MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   Tennis Tipping (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=532)
-   -   TT Interactive Rankings & Point Breakdown @ tennistipping.zz.mu (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=213483)

sfar 11-27-2012 09:38 PM

TT Interactive Rankings & Point Breakdown @ tennistipping.zz.mu

You can find the TT Interactive Rankings page in the following web site:

tennistipping.zz.mu

Requirements:

- Java Runtime Environment. If you don't know if you have Java, follow these steps:
  1. In Windows Desktop, press the Start button at the bottom left corner of the screen.
  2. Select the 'Run' option.
  3. Type 'cmd' and press Ok. The command window pops up.
  4. Type 'java' in the command window.
  5. If the following message appears: 'java is not recognized as a command' then you don't have Java installed. You must install it from here: Download Java
- Recommended screen resolution: 1280x1024 or higher.

Web Description:

Once you enter the web, the rankings will be loaded in the left hand side table.

Once the list is loaded, you can check the previewed ranking for the next 5 playing weeks, with the difference between the week selected and the current week.

If you press on a player row in the left hand side table, the point breakdown will be displayed in the right hand side table. You can also search the player by entering it in the Search textbox.

You can order the point breakdown by week, tournament name and points.

Currently the ranking is only available for singles and it does not coincide with the official ranking published by Gavnich77. Therefore, I ask you all to collaborate to detect what is wrong in the rankings by posting any possible bug detected.

This is a first version and many improvements have to be made, but I hope you all like it.

ToDo list:

sfar 11-27-2012 09:39 PM

Re: Unofficial TT Live Rankings

Reserved 1

sfar 11-27-2012 09:40 PM

Reserved 2

AdeyC 11-27-2012 09:53 PM

Lost for words Sergio - it's fantastic, and I'm having so many ideas come in my mind over this now ;) :worship:

sfar 11-27-2012 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AdeyC (Post 12583081)
Lost for words Sergio - it's fantastic, and I'm having so many ideas come in my mind over this now ;) :worship:

Yes, I'm expecting your managed tournaments using this to make some live stats or something similar, can't wait for that!!

I hope that before the season starts, these ranks will match Gavin's ranks and people can use it more accurately.

Goldenoldie 11-27-2012 10:13 PM

Actually quite frightening! All those point free tournaments = first round exits = no consistency.

mateusz2904 11-28-2012 08:19 AM

Great job Sergio! :yeah:

fsilva 11-28-2012 09:34 AM

Sérgio!!! Bolas!! Fantástico!! E para quando o de pares? :D

sfar 11-28-2012 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fsilva (Post 12583666)
Sérgio!!! Bolas!! Fantástico!! E para quando o de pares? :D

Quando houver tempo... :rolleyes:

Tens bem o teu ranking e os teus torneios? Falta ou sobra alguma coisa? Precisso de toda a informação que possam dar para que os pontos e o ranking sejam o mais exactos possiveis.

Hidalgo 11-28-2012 10:27 AM

i have ranking №69
69 (69) Hidalgo(RUS)......................748 ...36 ...9 ...9 ...0

but in this Unofficial TT Live Rankings:( i have ranking №73 and only 718 pts. WHY?

sfar 11-28-2012 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hidalgo (Post 12583694)
i have ranking №69
69 (69) Hidalgo(RUS)......................748 ...36 ...9 ...9 ...0

but in this Unofficial TT Live Rankings:( i have ranking №73. WHY?

That's why I want you all to help me out sorting the possible missing tournaments or wrongly given points.

I've PM'd Gavnich77 to see if he can help out, I hope I have it corrected soon.

AdeyC 11-28-2012 11:10 AM

Just remembered - We had a couple of events earlier in the year where the wrong points were put on front pages for some challengers - could that have something to do with it?

fsilva 11-28-2012 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sfar (Post 12583673)
Quando houver tempo... :rolleyes:

Tens bem o teu ranking e os teus torneios? Falta ou sobra alguma coisa? Precisso de toda a informação que possam dar para que os pontos e o ranking sejam o mais exactos possiveis.

Vou investigar em casa... Aqui no escritório não tenho o meu excel com os resultados e os pontos... Depois digo qq coisa!

Goldenoldie 11-28-2012 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goldenoldie (Post 12583115)
Actually quite frightening! All those point free tournaments = first round exits = no consistency.

I can't believe it! Somebody sent me a bad rep for poking fun at myself!

Tremendous work by the way.

sfar 11-28-2012 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fsilva (Post 12583719)
Vou investigar em casa... Aqui no escritório não tenho o meu excel com os resultados e os pontos... Depois digo qq coisa!

Acabo de ver que os teus pontos coincidem e até o teu ranking, não acho que possas fazer muito... :rolleyes: