MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1133)
-   -   I have to say if there is any athlete I want my kid to aspire to its Federer. (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=212087)

Kowchi 10-29-2012 12:21 AM

I have to say if there is any athlete I want my kid to aspire to its Federer.

Many other sports aka basketball and football, have "idols" that have ***** someone, have shot someone, punched fans, done many drugs.

This makes me realize how different tennis is from the other sports. The rolemodels in tennis are so much more mature and elegant in how they carry themselves. I'd love to show my kid Federer and what he is all about. As much as you can say he is a mug, oldie, out of shape, terrible player :rolleyes:, you have to admit compared to other sports idols he is a saint.

Thank you tennis for producing sport's heros that we can really look up to. :)

EDIT:!! Btw if a mod would be willing to change the thread title to, Tennis has the best Role models; that would be appreciated :P

GOATsol 10-29-2012 12:22 AM

Re: I have to say if there is any athlete I want my kid to aspire to its Federer.

My baby will get an RF onesie. :)

Looner 10-29-2012 12:23 AM

Re: I have to say if there is any athlete I want my kid to aspire to its Federer.

If I have a kid, the first word she/he'll utter will be "Roger Federer is the G.O.A.T.". I hope this helps.

Nole fan 10-29-2012 12:24 AM

Federer forum. :rolleyes:

GOATsol 10-29-2012 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nole fan (Post 12514563)

No.

Topspindoctor 10-29-2012 12:27 AM

Lol. Ass kisser alert.

Send this message to Noserer, maybe he'll send you an autographed RF cap.

nick the greek 10-29-2012 12:32 AM

Speaking of kids, Uglyrer should name his future male child Rafa.

Moozza 10-29-2012 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nole fan (Post 12514563)

this.

xdrewitdajx 10-29-2012 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kowchi (Post 12514555)
Many other sports aka basketball and football, have "idols" that have ***** someone, have shot someone, punched fans, done many drugs.

This makes me realize how different tennis is from the other sports. The rolemodels in tennis are so much more mature and elegant in how they carry themselves. I'd love to show my kid Federer and what he is all about. As much as you can say he is a mug, oldie, out of shape, terrible player :rolleyes:, you have to admit compared to other sports idols he is a saint.

Thank you tennis for producing sport's heros that we can really look up to. :)

XD please elaborate this particular point

Abel 10-29-2012 12:48 AM

Nole, surely?

GOATsol 10-29-2012 12:51 AM

It would be awful if my child decided he/she liked Nadal.

End da Game 10-29-2012 12:53 AM

I have to say that most of the top guys (apart from berdshit, fuck him) carry themselves pretty well. They're all quite sensibly behaved, you never hear any sex or drugs scandals with them. Its probably down to the fact that tennis is an individual sport where the players are responsible for their own wellbeing and success. So they're forced to mature faster than athletes in team sports like football or basketball where theres still a bit of high school mentality among them.

Honestly 10-29-2012 01:01 AM

No surprises here. Only a Dulltard or a sore loser would not see what Roger has done for the sport and what a great champion he is. But the greater man you are the more haters you will have. Just look at Jesus :shrug: Then look at MTF :o

Moozza 10-29-2012 01:05 AM

Tell them to be like Murray. That determination and self discipline to pick himself up after so many tough losses is admirable. Many would have given up but Andy just worked harder and got there in the end. Slamray is the best role model.:):worship:

Pirata. 10-29-2012 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nick the greek (Post 12514575)
Speaking of kids, Uglyrer should name his future male child Rafa.

Raphael Andreas Agassi Johan McEnroe Federer :baby: