MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   Feedback, Suggestions & Questions (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Problems remaining logged in (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=213969)

Litotes 12-19-2012 08:20 PM

Problems remaining logged in

For some reason I often get logged out involuntarily while in the midst of things. Usually after 20-30 minutes.

Today I bought premium membership. I didn't particularly expect this would help, that's not why I bought it, but it got worse! First real log in after my newfound status and I was logged out after two minutes, a "personal record". One can hope this was a coincidence, but I thought I'd check if you were aware of this problem from before.

My PC is quite new so I don't think it is a capacity problem.

scoobs 12-19-2012 10:25 PM

Re: Problems remaining logged in

Do you use the "remember me" option when logging in?

Litotes 12-20-2012 04:48 AM

I use it occasionally. I've found using it indiscriminately means I lose the "What's new since last login"-function, probably because I often log in both from home and work PC during the day. If I remember to use a "hard" log out then this problem generally does not occur, but then there's really no point in being remembered, so I tend to use this only in the weekend. Losing "What's new" is a bigger time waster than being involuntarily logged out now and then.

Today I was once again logged out almost immediately, which I noticed when I tried to send this post (this part is an addition for second attempt) and failed, but though logged out I did not lose the "What's new" so it's really a relatively minor inconvenience. Still, thought I'd check to see if there was an easy fix.

EDIT. I tried to edit my post and found I was logged out again. What I wanted to add was just that I didn't use "Remember me" this time. Not on any of my so far three sessions this morning.

EDIT AGAIN. I didn't manage to post the above edit so I'm now on my fourth session, which I have never before experienced, "remember me" or not. I finally succumbed to the temptation of being remembered, though this will probably play havoc with my "What's new" function later on.

n8 12-20-2012 09:15 AM

I just noticed this started happening to me too. Just in the last few days. Each time I think it's because the moderators/ administrators have changed my name (upon my request) but that's not the case (yet).

I don't know if this will help, but it won't hurt (except having to re-enter information on other sites): you could try deleting all history and cookies on your browser. Also updating your browser, or switching to another (Firefox or Chrome recommended), may be worth a try. I haven't tried these things as it's not too bad for me at the moment.

Litotes 12-20-2012 10:29 AM

Thanks for the tip. I will try this when I get home.

Shrapnel 12-23-2012 03:39 AM

I've been having this problem. I use Google Chrome, and I cleared all of my browsing data.