MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   Exhibition events (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=90)
-   -   Guga defeats Nole on Clay 7-6 7-5 (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=213113)

Ilovetheblues_86 11-17-2012 09:47 PM

Guga defeats Nole on Clay 7-6 7-5

The best player on clay in the decade of 90's beat the best hard courter of the 2010's, as expected.

Chris Kuerten 11-17-2012 10:08 PM

Re: Guga defeats Nole on Clay 7-6 7-5

Expected, Djokovic can't hang with real legends from a strong era.

Good for the game.

The Prince 11-18-2012 12:27 AM

Amazing result. It just proves that while he maybe number one right now, if he had been playing in the previous generation, he would have been lucky to be top ten.

I mean, come on, beaten by a retired 36 year-old? :help:

;) Looks like they had a lot of fun, and I'm happy for the crowd. :)

Seriously,

Mountaindewslave 11-18-2012 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bulldog (Post 12566370)
Amazing result. It just proves that while he maybe number one right now, if he had been playing in the previous generation, he would have been lucky to be top ten.

I mean, come on, beaten by a retired 36 year-old? :help:

;) Looks like they had a lot of fun, and I'm happy for the crowd. :)

Seriously,

you've got to understand that Exhibition's are more fun and entertaining the crowd.... no one takes them seriously enough to really try. these two were playing funky shots, dancing at moments, I MEAN DANCING. if they're dancing around the court you can take it all with a grain of salt
I don't even like Djokovic much but it's obvious for good spirit he probably let Kuerton win at his home town exhibition because the crowd would be so excited to see it

it's like the Roddick-Raonic exhibition the other day that Roddick won- there were screwing around the whole time, Roddick was talking to people in the crowd nonstop etc, but it can be taken with a grain of salt

fun time though, love Kuerton and it was good spirited of Djokovic to go to South America to excite the crowds there who rarely get to see the likes of him

Chris Kuerten 11-18-2012 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mountaindewslave (Post 12568086)
you've got to understand that Exhibition's are more fun and entertaining the crowd.... no one takes them seriously enough to really try. these two were playing funky shots, dancing at moments, I MEAN DANCING. if they're dancing around the court you can take it all with a grain of salt
I don't even like Djokovic much but it's obvious for good spirit he probably let Kuerton win at his home town exhibition because the crowd would be so excited to see it

it's like the Roddick-Raonic exhibition the other day that Roddick won- there were screwing around the whole time, Roddick was talking to people in the crowd nonstop etc, but it can be taken with a grain of salt

fun time though, love Kuerton and it was good spirited of Djokovic to go to South America to excite the crowds there who rarely get to see the likes of him

Lestat 12-06-2012 06:11 PM

expected, true Legend this Guga.