MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   Non-Tennis (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   The "I don't care about politics" thread (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=212618)

Sri 11-07-2012 04:05 AM

The "I don't care about politics" thread
 
Really, why does the (local and international) media shove the U.S. elections down everyone's throat.

I don't care much about local politics, why do I care if Obama wins or Romney upsets?

It's like being forced to watch a massive reality T.V. show.

Everyone knows that, barring revolutions, country policies (especially U.S. policy) seldom change with change of guard at the top.

Sri 11-07-2012 04:06 AM

Re: The "I don't care about politics" thread
 
Tennis > Politics
Federer > Obama

Deal with it.

/grumpy

Freak3yman84 11-07-2012 04:09 AM

Re: The "I don't care about politics" thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sri (Post 12539101)
It's like being forced to watch a massive reality T.V. show.

Except you're not forced... Sure it's mainstream, but it can be somewhat ignored. It's similar to how Christmas is literally everywhere in the U.S. around winter, and being Jewish I couldn't care less about Christmas. Christmas decorations pop up in every store, my friends constantly talk about Christmas, every advertisement is Christmas themed, etc. but I sure as hell am not forced to pay attention or give a hoot about it. It's frustrating as hell, but I do my best to ignore it, same with politics.

abraxas21 11-07-2012 04:09 AM

Re: The "I don't care about politics" thread
 
if you don't care about politics then why start a thread about it?

i find this paradox more interesting than the question posed.

Sri 11-07-2012 04:12 AM

Re: The "I don't care about politics" thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by abraxas21 (Post 12539107)
if you don't care about politics then why start a thread about it?

i find this paradox more interesting than the question posed.

I like to whine and complain?

Sri 11-07-2012 04:13 AM

Re: The "I don't care about politics" thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Freak3yman84 (Post 12539106)
Except you're not forced... Sure it's mainstream, but it can be somewhat ignored. It's similar to how Christmas is literally everywhere in the U.S. around winter, and being Jewish I couldn't care less about Christmas. Christmas decorations pop up in every store, my friends constantly talk about Christmas, every advertisement is Christmas themed, etc. but I sure as hell am not forced to pay attention or give a hoot about it. It's frustrating as hell, but I do my best to ignore it, same with politics.

It infiltrates my facebook / twitter feed... :-(

Freak3yman84 11-07-2012 04:14 AM

Re: The "I don't care about politics" thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sri (Post 12539115)
It infiltrates my facebook / twitter feed... :-(

That too. Just ignore it if you don't care, there's no use in focusing on something you don't care for.

Topspindoctor 11-07-2012 06:02 AM

Re: The "I don't care about politics" thread
 
Good thread. Politics dont interest me at all. Everyone knows that corruption runs deep in the so called democracy. Watching the world make a big deal out of yank elections is pathetic.

Kat_YYZ 11-07-2012 06:03 AM

Re: The "I don't care about politics" thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sri (Post 12539115)
It infiltrates my facebook / twitter feed... :-(

turn off the computer and read a book.

Sri 11-07-2012 06:05 AM

Re: The "I don't care about politics" thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kat_YYZ (Post 12539242)
turn off the computer and read a book.

ha ha .. good one .. but we now have tablets as book readers.. :-/

humanity is doomed! :P

Chris Kuerten 11-07-2012 12:19 PM

Re: The "I don't care about politics" thread
 
The only thing that annoys me is that everyone acts like they know anything about politics. 90+% of the voters don't have a clue what they're voting on.

Democracy is a joke, but unfortunately there's no better mass system.

tennizen 11-07-2012 01:20 PM

Re: The "I don't care about politics" thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sri (Post 12539101)
Really, why does the (local and international) media shove the U.S. elections down everyone's throat.

I don't care much about local politics, why do I care if Obama wins or Romney upsets?

It's like being forced to watch a massive reality T.V. show.

Everyone knows that, barring revolutions, country policies (especially U.S. policy) seldom change with change of guard at the top.

:lol: I don't care at all either but because I think it is a reality T.V. show I enjoy the drama occasionally. But if I were living outside the US, I would probably completely ignore the hoopla and like someone suggested, would go read a book instead.

Har-Tru 11-07-2012 02:54 PM

Re: The "I don't care about politics" thread
 
Yeah, it's not like the election of the most powerful person in the world has any relevance at all. :shrug:

tennizen 11-07-2012 03:18 PM

Re: The "I don't care about politics" thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Har-Tru (Post 12540201)
Yeah, it's not like the election of the most powerful person in the world has any relevance at all. :shrug:

:lol:

Har-Tru 11-07-2012 03:47 PM

Re: The "I don't care about politics" thread
 
Oh right. The CEO of Exxon is. Or was it Shell?


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:09 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.