MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1133)
-   -   Top Spin 4 Video game anyone? (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=212533)

Kowchi 11-05-2012 08:03 AM

Top Spin 4 Video game anyone?

There really isn't a video game section for this forum, so figured this might be the place to discuss this.

Anyone have this game and wants to play on the 360?
xbl: Kowchi

I think it's an awesome tennis simulator, other then the fact that ball bashers dominate too easily. It's nice to be able to create yourself and play against players, like Federer, Nadal, Roddick, Murray, etc. Online is also a blast if you don't play against hard hitter cheesers. So if anyone wants to play against me or wants to discuss this game vs. Virtua Tennis, come on in!

Wing Man Frank 11-05-2012 10:58 AM

Re: Top Spin 4 Video game anyone?

Do you have Virtua Tennis?

MinioNole 11-05-2012 11:16 AM

Virtua tennis is too arcadey but really fun. I haven't played Top Spin but based on the videos I've seen, it's indeed the better one in terms of real tennis emulator.

Kowchi 11-05-2012 02:28 PM

No I do not have Virtua, but have played it and think its decent. Easier to pick up. Top Spin in my opinion is far superior, then Virtua. It allows the player to do a my career run through. Also has much versatility, when it comes to playing styles.
You can build your player off of
Baseline Hard Hitter- More power, better ground strokes.
Defensive Player- Good stamina and angle.
Serve and Volley- Better serves, good volley, fast speeds.
-- Of course you can do a combination of any of them. Coaches will also be given to you as you choose your skills. For instance if you put 20 points into Baseline, your coach will focus on power, improving ground strokes, giving you a monster serve etc.

Now given the games roster is lacking when it comes to players; mind you roster was made in 2010-2011ish, Tomic is playable :/, yes this is an option... It is missing DelPotro, Tsonga, Ferrer, and instead insists on keeping James Blake, Tomic, Warwrinka and Gilles Simon. Of course it has household names aka top 4. All is forgiven, you can create the player of your dreams or an up and coming star and play through all 250's 500's Masters, and GS, minus Wimbeldon, (copyright issues or something :/), Dublin Open.

Biggest downfall can be online play. People may not be on at all, might be from Brazil (bad connection), or make their character a Heavy Hitting cheater :(. This game gets me the most infuriated at of any sports game, due to the fact I understand what is going on, haha. Which is a good thing :)

I would highly suggest this game to anyone who is an avid tennis fan or who loves xbox/ps3 :)

Wing Man Frank 11-05-2012 06:40 PM

Good post Kowchi, I agree with everything you've said. Sometimes just prefer playing Virtua Tennis myself as it's easier to just pick up and play, Top Spin just feels so much more serious!

I'll have to get your username sometime and see if you want a few games online?

leng jai 11-05-2012 09:43 PM

I play Topspin 4 online all the time despite all the cheese custom players or people who hit angle shots and drop volleys every 2 seconds.

Mark Lenders 11-05-2012 09:48 PM

Well, I play TS4 on PS3. If anyone is up for a game, just say something and add me on PSN: Manuel Traquete

leng jai 11-05-2012 10:17 PM

Xbox here unfortunately. The PS3 sticks are awful for sports games.

The Prince 11-05-2012 10:19 PM

I play on PS3.

PSN: jordi_h

Give anyone a game when it's convenient for both parties. ;)

Mark Lenders 11-05-2012 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bulldog (Post 12536534)
I play on PS3.

PSN: jordi_h

Give anyone a game when it's convenient for both parties. ;)

Will add you and we should definitely play. We'll arrange it via twitter messages or something ;)

Kowchi 11-06-2012 01:45 AM

Leng Jai, what kind of players do you use? Also if you are going to add me, please say, MTF or something, so I don't think you are some rando :P

leng jai 11-06-2012 01:50 AM

I only use Djokovic and Wawrinka. My Xbox tag is Fruitrience.

justandra 11-06-2012 02:40 PM

I guess I'm the only one who plays TS4 on Wii, lol. I only own 3 games and they are all tennis. TS4 stays in my console most times and I play once a week or so, down from the 2 the 3 hrs daily I played when I first got it, lol. Hoping a TS5 is in the works.

sportstennis 11-06-2012 03:18 PM

Virtua Tennis

Certinfy 11-06-2012 05:20 PM

Yeah I play,

Gamertag: Jason Fernandes
PSN ID: Certinty

Don't play it on the PS3 much though, both my controllers are fucked up. Mainly play on my 360s.