MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   Non-Tennis (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   THE Country Celebration Thread (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=212727)

Freak3yman84 11-09-2012 09:28 PM

THE Country Celebration Thread
 
Well a good friend of mine (Orange Wombat) gave me this idea (he would've posted this, but he had to leave). This will be moved to non-tennis, but it belongs in GM so that more people will see it. Today is national Indonesia day, and as a sign of respect me and Orange Wombat have switched our flags to Indonesia. When people think of the world, they rarely think of Indonesia and as a result Indonesia doesn't get the respect it deserves. So just take this day to show a sign of respect and switch your flag to Indonesia.

No, this is not a 'trolling attempt', but rather showing respect. Have fun all :)



2013 Flag Season
January- Sudan
February- Saint Lucia
March- Bosnia and Herzegovina
April- Syria
May- Israel
June- Democratic Republic of the Congo
July- São Tomé and Príncipe
August- Burkina Faso
September- Saint Kitts and Nevis
October- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
November- Yemen
December- Iceland

Topspindoctor 11-09-2012 09:47 PM

Re: Indonesia Day
 
I wish countries were more bold with their flags. This one, as well as many others are boring. Having a naked girl drinking beer as your flag would instantly triple the number of immigrants to that country, regardless of its economic state :yeah:

Freak3yman84 11-09-2012 09:51 PM

Re: Indonesia Day
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Topspindoctor (Post 12545851)
I wish countries were more bold with their flags. This one, as well as many others are boring. Having a naked girl drinking beer as your flag would instantly triple the number of immigrants to that country, regardless of its economic state :yeah:

This isn't about the flag, but rather the country itself. Show some respect maan.

Topspindoctor 11-09-2012 10:03 PM

Re: Indonesia Day
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Freak3yman84 (Post 12545861)
This isn't about the flag, but rather the country itself. Show some respect maan.

Respect is earned, not freely given. Did Indonesia send me money to my bank account? Did they promise to provide an all expense paid trip to Indonesia, hookers included? Did they invent some new, very potent and cheap liquor?

No, they did none of those things. So for now something as huge as changing my flag, is not in my plans :bigwave:

Freak3yman84 11-09-2012 10:08 PM

Re: Indonesia Day
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Topspindoctor (Post 12545896)
Respect is earned, not freely given. Did Indonesia send me money to my bank account? Did they promise to provide an all expense paid trip to Indonesia, hookers included? Did they invent some new, very potent and cheap liquor?

No, they did none of those things. So for now something as huge as changing my flag, is not in my plans :bigwave:

No, No, Maybe? :shrug:

It's not that big :lol: Just for one day, hell tomorrow I'll change to Australia for bring Llyeton Hewitt up!

Slasher1985 11-09-2012 10:25 PM

Re: Indonesia Day
 
I do have to ask. Why Indonesia? Or rather, why just Indonesia? There's plenty of countries around the world. Is it because of sambal or nasi timbel? And isn't Indonesia Day on August 17th?:D

Freak3yman84 11-09-2012 10:34 PM

Re: Indonesia Day
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Slasher1985 (Post 12545931)
I do have to ask. Why Indonesia? Or rather, why just Indonesia? There's plenty of countries around the world. Is it because of sambal or nasi timbel? And isn't Indonesia Day on August 17th?:D

It's on August 17th yes, but I didn't want to wait a whole year for this. So why not today? :shrug:

HKz 11-09-2012 11:05 PM

Re: Indonesia Day
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Freak3yman84 (Post 12545945)
It's on August 17th yes, but I didn't want to wait a whole year for this. So why not today? :shrug:

:o

Freak3yman84 11-09-2012 11:08 PM

Re: Indonesia Day
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by HKz (Post 12546012)
:o

What's the matter maan? :wavey:

HKz 11-09-2012 11:10 PM

Re: Indonesia Day
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Freak3yman84 (Post 12546017)
What's the matter maan? :wavey:

As he just pointed out, you could have at least made a much more logical thread in regards to the day.. Wikipedia helps.

Freak3yman84 11-09-2012 11:14 PM

Re: Indonesia Day
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by HKz (Post 12546022)
As he just pointed out, you could have at least made a much more logical thread in regards to the day.. Wikipedia helps.

No. Indonesia deserves respect today, I'm a very impatient person maan.

Slasher1985 11-09-2012 11:29 PM

Re: Indonesia Day
 
Well, the war for independence in Indonesia did start today, but if we are to celebrate Indonesia day today, than we must celebrate Angola Day/Poland Day tomorrow. It would be only fair...:D

And we didn't celebrate Cambodia Day yesterday... for shame...

Freak3yman84 11-09-2012 11:33 PM

Re: Indonesia Day
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Slasher1985 (Post 12546050)
Well, the war for independence in Indonesia did start today, but if we are to celebrate Indonesia day today, than we must celebrate Angola Day tomorrow. It would be only fair...:D

And we didn't celebrate Cambodia Day yesterday... for shame...

Exactly! Sure thing, Angola tomorrow.

We can make that one off when there's a day where there are no countries to celebrate :shrug:

Let's make this the country celebration thread! You in maan? :wavey:

Slasher1985 11-09-2012 11:35 PM

Re: Indonesia Day
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Freak3yman84 (Post 12546057)
Let's make this the country celebration thread! You in maan? :wavey:

Why not? This is an international forum, and such a thread doesn't exist. It would also be nice to wish people Happy National Day while their country is celebrating.:D

Slasher1985 11-09-2012 11:38 PM

Re: Indonesia Day
 
Here is more about what is commemorated in Indonesia on November 10:

Quote:

10 November: At dawn, following Mallaby's death the previous month, British troops begin a punitive sweep through Surabaya under the cover of naval and air bombardment, but meet fanatical resistance. The city is conquered in three days, but fighting continues for three weeks. At least 6,000 Indonesians die and thousands flee. 10 November is now commemorated in Indonesia as Heroes’ Day.


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:36 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.