MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   General Messages (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   New Era for Tennis will begin once a YOUNG BLOOD comes in and wins a slam. (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=212640)

Kowchi 11-07-2012 05:23 PM

New Era for Tennis will begin once a YOUNG BLOOD comes in and wins a slam.

Really though, the next 5-6 years we may have to get used to Murray-Djoko, both 25, both in pretty OK form. They are not going to be stopped by any of the top 10... period, except maybe a few upsets. Nadal is coming back after his fishing trip, with Pico and Roger, still has it but, will limit the number of tournaments to maybe few masters and GS's.

The only real way this era will end is with a 19-21 year old rolling in the next few years and winning a slam. Now given looking at the young talent; there isn't any prospects. Tomic :/, Harrison :/, everyone else... cept maybe Ranoic, don't have a chance. Even Ranoic is not going to be shaking things up, most being 4th round of GS. I'm talking we need a new Fed who wins slam at 20/21. Someone to set the precedent for those to come. Out with the old, in with the new. :wavey:

What do you think it will require for this era to end?
Will it be the young talent to start a new era? Or will we see some of the worst tennis in history after Djokovic/ Murray?

Jverweij 11-07-2012 05:26 PM

Re: New Era for Tennis will begin once a YOUNG BLOOD comes in and wins a slam.

did you miss Bercy in its entirety? So far Janowicz has produced by far the best result of all the youngsters.

I really wouldn't put my money on Raonic, even if he gets hot, he is beatable. His footwork and RoS are just not good enough.

But in essence, you are probably right. I fear none of these guys will dethrone the boring 4.

nole_no1 11-07-2012 05:34 PM

"Will it be the young talent to start a new era? Or will we see some of the worst tennis in history after Djokovic/ Murray?"

That's a tough question to answer to. Maybe i'm wrong but i think the actual top 4 is too good and we are too used with the level of tennis they play now and played in the past few years and maybe that's why we see the future talents with bad eyes. We were used with epic matches between Federer and Nadal and now between them, Nole and Murray and when we'll see decent matches between future talents we'll say it's pretty bad because we will compare them then with the great players in the past (Federer, Nadal this days)...

Roy Emerson 11-07-2012 05:35 PM

Who will that be? Someone born in the mid-90s?

Kowchi 11-07-2012 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jverweij (Post 12540676)
did you miss Bercy in its entirety? So far Janowicz has produced by far the best result of all the youngsters.

I really wouldn't put my money on Raonic, even if he gets hot, he is beatable. His footwork and RoS are just not good enough.

But in essence, you are probably right. I fear none of these guys will dethrone the boring 4.

No I saw Bercy. The thing is who honestly can say they knew of him before Bercy and consistently watched his matches. Plus before this he has not made any death defying runs anywhere else.

Federer shook things up when he came on the tour. Beating hardened peak veterans and winning slams, same with Nadal. Nadal was 20-21, Fed 24 starting to become peak, yet Nadal challenges him at an early age. Even Murray and Djokovic were at least known and were winning masters and smaller events at 20. Also they were making Semi's Quaters of Slams pretty consistently.

What separates the current Top 4 from everyone else, is they were winning when they were young and knocking down the 25+ up veterans Same can't be said for the youngins of today.:confused:

latso 11-07-2012 06:29 PM

Happened in 2009 - no new era on the horizon

GSMnadal 11-07-2012 06:29 PM

King Kei will step up

Camusien 11-07-2012 06:33 PM

It doesn't look good. I would put more money on Wawrinka winning a slam rather than any of the youngsters for next year and even 2014.

August 11-07-2012 06:46 PM

New Era for Tennis will begin once a YOUNG BLOOD comes in and wins a slam, and stays on top. That could've happened in 1009 when DelPo won the USO but he got injured and hasn't returned on that level.

Time Violation 11-07-2012 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by latso (Post 12540773)
Happened in 2009 - no new era on the horizon

Yup, exactly.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GSMnadal (Post 12540774)
King Kei will step up

You mean Emperor Kei?

Mark Lenders 11-07-2012 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by August (Post 12540801)
New Era for Tennis will begin once a YOUNG BLOOD comes in and wins a slam, and stays on top. That could've happened in 1009 when DelPo won the USO but he got injured and hasn't returned on that level.

Negative. Even if Del Potro had remained healthy, a new era wouldn't have started. One player doesn't make a new era, it takes a whole generation of players stepping up - either that or a single player taking over Federer style and winning everything under the sun, which is quite unlikely.

Han Solo 11-07-2012 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kowchi (Post 12540670)
Really though, the next 5-6 years we may have to get used to Murray-Djoko, both 25, both in pretty OK form. They are not going to be stopped by any of the top 10... period, except maybe a few upsets. Nadal is coming back after his fishing trip, with Pico and Roger, still has it but, will limit the number of tournaments to maybe few masters and GS's.

The only real way this era will end is with a 19-21 year old rolling in the next few years and winning a slam. Now given looking at the young talent; there isn't any prospects. Tomic :/, Harrison :/, everyone else... cept maybe Ranoic, don't have a chance. Even Ranoic is not going to be shaking things up, most being 4th round of GS. I'm talking we need a new Fed who wins slam at 20/21. Someone to set the precedent for those to come. Out with the old, in with the new. :wavey:

What do you think it will require for this era to end?
Will it be the young talent to start a new era? Or will we see some of the worst tennis in history after Djokovic/ Murray?

:eek:

If they're contesting major finals regularly in five years time I will gladly eat my dog's faeces.

Five years is a LONG time. There will be players coming through better than 30-year-old Murray and Djokovic.

sleptember 11-07-2012 07:00 PM

Of all our youngsters, Jerzy "the Genius" Janowicz is the only one that has the game to win Slams and challenge the top four. I like Raonic and Kei, but they are not yet at that level.

Chris Kuerten 11-07-2012 07:14 PM

Nadal will have plenty of young blood when he comes back :shrug:

Fed fordawin 11-07-2012 07:22 PM

New era has already started in 2011. Nole number 1, Mugray winning a slam, Nadal falling into the abyss. Everyone out of the top 3 is irrelevant in this era.
This era will last 3 more years, after which the decline of Murrovic will have overcome the decline of Federer.
Then new era will be the rebirth of Federer, who will win 24 slams.