MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1133)
-   -   Nole Buys World's Supply of Donkey Cheese (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=213813)

Sri 12-10-2012 05:07 PM

Nole Buys World's Supply of Donkey Cheese

http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs...opstories.html

World No. 1 tennis ace Novak Djokovic has chosen an unusual way to spend his millions in winnings from tournaments and sponsorships - he is buying up the world's supply of an expensive cheese made from donkeys.

The Serbian star, who is the current Australian Open winner and will finish the year at the top of the ATP rankings, has bought up all of the cheese produced in his home country, which is known as pule, according to Britain's Daily Telegraph. The tennis star has snatched up the pricey cheese, which can cost over $500 per pound, for a chain of restaurants he is opening.

Pule, a smoked donkey's milk cheese that comes in a white, crumbly form, comes with such a high price tag because one kilogram of the delicious delicacy requires 25 liters of donkey milk.

The cheese is produced in the Serbian town of Zasavica at a farm that bears the same name as the town. Slobodan Simic, the manager, told the Telegraph that the milk used in the cheese was raised on one of Serbia's most famous wildlife and nature reserves.

He added that he is pleased to be in business with Djokovic, one of Serbia's biggest global stars. He has sold him his farm's entire year's supply.

"It will save a lot of effort having to deal with various restaurants, with only one customer buying the lot we don't have to worry too much about salesmen, he said, "It is a great vote of confidence as well in what we do here."

EliSter 12-10-2012 05:11 PM

Re: Nole Buys World's Supply of Donkey Cheese

lol

Sri 12-10-2012 05:15 PM

I've never had donkey cheese, must be good!

Trollicki 12-10-2012 05:18 PM

They say it tastes like ass.

Sri 12-10-2012 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trollicki (Post 12602762)

That's clever

Kat_YYZ 12-10-2012 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trollicki (Post 12602762)

:haha:

Is it gluten-free? :eek:

Trollicki 12-10-2012 06:27 PM

Yup. Apparently Nole plans on making gluten-free burritos, sprinkled with this cheese.

KarlyM 12-11-2012 12:59 AM

When I first read this, I thought it was an article by The Onion. :lol:

MaxPower 12-11-2012 01:24 AM

I'm not a serbian businessman but how is he supposed to make money with this investment when he pays $500/pound?

That's approx 8000kr/kilogram. I pay about 100kr/kg for my cheese :) (cow)

MTwEeZi 12-11-2012 01:39 AM

People are starving in Africa and Serbians are paying $500/lb for donkey cheese.

Nathaliia 12-11-2012 02:48 AM

how about the GOAT cheese?

Alex999 12-11-2012 03:28 AM

I already open a thread about this but it disappeared. apparently this donkey cheese is super healthy. low fat, high in healthy protein, has 35x more vitamin C than regular cheese and it supposed to taste like no other cheese. it will be served in Nole's chain of restaurants. I guess he is a businessman and he knows what he is doing.

tangerine_dream 12-11-2012 03:41 AM

Smile and say "Donkey Cheese!"

:superlol: Funniest tennis news I've heard all year. I can't wait to see how many donkey cheese jokes MTF comes up with next year.

Alex999 12-11-2012 04:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tangerine_dream (Post 12603518)
Smile and say "Donkey Cheese!"

:superlol: Funniest tennis news I've heard all year. I can't wait to see how many donkey cheese jokes MTF comes up with next year.

Fed has his GOAT cheese, Nole has donkey cheese. Donkey cheese > Goat cheese ;):D

Time Violation 12-11-2012 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaxPower (Post 12603427)
I'm not a serbian businessman but how is he supposed to make money with this investment when he pays $500/pound?

That's approx 8000kr/kilogram. I pay about 100kr/kg for my cheese :) (cow)

It's probably just good marketing for his restaurant chain, I doubt he's buying that in order to make profit. Besides, the cheese is made on a farm in a small village in Serbia, so that's also helping the farm and the village's economy I guess, so all good :)