in this tournament?

Amazing that Garin received a WC for the MD :eek:. Probably at his stage of his career with 16 years old and without experience on the tour he could have received it for Quallies and give it to a player like Saez who did it pretty well in Future events and with 21 years old still has a shot to do it well on the Challenger tour. Or Podlinik Castillo,r Rivera Aranguiz or Saavedra Corvalan. Weird desicion :confused:.

The draw is pretty good and much better than it used to be in the past after Fernando Gonzalez rushed with every single title every year :D. Nice line up. ;)

Crustaceok 12-29-2012 10:49 AM

Re: Viña del Mar Entry List (T/K)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by fran70 (Post 12621177)
Hi Crustaceok:wavey:
Do you know if Massu is planning to retire in this tournament?

Amazing that Garin received a WC for the MD :eek:. Probably at his stage of his career with 16 years old and without experience on the tour he could have received it for Quallies and give it to a player like Saez who did it pretty well in Future events and with 21 years old still has a shot to do it well on the Challenger tour. Or Podlinik Castillo,r Rivera Aranguiz or Saavedra Corvalan. Weird desicion :confused:.

The draw is pretty good and much better than it used to be in the past after Fernando Gonzalez rushed with every single title every year :D. Nice line up. ;)

Hi!

Well, press here said a while ago that yes, but Massu refuted that the same day. He is training very hard now and says that his 2013's objectives are Viña, the Davis Cup and the Grand Slams.

About Garin: Personally, I think it would have been better to give the WC immediately to Capdeville and not wait for a top ten, which anyway I think will not come. For me the third option was Garin, but give him a WC inmediatly is also a good option: he is the only chilean (with Lama and Malla, perhaps) who can enter in the top 100 in the next 5 or 6 years.
Saavedra, Rivera and Podlipnik have more than 23 years and, for example, they have never played a challenger final; I think they are not so good options... Also, Rivera and Saavedra have had a very bad 2012, specially Saavedra.
Sáez is a great player, I have saw him and he really plays very good, but the people here don't know him very much. Garin attracts three times more people than Saez and that's a very important point for the tournament organizers (the brothers Fillol).

fran70 12-29-2012 11:24 AM

Re: Viña del Mar Entry List (T/K)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Crustaceok (Post 12621785)
Hi!

Well, press here said a while ago that yes, but Massu refuted that the same day. He is training very hard now and says that his 2013's objectives are Viña, the Davis Cup and the Grand Slams.

About Garin: Personally, I think it would have been better to give the WC immediately to Capdeville and not wait for a top ten, which anyway I think will not come. For me the third option was Garin, but give him a WC inmediatly is also a good option: he is the only chilean (with Lama and Malla, perhaps) who can enter in the top 100 in the next 5 or 6 years.
Saavedra, Rivera and Podlipnik have more than 23 years and, for example, they have never played a challenger final; I think they are not so good options... Also, Rivera and Saavedra have had a very bad 2012, specially Saavedra.
Sáez is a great player, I have saw him and he really plays very good, but the people here don't know him very much. Garin attracts three times more people than Saez and that's a very important point for the tournament organizers (the brothers Fillol).

Great resume about the present situation of Chilean tennis :worship:. I will be following Garin, Lama and Malla more often then :yeah:

Crustaceok 12-29-2012 02:08 PM

Re: Viña del Mar Entry List (T/K)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by fran70 (Post 12621864)
Great resume about the present situation of Chilean tennis :worship:. I will be following Garin, Lama and Malla more often then :yeah:

Lama is going to play Viña in doubles with Massu

NyGeL 12-30-2012 08:34 PM

Re: Viña del Mar Entry List (updated December 28, 2012)
 
awful main draw. And Monaco shouldn't be playing here right after Davis Cup and before Buenos Aires.

Viña del Mar needs some chilean star soon :(

VamosHoracio 01-03-2013 12:59 AM

Re: Viña del Mar Entry List (updated December 28, 2012)
 
If he wins this week in Sao Paulo, Horacio should be seeded!

CooCooCachoo 01-16-2013 12:28 AM

Re: Viña del Mar Entry List (updated December 28, 2012)
 
Alund with a DE :help:

Chilenaitor 01-16-2013 03:16 PM

Re: Viña del Mar Entry List (updated December 28, 2012)
 
today nadal say if he comes play here or not..

wlawada 01-16-2013 03:22 PM

Re: Viña del Mar Entry List (updated December 28, 2012)
 
http://www.tennisworlditalia.com/Raf...colo12652.html

NADAL IN!


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:40 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.