MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   General Messages (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   2 players W/O when they were to play each other. Has that ever happened in tennis? (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=212635)

Sauletekis 11-07-2012 02:31 PM

2 players W/O when they were to play each other. Has that ever happened in tennis?

I'm just curious about it. Some geek staticians of tennis here may answer this to me.

Of course I'm not referring to 1st round W/O's or 2nd round with byes in the 1st, cause then it would be 2 LL playing each other.

Thanks in advance! :wavey:

Slasher1985 11-07-2012 02:35 PM

Re: 2 players W/O when they were to play each other. Has that ever happened in tennis

Don't think it ever happened. One of the players must be first, and the second one will notice the first one retired, thus will postpone his retirement and see if he is fit for the next round's match.

August 11-07-2012 02:54 PM

Re: 2 players W/O when they were to play each other. Has that ever happened in tennis

If you get a W/O on, say, R16, and then lose in QF, will you get the prize money of R16 or QF loss?

scarecrows 11-07-2012 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by August (Post 12540196)
If you get a W/O on, say, R16, and then lose in QF, will you get the prize money of R16 or QF loss?

QF

Lleyton_ 11-07-2012 03:19 PM

This would be the best possible outcome of a Nadal-Djokovic match.

habibko 11-07-2012 04:30 PM

On a related note, has a player given a W/O after receiving a W/O himself in the previous round?

I suppose this is more likely but don't recall an example

FleetSeb 11-07-2012 05:14 PM

Wasn't this almost what happened between Nishikori and Simon in Paris. Gilles said he probably would have withdrawn had Kei not already done so.

Matt01 11-07-2012 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by habibko (Post 12540683)
On a related note, has a player given a W/O after receiving a W/O himself in the previous round?

I suppose this is more likely but don't recall an example

I recall one example on the WTA tour (in Tokyo about 9 years ago) but not on the ATP tour.

samanosuke 11-07-2012 05:25 PM

Remember once Ivanisevic was talking how he went on court with idea to announce that he is retiring from the match but opponent didn't show up due to injury, i think it was against Ulihrach in second round of one indoor event ( Milan or Rotterdam i think )

Nathaliia 11-07-2012 08:13 PM

what if tipsarevic and bogomolov played each other?

PiggyGotRoasted 11-07-2012 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nathaliia (Post 12541087)
what if tipsarevic and bogomolov played each other?

6 - 0 0 - 6 Ret - Ret