MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   Non-Tennis (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Amendment 64 Passes in Colorado. 21 and over can buy,smoke, grow weed...Legally. (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=212624)

Kowchi 11-07-2012 08:07 AM

Amendment 64 Passes in Colorado. 21 and over can buy,smoke, grow weed...Legally.

I'm from Colorado and tell you what many people are going bananas over amendment 64 passing. (If you are from Colorado. DONT SMOKE UNTIL HICKENLOOPER CERTIFIES VOTE, ITS STILL ILLEGAL. Pretty much Weed is now alcohol, cept you can have up to one ounce on you = 28grams :eek:. Can grow 6 plants and can legally sell in a store. Business, restaurants can still maintain policies on drug tests, etc. Also they can forbid smoking from being around the premise.

I for one voted on it, with full belief it is going to boost Colorado economy. Plus 40$ million of the money made within the first years is going to OUR Schools!!! I'm ecstatic about that one. I really think this will lower violent crimes and be a good benefit to society.

I have smoked only 7 times maybe in being in college (surprise!), its enjoyable in certain moments, but everyday smoking could become en cumbersome. When I turn 21, might buy a few edibles just to say I can :P.

What are your thoughts on this? For it? Against it?
Hope to see it in other states?
Think it will boost economy?

Give me your thoughts :smoke:

Edit: Sale of weed may take months, maybe even a year, so don't expect to be able to go out tomorrow to your local store and buy the ganja.

Edit 2: Well apparently come March, there will be official marijuana retail stores. As long as you are over 21, then you can purchase (limited???) marijuana.

The retail aspect should make a hefty profit and maybe bolster the Colorado economy.

Anymore thoughts on this. What you think retail marijuana will do, etc?

Slasher1985 11-07-2012 08:15 AM

Re: Amendment 64 Passes in Colorado. 21 and over can buy,smoke, grow weed...Legally.

You must be kidding here:

I for one voted on it, with full belief it is going to boost Colorado economy. Plus 40$ million of the money made within the first years is going to OUR Schools!!! I'm ecstatic about that one. I really think this will lower violent crimes and be a good benefit to society.

Let me correct this for you:

I for one would never vote on it, with full belief it is not going to boost Colorado economy. Plus 40$ million of the money and especially products made within the first years is going to OUR Schools!!! I'm ecstatic about that one. I really think this will increase violent crimes and be a really bad benefit to society.

Remind me to stay out of Colorado if I ever visit the US.

Jverweij 11-07-2012 08:21 AM

Re: Amendment 64 Passes in Colorado. 21 and over can buy,smoke, grow weed...Legally.

Finally! Sanity in America, even though it's only in one state.

I for one do not think legalizing soft-drugs will increase crimerates. In fact, it will lower them. Why? Because all the people who are now being arrested for smoking weed, will no longer be arrested, because they are not doing anything illegal. At the same time this decision will decrease criminal activity involved in dealing drugs, because it can all be done out in the open (shops anyone?) now.

The argument that now everyone will start getting addicted because it is more easily attainable is bollocks. People who want to experiment will do so, regardless of laws.

Banning weed, and allowing alcohol is as hypocritical as it gets. Just because we are used to this, does not make it logical.

Great decision Colorado! two thumbs up.

PS. Personally I am all for personal responsibility and would even consider legalizing all harddrugs aswell.

Kowchi 11-07-2012 08:31 AM

Honestly I probably would have not voted for it without the 40$ million to our schools piece.

Jverweii I agree. Someone drinks 10 shots of tequila, goes out driving, causes accident. Man drinks heavily abuses wife.

Smokes 10 bowls of weed, eats food, falls asleep. Drives, while under the influence, goes to McDonalds. Or never makes it out of drive way.

Yeah I agree, self control is the golden rule. Plus weed doesn't really damage anyone as far as I know.

Jverweij 11-07-2012 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kowchi (Post 12539355)
Honestly I probably would have not voted for it without the 40$ million to our schools piece.

Jverweii I agree. Someone drinks 10 shots of tequila, goes out driving, causes accident. Man drinks heavily abuses wife.

Smokes 10 bowls of weed, eats food, falls asleep. Drives, while under the influence, goes to McDonalds. Or never makes it out of drive way.

Yeah I agree, self control is the golden rule. Plus weed doesn't really damage anyone as far as I know.

It's true. When you look at the damage drugs and alcohol do to the user and it's environment, it pretty much goes (from least damage to most damage) weed--->alcohol--->harddrugs. the latter two are substances that cause way more activity when compared to weed. But we digress, if people want to use stuff and mess up their body and lives..go ahead. If they in that process cause harm to others or others' properties, they should be arrested and convicted. There is no need to belittle citizens by telling them what to do or not to do.

Slasher1985 11-07-2012 08:47 AM

It's the influence that causes people to fear both weed and hard drugs. Anyone parenting out there would not want their children to be influenced by people with free legal access to any drugs, cigarettes or alcohol. Kids don't always understand the effects, and there is no age limit for kids anyway, as they will always get such things from users. It's the overprotective instinct that would exaggerate the outcome of this vote, and I am calling myself inside this select club.

Kowchi 11-07-2012 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slasher1985 (Post 12539367)
It's the influence that causes people to fear both weed and hard drugs. Anyone parenting out there would not want their children to be influenced by people with free legal access to any drugs, cigarettes or alcohol. Kids don't always understand the effects, and there is no age limit for kids anyway, as they will always get such things from users. It's the overprotective instinct that would exaggerate the outcome of this vote, and I am calling myself inside this select club.

Yes I can definitely understand this point of view. Now of course curiosity comes naturally as it did with me. I feel sheltering your kid from Alcohol and now pot, is a terrible idea. Especially once it comes to college. Many of the worst decisions are made by kids who get to College finally having freedom to drink do whatever. They overdue, do stupid shit, end up in a car accident dead... so I'm a strong believer in open mindedness once a kid becomes the age of 18 and up. It gives them a taste of what its like so they don't over do it when they get the chance to.

Now of course children should not be exposed to weed. I feel it will reduce their mental capacity at such a young age. Of course if pregnant, I feel it should be illegal to smoke. I don't know much about birth growth and weed, but I'm sure it doesn't help the baby! Parents have to learn to control themselves if they are going to smoke with kids. The same goes for many things parents have to regulate. Such as when does Santa not exist, when to tell them about babies, when to tell them about sex. Weed is kinda the same idea. Just need to be careful and make sure they are informed when they are old enough. That way they don't smoke underage, or if they do at least they can understand their limit.

Chris Kuerten 11-07-2012 12:16 PM

Excellent. We've seen how it went in The Netherlands when they went from openly selling to a weed pass in certain areas, crime rates got up like crazy.

And the funny thing is there's a higher percentage of people smoking weed in America than there is here.

Jverweij 11-07-2012 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gustavo Kuerten (Post 12539555)
Excellent. We've seen how it went in The Netherlands when they went from openly selling to a weed pass in certain areas, crime rates got up like crazy.

And the funny thing is there's a higher percentage of people smoking weed in America than there is here.

Exactly this. Just focus on numbers not on gut feelings.

Slasher with regards to your fears. Believe it or not, legalizing drugs will make the entire market way more transparent and more easily manageble. I see no problem in having to reach a certain age before starting drugs (just as is the case with alcohol), mostly because research has shown that both substances can cause damage to the still-developing brain. An adult however, should decide for themselves. We don't need the government deciding for us which risks we can and cannot take.

Har-Tru 11-07-2012 03:15 PM

What a meaningless initiative.

The real blockbuster initiative was this one that was narrownly rejected by California voters.

Quote:

S Prohibit sitting on sidewalks in commercial districts in Berkeley between 7 a.m. and 10 p.m.?

Kowchi 11-07-2012 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Har-Tru (Post 12540307)
What a meaningless initiative.

The real blockbuster initiative was this one that was narrownly rejected by California voters.

Wow that is terrible. Big joke.

Har-Tru 11-07-2012 05:14 PM

I wonder what might have prompted legislators to propose such a measure.

Were people in Berkeley randomly sitting on sidewalks preventing shoppers from moving from store to store?

Kowchi 11-07-2012 05:58 PM

Homeless maybe. That could be a possibility.

Har-Tru 11-07-2012 06:03 PM

So assuming this initiative had passed and made it into law, couldn't a homeless man dodge the grasp of justice by simply lying down whenever he saw a police officer approaching?

Orange Wombat 11-07-2012 07:25 PM

Don't get any ideas :apumpkin: