MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   Non-Tennis (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Is an attention seeker automatically an arseclown? (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=213072)

Roger the Dodger 11-16-2012 05:38 PM

Is an attention seeker automatically an arseclown?

Its a technical question, I know. But I could use some enlightenment.

Grinder 11-16-2012 05:43 PM

Re: Is an attention seeker automatically an arseclown?

An attention seeker on a tennis forum is probably more of a introverted sociopath in real life and fills the void for social interaction by going overboard online. The advantage of anonymity makes people far more courageous and blunt than they would be in person.

abraxas21 11-16-2012 06:06 PM

they are in a way but not the type of clowns the ACC deserves.

Freak3yman84 11-16-2012 06:07 PM

No such thing as an attention seeker ffs!

Time Violation 11-16-2012 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grinder (Post 12564017)
An attention seeker on a tennis forum is probably more of a introverted sociopath in real life and fills the void for social interaction by going overboard online. The advantage of anonymity makes people far more courageous and blunt than they would be in person.

Great analysis :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roger the Dodger (Post 12564013)

Technically probably yes, but depends a lot on his MO. Nothing worse than a boring/repetitive clown.

Roger the Dodger 11-16-2012 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by abraxas21 (Post 12564050)
they are in a way but not the type of clowns the ACC deserves.

sapeod and Freakyman made it far in the seeding creating attention hogging threads.

FiloV on the other hand is often accused of attention hogging though he only posts good news from around the world.

In any event, they are all going pretty high this year.

EliSter 11-16-2012 06:17 PM

Depends, if person does it to get atention and 'troll' then no. But if person is really convinced in the things they write and that pattern is reapiting from year to year then yes thats arseclowning and sad. You can make difference betwean those 2 types of posters fairly easy after few days.

Sapeod 11-16-2012 06:18 PM

It depends on what type of attention seeker they are. Attention seekers who suddenly act stupid around ACC time and are obviously trying to fish for votes don't deserve to be in the draw, let alone win.

Attention seekers in general who don't change deserve to win a few rounds depending on how bad they are, but like I said, they are not title worthy.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Roger the Dodger (Post 12564069)
sapeod

Bringing me up in a thread about attention seeking. I should have known this would happen sooner or later as soon as I saw the title. I'm not even going to bother arguing with you, it's not worthy my time.

Orange Wombat 11-16-2012 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grinder (Post 12564017)

Or it could be an extremely extroverted person who feels like they still don't get enough attention in real life, so they feel the need to be even more outrageous.

GOAT = Fed 11-16-2012 07:48 PM

I can confirm I am the attention seeker.

not serious.

MalwareDie 11-16-2012 08:30 PM

The answer is no.

Roger the Dodger 11-18-2012 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sapeod (Post 12564076)
Bringing me up in a thread about attention seeking. I should have known this would happen sooner or later as soon as I saw the title. I'm not even going to bother arguing with you, it's not worthy my time.

Many believe you are the Attention Seeking Club's mascot.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orange Wombat (Post 12564121)
Or it could be an extremely extroverted person who feels like they still don't get enough attention in real life, so they feel the need to be even more outrageous.

This. Extroverts in life are likely to be even more extrovert on the internet as well.

Introverts are likely to have doubts opening up even on the net. The louder posters on MTF are, I am pretty sure quite open-mouthed (though not astoundingly vulgar) in real life as well.

Posters like GlennM, Corey Feldman, Looner, NTG are extroverts in the real world. An introvert opening up on internet would be something like Commander Data or Clay Death.

Rafa = Fed Killa 11-18-2012 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roger the Dodger (Post 12564013)

Yes, you are an arseclown.

End of thread.

Roger the Dodger 11-18-2012 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rafa = Fed Killa (Post 12567367)
Yes, you are an arseclown.

End of thread.

Good on you to crawl out of the woodwork right in time for your ACC Lifetime achievement award.

:yeah:

Time Violation 11-18-2012 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roger the Dodger (Post 12567010)
Posters like GlennM, Corey Feldman, Looner, NTG are extroverts in the real world. An introvert opening up on internet would be something like Commander Data or Clay Death.

Unless you personally know each of them, that's just guessing, you could be completely off the mark :)