MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   Non-Tennis (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Does Christmas Piss Anyone Else Off? (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=213713)

Freak3yman84 12-04-2012 11:56 PM

Does Christmas Piss Anyone Else Off?
 
I'm talking with non-Christian people who live in a Christian society.

It's nothing better than racism. It's the same concept. Leave a whole group of people out, and then rub it in their faces.

The constant advertising, the non-stop songs, the teachers asking kids what they got for "Christmas" (which excludes other holidays)

Why is this allowed in today's society?

I'm sure I'm not the only one pissed off. I know nothing about it will change in my lifetime, but I just felt the need to write this up. If I wrote this in an academic paper I would most likely get in trouble.

Are there any Christians who would care to refute?

Discuss.

Orka_n 12-05-2012 12:01 AM

Re: Does Christmas Piss Anyone Else Off?
 
Christmas does not piss me off. I like it.

Freak3yman84 12-05-2012 12:04 AM

Re: Does Christmas Piss Anyone Else Off?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Orka_n (Post 12593592)
Christmas does not piss me off. I like it.

Non-Christian, correct?

The Prince 12-05-2012 12:04 AM

Re: Does Christmas Piss Anyone Else Off?
 
I'm a pretty liberal Christian, and I love Christmas.

Hell, I don't think it makes a difference what faith you belong to, and how strongly you feel about it. You don't have to be Christian to appreciate the feel-good factor that Christmas brings to any community. It's genuinely lovely.

Freak3yman84 12-05-2012 12:06 AM

Re: Does Christmas Piss Anyone Else Off?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bulldog (Post 12593597)
I'm a pretty liberal Christian, and I love Christmas.

Hell, I don't think it makes a difference what faith you belong to, and how strongly you feel about it. You don't have to be Christian to appreciate the feel-good factor that Christmas brings to any community. It's genuinely lovely.

In what way does it bring a "feel-good factor"? Maybe for Christians it does, but not for the other religions. It probably is a damn good holiday, but it makes it feel worse to non-Christians such as myself who don't get to experience it while everyone else talks/brags about it for 2-3 months straight.

GOATsol 12-05-2012 12:10 AM

Re: Does Christmas Piss Anyone Else Off?
 
i'm not christian and i like christmas

Orange Wombat 12-05-2012 12:11 AM

Re: Does Christmas Piss Anyone Else Off?
 
I am not Christian at all, and neither is my background, yet I love Christmas.

I love the Christmas songs, and the Christmas lights on all the houses. I love the fact that we get a winter break because of it, and presents :p, and just the general spirit of everyone. It's really fun, to be honest. My philosophy is just to embrace the festivities instead of reject it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freak3yman84 (Post 12593602)
In what way does it bring a "feel-good factor"? Maybe for Christians it does, but not for the other religions. It probably is a damn good holiday, but it makes it feel worse to non-Christians such as myself who don't get to experience it while everyone else talks/brags about it for 2-3 months straight.

Not true.

The Prince 12-05-2012 12:12 AM

Re: Does Christmas Piss Anyone Else Off?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Freak3yman84 (Post 12593602)
In what way does it bring a "feel-good factor"? Maybe for Christians it does, but not for the other religions. It probably is a damn good holiday, but it makes it feel worse to non-Christians such as myself who don't get to experience it while everyone else talks/brags about it for 2-3 months straight.

Listen up. I don't argue with the fact that Christmas is not as accessible for other religions as it is for Christians. The clue is in the name.

However, I think I am right in saying most people of other religions partake in the present swapping tradition. They have a nice meal on Christmas. Surely that counts as a 'feel-good factor'? Obviously there will always be Scrooges, not saying there is anything wrong with being one, but most people, regardless of religion, enjoy Christmas and embrace that special spirit it brings.

Well done for posting a good thread for once, despite it being a rant, which I don't really mind. :yeah:

Freak3yman84 12-05-2012 12:16 AM

Re: Does Christmas Piss Anyone Else Off?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bulldog (Post 12593619)
Listen up. I don't argue with the fact that Christmas is not as accessible for other religions as it is for Christians. The clue is in the name.

However, I think I am right in saying most people of other religions partake in the present swapping tradition. They have a nice meal on Christmas. Surely that counts as a 'feel-good factor'? Obviously there will always be Scrooges, not saying there is anything wrong with being one, but most people, regardless of religion, enjoy Christmas and embrace that special spirit it brings.

Well done for posting a good thread for once, despite it being a rant, which I don't really mind. :yeah:

I could care less about the present swapping, as nearly every other religion is just as guilty in doing so. But the fact that you say most people who aren't Christian enjoy the special spirit it brings is ridiculous. It doesn't. I might even dare to say that you're being very biased here.

Freak3yman84 12-05-2012 12:17 AM

Re: Does Christmas Piss Anyone Else Off?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Orange Wombat (Post 12593611)
I am not Christian at all, and neither is my background, yet I love Christmas.

I love the Christmas songs, and the Christmas lights on all the houses. I love the fact that we get a winter break because of it, and presents :p, and just the general spirit of everyone. It's really fun, to be honest. My philosophy is just to embrace the festivities instead of reject it.



Not true.

Let me rephrase, "people who don't celebrate it" rather than non-Christians.

Freak3yman84 12-05-2012 12:17 AM

Re: Does Christmas Piss Anyone Else Off?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by GOATsol (Post 12593609)
i'm not christian and i like christmas

Do you celebrate it?

The Prince 12-05-2012 12:18 AM

Re: Does Christmas Piss Anyone Else Off?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Freak3yman84 (Post 12593627)
I could care less about the present swapping, as nearly every other religion is just as guilty in doing so. But the fact that you say most people who aren't Christian enjoy the special spirit it brings is ridiculous. It doesn't. I might even dare to say that you're being very biased here.

Your opinion on its own, even from a non-Christian persoective, doesn't reflect non-Christian views in general. Not everybody thinks like you. :)

How am I being biased? :lol:

Orange Wombat 12-05-2012 12:20 AM

Re: Does Christmas Piss Anyone Else Off?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Freak3yman84 (Post 12593627)
I could care less about the present swapping, as nearly every other religion is just as guilty in doing so. But the fact that you say most people who aren't Christian enjoy the special spirit it brings is ridiculous. It doesn't. I might even dare to say that you're being very biased here.

You are a Jew right? I live in a highly-populated Jewish area (probably as many Jews as Christians), and many of them don't celebrate Christmas. But it doesn't piss them off, it just encourages them to make jokes about how Hanukkah is better.

Certinfy 12-05-2012 12:20 AM

Re: Does Christmas Piss Anyone Else Off?
 
No. But then I am a Christian.

Freak3yman84 12-05-2012 12:20 AM

Re: Does Christmas Piss Anyone Else Off?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bulldog (Post 12593635)
Your opinion on its own, even from a non-Christian persoective, doesn't reflect non-Christian views in general. Not everybody thinks like you. :)

How am I being biased? :lol:

I never said it did, but I'm just saying it must piss a lot of people who don't celebrate off.

Because you're saying that people who don't celebrate it still enjoy its "feel-good" atmosphere, but you've never been in that situation so it's a blind statement. Just because it makes you feel that way doesn't necessarily mean that a lot of non-celebraters do.


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:04 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.