MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   Non-Tennis (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Capitalist pharmaceutical companies bought east germans to be used as guinea pigs (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=213800)

abraxas21 12-10-2012 02:11 AM

Capitalist pharmaceutical companies bought east germans to be used as guinea pigs
 
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...s-8386847.html

buddyholly 12-11-2012 10:29 PM

Re: Capitalist pharmaceutical companies bought east germans to be used as guinea pigs
 
Thank you for revealing the depths to which socialists will sink for a capitalist dollar.

abraxas21 12-12-2012 03:12 PM

Re: Capitalist pharmaceutical companies bought east germans to be used as guinea pigs
 
same could be said about the companies. willing to experiment with humans in order to develop new products in order to make more profits. 2 faces of the same coin and all that.

east germany was never truly socialist anyhow.

buddyholly 12-12-2012 08:24 PM

Re: Capitalist pharmaceutical companies bought east germans to be used as guinea pigs
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by abraxas21 (Post 12604834)

east germany was never truly socialist anyhow.

Knew you would say that. You point out all the countries that were not really socialist, but never point out an example of a successful one that was.

buddyholly 12-12-2012 08:27 PM

Re: Capitalist pharmaceutical companies bought east germans to be used as guinea pigs
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by abraxas21 (Post 12604834)
same could be said about the companies. willing to experiment with humans in order to develop new products in order to make more profits. 2 faces of the same coin and all that.

There was not much in that report, actually. The man who died because he did not get Ramipril? So the pharma company is to be blamed for not giving everyone a drug that was being tested and whose effectiveness was not yet known? Non-story, I think.

What would the state of medicine be today if new drugs could never be given to anyone?

abraxas21 12-12-2012 10:10 PM

Re: Capitalist pharmaceutical companies bought east germans to be used as guinea pigs
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by buddyholly (Post 12605227)
There was not much in that report, actually. The man who died because he did not get Ramipril? So the pharma company is to be blamed for not giving everyone a drug that was being tested and whose effectiveness was not yet known? Non-story, I think.

What would the state of medicine be today if new drugs could never be given to anyone?

you don't see anything wrong with companies paying thousands to a foreign gvt to administer experimental drugs to human beings without their consent and directly tricking them by asserting they were being given other type of drugs?

now i see why you're so keen on defending capitalism. your moral compass is as distorted as the one of any major company.

as for drug development, i'm all for it. but for starters it needs to require the direct and open consent of the patient and the risks must be evaluated by the company, the patient and also, preferably imo, by a supervising gvt medical agency.

abraxas21 12-12-2012 10:12 PM

Re: Capitalist pharmaceutical companies bought east germans to be used as guinea pigs
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by buddyholly (Post 12605221)
Knew you would say that. You point out all the countries that were not really socialist, but never point out an example of a successful one that was.

most countries haven't tried it and the ones that have are usually boycotted by the right wing forces. see my country in '73 as an example.

buddyholly 12-13-2012 12:06 AM

Re: Capitalist pharmaceutical companies bought east germans to be used as guinea pigs
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by abraxas21 (Post 12605392)
as for drug development, i'm all for it. but for starters it needs to require the direct and open consent of the patient and the risks must be evaluated by the company, the patient and also, preferably imo, by a supervising gvt medical agency.

The East German socialist government ''owned'' the East Germans and made a contract. That's how socialism works. You belong to the state.
Check their Olympic recordfrom which it follows that I can say: now I see why you are defending socialism. Your moral compass is broken.

Time Violation 12-13-2012 09:20 AM

Re: Capitalist pharmaceutical companies bought east germans to be used as guinea pigs
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by buddyholly (Post 12604261)
Thank you for revealing the depths to which socialists will sink for a capitalist dollar.

Grass is green, water is wet :)


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:09 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.