MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   General Messages (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Predict year end rankings 2016 (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=213807)

BedsheetRubber92 12-10-2012 10:41 AM

Predict year end rankings 2016
 
The Rio Olympics having just gone down in history as the most prestigious tennis event in history, 8 players battle it out to make the year end championships grand slam finali and the year end rankings. Who do you think makes it? My prediction:

1: Novak Djokovic
2: Rodger Federer
3: Andy Murray
4: Rafael Nadal
5: David Ferrer
6: Tomas Berdych
7: Juan Martin Del Potro
8: Jo-Wilfred Tsonga

Mark Lenders 12-10-2012 10:46 AM

Re: Predict year end rankings 2016
 
1.Ferrer
2.Federer
3.Nalbandian
4.Tomic
5.Haas
6.Goffin
7.Hewitt
8.Murray

BedsheetRubber92 12-10-2012 10:55 AM

Re: Predict year end rankings 2016
 
I've changed my mind

1:Tomic

All others will be forgotten

Slasher1985 12-10-2012 10:57 AM

Re: Predict year end rankings 2016
 
1. Goffin
2. Quinzi
3. Berlocq
4. Djokovic
5. Nishikori
6. Murray
7. Raonic
8. Johnny Groove

Federer-Fan 12-10-2012 10:58 AM

Re: Predict year end rankings 2016
 
Very tough to say...

1 Djokovic
2 Nishikori
3 Del Potro
4 Raonic
5 Murray
6 Federer
7 Tsonga
8 Goffin

come2papa 12-10-2012 11:03 AM

Re: Predict year end rankings 2016
 
1 Djokovic
2 Murray
3 Raonic
4 someone who is 15 or 16 years old atm
5 Del Potro
6 Nishikori
7 someone who is 15 or 16 years old atm
8 someone who is 15 or 16 years old atm

dinkulpus 12-10-2012 11:11 AM

Re: Predict year end rankings 2016
 
1. Dimitrov
2. Goffin
3. Tomic
4. Federer
5. Nadal
6. Djokovic
7. Nishikori
8. Raonic

BedsheetRubber92 12-10-2012 11:18 AM

Re: Predict year end rankings 2016
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by come2papa (Post 12602509)
someone who is 15 or 16 years old atm

I find that highly unlikely. The best player in the world is currently 30 and he continues to age at an alarming rate. If my current projections are accurate, he will be 34 at the end of 2016 and will increase the average age of players in the top 8, making it impossible that there would be a 20 year old among the tennis elite.

come2papa 12-10-2012 11:23 AM

Re: Predict year end rankings 2016
 
Both Federer and Nadal will retire by 2016. I can definitely see some 20 year old making a good run since current young players dont have much potential...Maybe 3 of them in top 10 is too much but there will be 1 or 2 for sure.

EliSter 12-10-2012 11:29 AM

Re: Predict year end rankings 2016
 
Olderer as No.1 for sure. After winning OG in wheelchairs.

Federer in 2 12-10-2012 11:36 AM

Re: Predict year end rankings 2016
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by EliSter (Post 12602529)
Olderer as No.1 for sure. After winning OG in wheelchairs.

Ban please.

atennisfan 12-10-2012 11:40 AM

Re: Predict year end rankings 2016
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by BedsheetRubber92 (Post 12602519)
I find that highly unlikely. The best player in the world is currently 30 and he continues to age at an alarming rate. If my current projections are accurate, he will be 34 at the end of 2016 and will increase the average age of players in the top 8, making it impossible that there would be a 20 year old among the tennis elite.

Ferrer is the best player in the world??????????????????????????

MOhero 12-10-2012 11:43 AM

Re: Predict year end rankings 2016
 
1. Miloš Raonić (CAN,25)
2. Andy Murray (GBR,29)
3. Kei Nishikori (JPN,26)
4. David Goffin (BEL,26)
5. Albert Ramos (ESP,28)
6. Jerzy Janowicz (POL,26)
7. Guillaume Rufin (FRA,26)
8. Denis Kudla (USA,24)
9. Marinko Matošević (AUS,31)
10. Damir Džumhur (BIH, 26)

Litotes 12-10-2012 12:06 PM

Re: Predict year end rankings 2016
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by atennisfan (Post 12602535)
Ferrer is the best player in the world??????????????????????????

Certainly. You didn't miss this, did you?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Lenders (Post 12592389)
Contrary to what some silly threads recently springing in GM might suggest, the best player of 2012 was the man in my avatar.

David Ferrer has the most wins of anyone on tour with 76 and also the most titles with 7. He was also the only man to win titles on all surfaces: clay, grass, outdoor hard and indoor hard, showing his superior versatility compared to the field. I know he was ranked only #5, but what faith can we have in a ranking system that somehow believes there are four players better than the one who won the most matches and tournaments throughout the year?

It's all about winning and in 2012 no one did that better and more often than Ferrer. Not even formidable titans of the game like Llodra and Janowicz could stop this juggernaut :worship:


When even Mark Lenders realizes Ferrer is best, then there can be no doubt, can there?

Litotes 12-10-2012 12:07 PM

Re: Predict year end rankings 2016
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by BedsheetRubber92 (Post 12602492)
The Rio Olympics having just gone down in history as the most prestigious tennis event in history, 8 players battle it out to make the year end championships grand slam finali and the year end rankings. Who do you think makes it? My prediction:

1: Novak Djokovic
2: Rodger Federer
3: Andy Murray
4: Rafael Nadal
5: David Ferrer
6: Tomas Berdych
7: Juan Martin Del Potro
8: Jo-Wilfred Tsonga

That is precisely the same list we have today. No change for four years? I suppose it's possible, but not likely...


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:29 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.