MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   Non-Tennis (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Sentimental Items (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=212844)

Freak3yman84 11-12-2012 03:27 AM

Sentimental Items

Well, yesterday my brother got in a hit and run (don't worry, he's fine but his car was totaled). He drove my grandparents' old car, and it was handed down to him. Well I was thinking about all of the memories I had with that car, driving with my brother and my grandparents. I then realized that as silly as it was, that car meant something to me and my family. As of yesterday, the car is gone and no one will ever use it again. I'm certainly not making a sob story, because it's far from sad, but I just wanted to share.

So in this thread talk about sentimental item(s) that have a special place in your heart :)

Filo V. 11-12-2012 04:05 AM

Re: Sentimental Items

That's not a silly thing to be sad about, when you have memories and an attachment to something, it's hard to let go in such an abrupt way. So that's a big thing.

Personally, though, I can't think of many sentimental items I have because I don't get attached to things easily. Plus I lose things very easily before I get attached to them :lol:

Pirata. 11-12-2012 04:37 AM

I have a baby doll and a stuffed tiger I got as gifts from when I was first born. I still keep them with me :awww:

HKz 11-12-2012 05:45 AM

My very first tennis racket. It was an old 70s wooden racket from my parents. I have it framed in my living room, looks really legit like a true piece of history :p

My nylon guitar. Wasn't my first guitar, but it was my mom's guitar for several decades. I have 10+ guitars now, but that one has the most meaning to me.

Those two are probably the most sentimental things I own. I try not to keep old stuff in general, since much of it is unfashionable, tacky or not very useful in today's world, lol.. So everything else has either been tossed (of course those are really pointless stuff) or stored at my parents' house.

Punky 11-12-2012 05:53 AM

I have a baby turtle doll who I for from one of my best friend who was on a vacation across the word and thought about me, I got a guitar I got from my captain in the army, a few books from friends, a necklace of star I'd David that I got from my mom and I remove only when I fly outside of Israel, a few letters from ppl, things I got from traveling in the world and 6000 pictures...

BroTree123 11-12-2012 07:26 AM

A Mr. Tooty watch. The joy and laughter I used to get from Mr. Tooty making an array of fart sounds. Brings back childhood memories.

Orange Wombat 11-12-2012 08:53 PM

:) Well, this may sound obvious, but our old photo album

Edda 11-13-2012 01:17 AM

Pictures of my cats, including my first Siamese, Samantha.

GOATsol 11-13-2012 01:19 AM

Home videos with my grandparents in them. Recently found out my favorite grandfather is really ill, and he lives in India so I won't get to see him before he passes. :(

Punky 11-13-2012 05:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GOATsol (Post 12556369)
Home videos with my grandparents in them. Recently found out my favorite grandfather is really ill, and he lives in India so I won't get to see him before he passes. :(

That is sad, I'm really sorry...

Litotes 11-13-2012 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GOATsol (Post 12556369)

That's very sad :sad: I feel for you.